Mandela effect in the NFL

Elky

4 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Like, a non-football related Mandela Effect for me is remembering "Chick-Fil-A" being spelled "Chic-Fil-A", but that was never ever the case.

Or like the line in Forrest Gump being "Life WAS like a box of chocolates" but I remember it being "Life IS life a box of chocolates"

That makes me think of 'Play it again, Sam' from Casablanca.

He never uses that line. He just yells "Play It!" at the end of an argument / conversation.

9 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Gahdamn this thread is woke af

tenor.gif?itemid=3871502

6 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Or like the line in Forrest Gump being "Life WAS like a box of chocolates" but I remember it being "Life IS life a box of chocolates"

It's both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:
8 hours ago, pwny said:

Show me literally any source that includes your types of examples as an example of false memory. Literally any source. I'll wait.

Only one I could find:

I'm having a false memory of this thread already having happened and you were there and you were there, maybe it's deja vu though.

Nope, it's the George Santayana effect:

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 2:50 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

I dont think you understand the premise and multiple things can be true at once.

The NFL could have been stupid for suspending Tom Brady, and the balls could have been deflated.  Spygate could have given the Pats an edge AND other teams may have been guilty of it as well.  Its circumstantial evidence no doubt, but why did the NFL destroy all the tapes without any ever being seen by the public?  Why did Tom Brady destroy a cell phone when he was asked to give it to investigators.  The reason the NFL suspended Brady was bc of the APPEARANCE of a cover up, whether there was anything to cover up or not, whether it had any outcome on the game are matters up for debate, but after spygate, any appearance of a cover up is damning for the NFL.  This was al labout appearing to do something.  TB12 appeared to be covering something up, and the NFL appeared to punish him for it.

Tapes were shown to reporters btw 

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I think that  "The Catch" is a good candidate for this. People often think that was a game winning throw or something at the end of the game. The truth is that there was still roughly a minute left on the clock with Dallas only needing a field goal to win, and Drew Pearson made a thirty yard  catch to make it really interesting (the often forgotten horse collar tackle). The 49er defense then sacked Danny White, forcing a fumble, and the 49ers recovered, actually sealing the victory. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I think that  "The Catch" is a good candidate for this. People often think that was a game winning throw or something at the end of the game. The truth is that there was still roughly a minute left on the clock with Dallas only needing a field goal to win, and Drew Pearson made a thirty yard  catch to make it really interesting (the often forgotten horse collar tackle). The 49er defense then sacked Danny White, forcing a fumble, and the 49ers recovered, actually sealing the victory. 

It used to be a lot harder to get in scoring position with the opposing team kicking off with 51 seconds left on the clock than it is today. There was still 37 seconds on the clock after "the drive" tied the game in the AFCCG. "The drive" also lasted over 5 minutes. Nowadays everyone plays prevent and gives up 10-15 yard catches until they have to make a stop. The fear of DPI probably has as much to do with that as actual strategy. It's a passing league thanks to rule changes and you can realistically drive the field in a minute and it isn't a huge story. It used to be much different.