Goldfish's Slightly Too Early 2019 Season Predictions - All 32 up

goldfishwars

On 7/14/2019 at 5:33 PM, Bearerofnews said:

You really think Eagles roster > Chargers roster or Rams Roster. ? I think Saints and Cowboys are better rosters to. Maybe Chicago to.

When you account for overall "Depth" 53 man roster, absolutely on par or better then who you have listed. Now the Starting 22, yes there are other teams probably ahead. Dallas has no depth whatsoever but one of the best Starting 22 in the NFL. Doesnt make them a better roster. Chargers ,Saints and Rams similar as well, Bears? Come on now?

Eagles have proven they can play through injuries and backups step up. Not talking just QB either.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

When you account for overall "Depth" 53 man roster, absolutely on par or better then who you have listed. Now the Starting 22, yes there are other teams probably ahead. Dallas has no depth whatsoever but one of the best Starting 22 in the NFL. Doesnt make them a better roster. Chargers ,Saints and Rams similar as well, Bears? Come on now?

Eahles have proven they can play through injuries and backups step up. Not talking just QB either.

Eagles went from 13-3 to 9-7 last year and didnt finish top 10 in any of the 4 big categories. Offensive yds and pts, defensive yds or points. 

Outside the Cowboys, the other 4 teams i mentioned won atleaast 3 more games and Rams and Saints finished top 10 in 2 of the 4. Bears and Chargers 3 of the top 4. Chargers where 1 spot out of being top 10 in all 4. 

I just dont know what proof there is that Eagles have a roster on pace with those teams and even depth that some of them have.

On 7/15/2019 at 1:21 AM, Bearerofnews said:

Eagles went from 13-3 to 9-7 last year and didnt finish top 10 in any of the 4 big categories. Offensive yds and pts, defensive yds or points. 

Outside the Cowboys, the other 4 teams i mentioned won atleaast 3 more games and Rams and Saints finished top 10 in 2 of the 4. Bears and Chargers 3 of the top 4. Chargers where 1 spot out of being top 10 in all 4. 

I just dont know what proof there is that Eagles have a roster on pace with those teams and even depth that some of them have.

I'd list the numerous (Dozen of so starters and key Rotational players) that missed significant time, on IR or a1/3 of the season but since I'm assuming you didn't already know that or care, its probably a waste of time.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Lets put something into perspective. 

Eagles leading Rushers last season were Josh Adams and Wendell Smallwood. Despite the fact that we're likely to keep 4 RBs this year, neither of them is likely to make the roster. The Eagles had basically one dimension to work with because the lack of talent at RB.

3 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

The Eagles were missing their starting QB though

Id love to see the Chargers record with a hobbled Rivers.

Edited by Chiefer

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Foles did win a superbowl.  Plus they went 5-6 with Wentz last year and 4-1 with Foles. Js.

Being honest, most of the team was complacent when Wentz was playing, only when Wentz down did they stop and look themselves in the mirror and actually say "Hey we gotta pull our own weight."

Not to mention Jim Schwartz was pretty much fully responsible for 3 losses when Wentz was playing last year giving up huge leads and not stopping full length drives against bad teams in the 4th Quarter or OT multiple times.