Hill Interviewed by NFL for 8 Hours

dll2000

I have no issues with it. The accusations are pretty serious, he is a star on a team in the spotlight, so the NFL has to make sure they get this right.

Which means they will still find a way to screw this up, because its the NFL lol

• Like 12

I mean have you seen his rap sheet?

Stillwater police records indicate that on December 12, 2014, Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that Espinal said the two got into an argument and he threw her around like a ragdoll, punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her. Oklahoma State dismissed him from the football team after the charges.

Hill eventually pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation and was sentenced to three years of probation, an anger-management course, a year-long batterer's program, and was required to undergo a domestic-abuse evaluation, a sentence that Espinal was consulted about and comfortable with. Espinal eventually gave birth to a boy

Not long enough, IMO

Edited by Fl0nkerton
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27062644/chiefs-hill-meets-nfl-8-hours

8 hours?  It took 8 hours?  Like trying to get a murder confession or a spy interrogation.  Purpose is to wear you down with same questions again and again from different angles and you let your guard slip because of fatigue.

Wow.

What's the issue here? It's a serious matter that requires that type of thoroughness. I'm sure they broke for lunch at some point. I can't imagine Hill was locked in a room with a lamp forced in his face for 8 hours straight.

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

8 hours?  It took 8 hours?  Like trying to get a murder confession or a spy interrogation.  Purpose is to wear you down with same questions again and again from different angles and you let your guard slip because of fatigue.

Wow.

I’ve waited at the DMV that long and I’ve never assaulted nobody. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's not crazy. I see job interviews that are that long all the time tbh.

Ugh. by sadists.  

Not saying it serious BTW. Just picturing an 8 hr questioning.  

I would be bored and mind wandering after 15 minutes. 

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Wow.

Or they could be wanting to be thorough, have him explain his side of the story and then go through all questions at every angle to avoid having any follow up necessary afterwards.

• Like 2

I don't know why there are people acting like Hill is the victim.  If everything points to him abusing his kid, the worst thing that happens to him (Tyreek) is he has an 8 hour interview with his employer and people act like Tyreek is a victim and the NFL is some overlord, it's a strange world. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, dll2000 said:
1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's not crazy. I see job interviews that are that long all the time tbh.

Ugh. by sadists.  

Not saying it serious BTW. Just picturing an 8 hr questioning.  

I would be bored and mind wandering after 15 minutes. 

That's not at all the best way to interview someone, whether that's the NFL or the job.

They'll bring in different people and talk about tons of different stuff. How's he doing in general? What's the support system like? How's it changed? What have the Chiefs done to make sure everything's going as well as it can? How have his family and teammates and friends reacted? What does he think about his career and what's gone on? What was anger management like? He went to therapy - what was that like? There's a whole lot to talk about that isn't what he may have done.

They'll ask about it at some point. But there's alot of this that is going to be way more laid back. Not that the NFL won't be listening to his answers, but it's not an interrogation because there's no value in having someone repeat an answer.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

After those phone call recordings game out, I honestly have zero idea how the NFL lets him play in their league.

To me, it shows that the stuff he went through in college is still Tyreek Hill in 2019. The "front" he put on from the draft until these recent events show that it's just that, a front. I have no idea how someone who has truly changed for the better can still come out and say the things that he did. That behavior is 100% still there.

I just don't know how the NFL can say "Yeah, it seems like he's in a better place. Suspended for 8 games but we'll allow him back on a leash" when it's obvious the guy hasn't changed or matured since college. He's just going to put on the front again until he loses his mind and strikes his GF/wife and/or child.

I honestly hope to God this guy never touches an NFL field again. He's 100% pure trash and I have no idea how anyone can defend him at this point. We're well past "He was young. He made a stupid mistake."

Buuuuuuut....odds are the NFL suspends him, says something like "we're getting him some help" and let's him play after 8 games or so. Why? He's a great talent and will generate $$$. 

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 2

Smoke weed a number of times and you'll never play in the NFL again. Continually physically hurt your family and you'll get 4 games max.

Such a joke.

Keeping this on football though, the Chiefs are the team to beat in the AFCW if Hill comes back early. Him and Patty are the perfect duo. I wonder how this hurts his contract though.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder how this hurts his contract though.

It won't be as big.

He's shown t be a risk to the team so I doubt they're going to fully trust him

Either they're going to offer him something smaller or they're going to protect the heck out of themselves by distributing the money early.