Bengals OL Jonah Williams likely done for the season

TheVillain112

Man. Our tackle depth is nonexistent.  Still no word on Boling either.  I've been annoyed about all the negativity around this team from national media.  It makes it hard to get excited about this season. This doesn't help.  Glad there is a capable alternative,  but RT is basically Hart's unless he gets injured. 

14 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Its hard to get excited for the season

Especially if you look at anything nationally published.  I think there is plenty of reason for optimism,  but national media is pushing the story that there's no talent and we'll be a terrible team.  I hate the sports news media.  I get your biggest markets are new York and la, and you have a couple of marquee franchises in between that have big followings, but there is parity in this league. Bunch of garbage writers. 

Brooksie from the Dawg Pound checking in - in peace.

I can sympathize with my brethren from down south on I-71. There have been far too many seasons here on the North Coast where it seems like we had to play half a season with half a roster. That blows, to be honest.

It really stinks to have scouted someone, identified him as someone who can really help, then poof! - he's gone for the season. The only bright side is you still have all of training camp to scour the waiver wire or try to work out a trade to adjust to this blow.

According to this report, it seems that the faulty labrum was an issue while still at Alabama. And that brings up the question, how much was truly known by the Bengals when they drafted Jonah? Did they draft him anyway with the full knowledge this may be a possibility? It has happened before in the league.

Anyways, good luck to finding an answer. I don't like to see this happen - even to a division rival.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/pro-football-doc/story/2019-06-26/pfd-jonah-williams-shoulder-injury-bengals-labrum-brace

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Here's my positive spin on these developments.  Cordy Glenn at LT and Westerman (potentially) at LG isn't much of a drop off, and possibly an improvement on a rookie LT and Cordy Glenn at LG.

So there's that.  #FreeWesterman...

With Jordan developing in the wings.......

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Here's my positive spin on these developments.  Cordy Glenn at LT and Westerman (potentially) at LG isn't much of a drop off, and possibly an improvement on a rookie LT and Cordy Glenn at LG.

So there's that.  #FreeWesterman...

Glenn wasn't great last year.  In fact his pass blocking grades weren't really better than Hart's.  His pressures just didn't turn into sacks.

The Boling thing kind of sucks, but doesn't hurt as bad as Williams.  There are about 18 guards on the roster, so they'll find someone there.  But now they're down to two tackles, basically.