Goldfish's Slightly Too Early 2019 Season Predictions - All 32 up

goldfishwars

Extremely disappointed that either A: No Cowboy Fans have decided to follow this thread or B: Chosen not to dispute the write up?

Maybe they were waiting until the Top 5 were posted? 

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 hours ago, Danand said:

There is this wild chance that a rookie QB could improve - especially with better players around him. 

A.) Buffalo never really upgraded the offense.

B.) I don't see exactly how Allen can really improve because he hasn't really shown anything other than his running ability. He still can't throw the ball into Lake Erie.

36 minutes ago, Elky said:

B.) I don't see exactly how Allen can really improve because he hasn't really shown anything other than his running ability. He still can't throw the ball into Lake Erie.

Dude read the write up, Buffalo invested heavily on the offensive side of the ball. The offensive line should see a big improvement and they've got some explosive weapons for Allen. I'm not particularly convinced by him, but they're building around his skill-set.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Tight End – The 49ers stumbled into something special in George Kittle, who was probably drafted entirely based on his workout at Iowa and has grown into one of the game’s most unplayable receivers

Quarterback – Obviously the health of Cam Newton is the big shadow over this team in 2019, the early reports are good which is encouraging. When he’s on his game, he’s still one of the most unplayable talents in the league.

Is this a meme i'm missing out on? lol

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Elky said:

This is just ignorant. Of course Allen has a chance to improve. We could already argue he improved from the first half of the season to his second half of the season after he came back from injury. He was raw coming into the draft and was expected to need time to adjust. 

Second, the Bills added Cody ford and Devin Singletary in the draft, both with decent upside. Then John Brown, Cole Beasley, Ty Nsheke, Mitch Morse among others was added. They don't have the deepest roster, but a team who went 6-10 last season and losing 7 of those games against playoff teams, they have some upside.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Danand said:

This is just ignorant. Of course Allen has a chance to improve. We could already argue he improved from the first half of the season to his second half of the season after he came back from injury. He was raw coming into the draft and was expected to need time to adjust. 

Second, the Bills added Cody ford and Devin Singletary in the draft, both with decent upside. Then John Brown, Cole Beasley, Ty Nsheke, Mitch Morse among others was added. They don't have the deepest roster, but a team who went 6-10 last season and losing 7 of those games against playoff teams, they have some upside.

No **** he has a chance to improve, but I highly doubt it. Adding a bunch of mediocre no-name receivers isn't going to help overcome his deficiencies.

13 minutes ago, Elky said:

No **** he has a chance to improve, but I highly doubt it. Adding a bunch of mediocre no-name receivers isn't going to help overcome his deficiencies.

Why you ignoring offensive line? I agree the receivers are for sure mediocre but they at least fit skill wise. 

The Bills offensive line was HORRIFIC last year, leading to Josh having no time to throw, rushing things, or tucking and running the ball. 

He’s never going to have pin point 70% completion percentage but he can be successful in a run and gun offense. He also pushed the ball down the field far too often last season trying to do too much. With more time this year, and the additions of Beasley and Yeldon as security blankets he didn’t have this year, those numbers will improve.

Edited by bigbadbuff23835
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Elky said:

All Bills did was raise the floor of their overall talent on offense. Zay Jones, Foster, Brown and Beasley with Kroft and Knox as receiving options is not amazing, but it is a solid group. With McCoy, Gore and Singletary along with Allens own ability to run the ball, that is a solid group as well - although it could use a quick/fast change of pace back. 

Seems like they want to build a powerful oline and they added 3 potentially good options there with Nsekje, Morse and Ford alongside a couple of potential backups. 

Jets and Dolphins x 2, Bengals, Giants, Titans and Redskins are all teams I could see Bills pulling away with a W, and if they pull off an upset or two, they could have a surprisingly good season.

Its fine you made up your mind, but your argumentation for it sucks.

Just now, Danand said:

All Bills did was raise the floor of their overall talent on offense. Zay Jones, Foster, Brown and Beasley with Kroft and Knox as receiving options is not amazing, but it is a solid group. With McCoy, Gore and Singletary along with Allens own ability to run the ball, that is a solid group as well - although it could use a quick/fast change of pace back. 

Seems like they want to build a powerful oline and they added 3 potentially good options there with Nsekje, Morse and Ford alongside a couple of potential backups. 

Jets and Dolphins x 2, Bengals, Giants, Titans and Redskins are all teams I could see Bills pulling away with a W, and if they pull off an upset or two, they could have a surprisingly good season.

Its fine you made up your mind, but your argumentation for it sucks.

So they added a fossilized Frank Gore to go with a washed up Shady and an unproven rookie. Big whoop.

55 minutes ago, Elky said:

They may not be world beaters but Cole Beasley and John Brown are hardly no names. Brown was on pace for 1000 yards before Jackson took over and their offense changed. 

And they are certainly both upgrades to Kelvin Benjamin and Isiah McKenzie/Andre Holmes. 

As for the write-up, I thought the Bills would be in the low 20's so I didn't find their placement too surprising. The Bills are an easy punch line but the is talent there. 9 or 10 of 11 starters returning on D and 7 of those going into their 3rd season together and with Sean McDermott/Frazier means the sky is the limit for this group.

As always it will come down to Josh Allen. He improved big time after weeks 2-6 to then returning from injury in week 12 and was one play away from having a 4-2 record (6-5 overall) in that last haul. 

I mean, based on what they did last year, no, they shouldn't be this high.  But if you're not speculating to some degree, you're just posting the same rankings from the end of the season last year, more or less.  Goldfish I guess is a Josh Allen believer.

Personally, I think the Bills are probably one of the middling teams this year too.  They're in a weak division overall, QBs in their second year can make big strides (though I thought Allen was a trash prospect), and they had a great draft.

I also disagree with the Titans being so low, since they were a 9-7 team last year and have improved everywhere on paper, but it's still a reasonable ranking, with Mariota's health always being up in the air.  Same with the Texans.  Acting like it's indefensible to rank the Bills in the middle of the pack is unreasonable.