Goldfish's Slightly Too Early 2019 Season Predictions - All 32 up

goldfishwars

Seems about right for the Jets. Our season goes as Darnold goes. If he only shows a slight improvement, than 6-10 makes sense. Year 2, QBs can see significant improvements though. So, the 25 range is likely closer to our floor. 

Edited by SDotNova

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

Being honest, most of the team was complacent when Wentz was playing, only when Wentz down did they stop and look themselves in the mirror and actually say "Hey we gotta pull our own weight."

Not to mention Jim Schwartz was pretty much fully responsible for 3 losses when Wentz was playing last year giving up huge leads and not stopping full length drives against bad teams in the 4th Quarter or OT multiple times.

Which might all be true. But cant pin the record on losing Wentz, as Chiefer was suggesting. As the record was better under Foles. 

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Which might all be true. But cant pin the record on losing Wentz, as Chiefer was suggesting. As the record was better under Foles. 

It does however lack context. Anyone with eyes can see that Wentz is a far superior QB than Foles.

GFW stated that a Chiefs team with Hill for most of the season is a SB contender. So, I will take it as a 10-6 write up. There are still a couple of points to make.

Sutton's defense was notoriously difficult to pick up. Chris Jones was a great fit, but Anthony Hitchens was not. The coverage scheme was man heavy and the LB received no run support from the secondary. With players like Derrick Johnson and Eric Berry it worked. Without them it got passive. Last season the talent was better than the results. The upshot is that Spagnuolo's much simpler system could be much more effective, at least initially. 

The other area is interior OL. Cam Erving may to be moving to swing OT. Kahlil McKenzie seems to be pushing him out of the LG slot. The team's best OL may be RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff. He was on IR the second half of last season. Even with a new C, the blocking should be improved. The real question is who backs up TE. Travis Kelce is Travis Kelce, but there is no TE2 yet.

J

11 hours ago, CKS97 said:

The Patriots will not get a first round bye 

Have you seen their schedule? I'd personally be shocked if they weren't anything but 14-2 or better. Look especially close at first 6 or 7 games and its hard imagining they aren't undefeated.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, JBURGE said:

I like the Eagles a lot, but.... 14-2 is a little rich for me

@Falcons
@Packers (TNF)
@Vikings
@Cowboys
vs Bears
vs Patriots (off Eagles bye)
vs Seahawks 

I think that 2 losses is optimistic as personally I don't see them as being far and away a better team than most of those listed. Just my 2 cents, but a great list!

This is a bold prediction (many will say foolish), but I'm picking the Cowboys to win their division this year.  Wentz is going to have to prove he can stay healthy for a whole season before I go all in on the Eagles.  They do have a great roster, however, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had an equally great year.  May the best team win, I guess.

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Have you seen their schedule? I'd personally be shocked if they weren't anything but 14-2 or better. Look especially close at first 6 or 7 games and its hard imagining they aren't undefeated.

Oldest team in the league. At some point, the barbarians are gonna storm the castle.

brady can’t dink and dunk his way forever to hide his age.

This is an aging team held up by 2 legendary geezers that everyone takes for granted.

we all just act like New England can do no wrong and the SB is their birthright.

enough is enough.

it is time for the most unlikeable despicable team in history to get their comeuppance .

karma is long LONG overdue for this team

when the dynasty dies, nobody will feel sorry for their “fans” who will probably we wearing Dak jerseys when Brady is finally gone for good. They are entitled brats that think life is nothing but parades and SB’s.

the nuclear winter is coming.

Edited by CKS97

11 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Oldest team in the league. At some point, the barbarians are gonna storm the castle.

brady can’t dink and dunk his way forever to hide his age.

This is an aging team held up by 2 legendary geezers that everyone takes for granted.

we all just act like New England can do no wrong and the SB is their birthright.

enough is enough.

it is time for the most unlikeable despicable team in history to get their comeuppance .

karma is long LONG overdue for this team

when the dynasty dies, nobody will feel sorry for their “fans” who will probably we wearing Dak jerseys when Brady is finally gone for good. They are entitled brats that think life is nothing but parades and SB’s.

the nuclear winter is coming.

..... subscribe

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Foles did win a superbowl.  Plus they went 5-6 with Wentz last year and 4-1 with Foles. Js.

And again id love to see the Chargers record without Rivers, heck a Rivers hobbled with back injuries.

Something tells me they dont sniff the playoffs.

14 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Isn't that the equivalent then of those of you suggesting the Chargers will be just fine without Gordon,  because they were 4-0 without him? Just because it occured,  doesn't mean true!

Jim Schwartz's complete and utter ineptitude as a DC losing 3 of the first 7 gms with dbl digit leads in the 4th qt absolutely should count towards/against Wentz's W/L record and Foles's since it never occurred Once during Nicks starts. 

I'd also love to know what the you think the chargers record even with Rivers for a full 16 gms would be without his Top 3RB, 2WR, TE, 3CB, 2DE, LB, and Safety on IR? That list Doesn't even account for the 1/2 Dozen more who missed several games as well.

When running back Corey Clement and defensive end Josh Sweat were placed on season-ending Injured Reserve this week, they represented the 12th and 13th players shelved for the year - 12 of them on IR and one (safety Chris Maragos) on the Physically Unable to Perform list. It's a staggering number that has, no matter how you look at it, had a tremendous impact on the performance of the team.

No excuses, just facts. Here is a ranking of the 12 players and the way their absences have altered the Eagles' plans in 2018.

Eagles Mobile: A List Of Injuries, And The Impact On 2018 Season https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/a-list-of-injuries-and-the-impact-on-2018-season

Edited by Nabbs4u

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jim Schwartz's complete and utter ineptitude as a DC losing 3 of the first 7 gms with dbl digit leads in the 4th qt absolutely should count towards/against Wentz's W/L record and Foles's since it never occurred Once during Nicks starts. 

The only game that I see where that actually happened was the Panthers game.

On 7/15/2019 at 1:42 PM, Danger said:

Being honest, most of the team was complacent when Wentz was playing, only when Wentz down did they stop and look themselves in the mirror and actually say "Hey we gotta pull our own weight."

Not to mention Jim Schwartz was pretty much fully responsible for 3 losses when Wentz was playing last year giving up huge leads and not stopping full length drives against bad teams in the 4th Quarter or OT multiple times.

Also when Wentz was playing there was a point that Josh Perkins(4th TE) was getting significant reps as an outside WR. Hopefully the injuries don't pile up this year.

15 hours ago, Chiefer said:

And again id love to see the Chargers record without Rivers, heck a Rivers hobbled with back injuries.

Something tells me they dont sniff the playoffs.

I dont know what record would be.  I suspect if we dont have good backup qb play, not very good.

Again, youd have an argument if they were 8-3 with Wentz and 1-4 with Foles.