Goldfish's Slightly Too Early 2019 Season Predictions - All 32 up

goldfishwars

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Anyone who thinks that we can predict what the NFL will do punishment wise is kidding themselves.   Remember, there was a ton of talk that career-ending was possible.   1 year was certainly in the cards, and given Zeke's punishment, 8 games was a fair guess, too.   Giving GFW a hard time because he should have known Hill was going to get 4 games or less is all hindsight.

If GFW made a 8-8 prediction because he didn't know if Hill was on the team or not, it's fair to say the prediction should revised.   He even qualified that the Chiefs with Hill were a SB contender.  

I mean, in the end, we're all uncertain.  But let's not pretend that the NFL has any type of consistency in this realm.   If someone wanted to take a pessimistic view on Hill's future, it doesn't seem crazy at all.   Now with more info, it's easy to say the Chiefs' odds go way, way up.  My 2 cents.

Man, I'm not giving him a hard time. I'm just voicing my opinion and if he was to publish such a ranking projecting the 2019 season there was always going to be critics.

I think his list is great. I've got no problems with the Eagles being projected as a top team this season. 

And from what I have seen, the Chiefs have been ranked 2nd to the Patriots as 2020 SB favorites throughout the Hill saga. 

This is a team that could win 13-14 games this season IMO even taking into account their really hard schedule.

Losing Hill would have hurt but never to the point of being a .500 team. Anyways, we will never know now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Anyone who thinks that we can predict what the NFL will do punishment wise is kidding themselves.   Remember, there was a ton of talk that career-ending was possible.   1 year was certainly in the cards, and given Zeke's punishment, 8 games was a fair guess, too.   Giving GFW a hard time because he should have known Hill was going to get 4 games or less is all hindsight.

If GFW made a 8-8 prediction because he didn't know if Hill was on the team or not, it's fair to say the prediction should revised.   He even qualified that the Chiefs with Hill were a SB contender.  

I mean, in the end, we're all uncertain.  But let's not pretend that the NFL has any type of consistency in this realm.   If someone wanted to take a pessimistic view on Hill's future, it doesn't seem crazy at all.   Now with more info, it's easy to say the Chiefs' odds go way, way up.  My 2 cents.

It isn't hindsight when there's posts the day he made the prediction talking about how all recent news suggested a short or no suspension. There was a pretty solid consensus by then amongst Chiefs writers and coverage, no one else just wanted to believe it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

It isn't hindsight when there's posts the day he made the prediction talking about how all recent news suggested a short or no suspension. There was a pretty solid consensus by then amongst Chiefs writers and coverage, no one else just wanted to believe it.

And fan expectations are always realistic and reliable.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Without going too off-topic and veering this thread into madness, I'd just point out SEA fans probably would have said the same about Jarran Reed.   Anyone who thinks they can be certain about the NFL's process and ability to predict outcome is kidding themselves on the randomness and capricious nature of the NFL's personal conduct policy application.   Just because you put the chips on black in roulette and it hits black doesn't make it a Nostradamus like prediction, or is putting it on red (as GFW did with his take) a bad one...that's all I'm saying.   

Again, I get no one is outright killing GFW for the take, but to somehow say the outcome should have been foreseeable is just kidding themselves.  My 2 cents.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buckweath said:

I just think his Chiefs ranking regardless of Hill is clearly a bad take. This is a team which was second to the Pats as 2020 SB favorites at the time he published his ranking.

It is what it is.

Since when do the pundits  Favorites, actually pan out the following season "outside" of NE that is?

Hell last seasons top 4 going into 2018 I'm sure included the Jags and Eagles! Year before that 17' ,Falcons and Steelers. It's what they do.

It's the easy out for the odds makers who have just as much clue what will transpire in 2020 as you or I. Just saying.

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

It wasn't fan expectation, we only felt that way because sports writers and talking heads with knowledge of the situation and contacts with the league said he wouldn't get suspended or if he did itd be very short.

Either way an Andy Reid coached Chiefs team has never gone less than 9-7. And that 9-7 squad was the year of no WR TDs led by Alex Smith.

I mean meltdowns happen all the time, but you're basically expecting Mahomes arm to fall off and Reid to go full dumb dumb. It's a bad take, but hey nobody's perfect and it's a pretty good list overall.

Edited by Chiefer

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

It wasn't fan expectation, we only felt that way because sports writers and talking heads with knowledge of the situation and contacts with the league said he wouldn't get suspended or if he did itd be very short.

Either way an Andy Reid coached Chiefs team has never gone less than 9-7. And that 9-7 squad was the year of no WR TDs led by Alex Smith.

I mean meltdowns happen all the time, but you're basically expecting Mahomes arm to fall off and Reid to go full dumb dumb. It's a bad take, but hey nobody's perfect and it's a pretty good list overall.

History shows after Reid loses to Patriots in the conf or SB he has a losing season. Reid had 5 straight double digit win seasons in Philly. His 7th season he went 6-10.  He is about to have his 7th season with KC. 7-9 is inevitable. 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

History shows after Reid loses to Patriots in the conf or SB he has a losing season. Reid had 5 straight double digit win seasons in Philly. His 7th season he went 6-10.  He is about to have his 7th season with KC. 7-9 is inevitable. 

What a random factoid, now I know you're trolling lmao

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Not fan expectations, reports from those near and around the team. Some of the more reliable Chiefs writers, former players, etc. Fan expectations were pessimistic until reports started coming out that his meetings with the league went very well in late June, and in early July when you had Tim Grunhard reporting that the team didn't expect him to get suspended at all. It was a consensus from Chiefs media except for the Star, basically, for...reasons.

And mind you, I still thought a nominal suspension was likely. But a full year suspension was way out of the realm of likelihood by the time this went up.

47 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Not fan expectations, reports from those near and around the team. Some of the more reliable Chiefs writers, former players, etc. Fan expectations were pessimistic until reports started coming out that his meetings with the league went very well in late June, and in early July when you had Tim Grunhard reporting that the team didn't expect him to get suspended at all. It was a consensus from Chiefs media except for the Star, basically, for...reasons.

And mind you, I still thought a nominal suspension was likely. But a full year suspension was way out of the realm of likelihood by the time this went up.

The general public didn't want to believe it though. Looking at past cases I don't exactly blame them. The seriousness of the crime, combined with his past transgressions, and the irrational "guilty till proven innocent" mindstate from society in general and it's not hard to see a suspension coming.

I'm still interested in hearing what @goldfishwars thinks the Chiefs record will be now with Tyreek. Do we jump to top 5? Funny enough, the title is "slightly too early" so.maybe were giving him too much flack lol. It's not gonna be perfect.

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I'm just gonna say it, I think people are sleeping on the loss of Mark Ingram.

Yeah, but the saints offense has always been able to plug in players and get production. I am more concerned about trequan Smith stepping into that #2 role. Outside of Thomas they didn't have anyone who could produce consistently. 

Brees arm didn't look great at the end of the year. He was still accurate as hell and read the field well, but the physical decline may be happening. I think they will lean on the run game a lot this year 

Whoever their #2 RB this year is will be someone I make sure to snag in fantasy football