Hill Interviewed by NFL for 8 Hours

dll2000

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I cant say I blame you for holding out hope, but Hill ain't playing football this year, and probably not next year either.

That's a bold prediction. Given that all recent evidence and reporting suggests otherwise, what makes you say this?

People should really read some new information on this case. There is basically no evidence, that Tyreek did anything. The only thing that can cause him a suspension in my mind is the threat on the audio, although you have to set that into context. The threat wasn't a physical threat to Espinal, but rather a threat to leave her, which in context to past actions would leave her without her beeing part of his payday and without him paying her more than he needs to care for his child (Espinal has an expensive lifestyle). That threat seems to be all about money Hill doesn't want to spend for Espinals lifestyle after the break up and remember that text messages Hills attorney has send to the NFL, which were verified to be true by experts clearly stated that he didn't do anything to his son and that Espinal was the one to admit, that she knows he didn't do anything, because she did it.

But whatever that audio, didn't looked good for the NFL and since the media has been pretty silent after it turns out to be that Hill didn't abused his son, after they originally been very vocal about it, a lot of people as shown in this thread aren't really aware of the latest informatins to the case. So a suspension due to that seems likely, but i'm pretty sure it's not going to be much. An 8 game suspension should be the most the NFL puts out, but i actually think it's going to be 4 or 6 which gets reduced after an appeal from Hill. So Hill is going to be around for the Chiefs the most time in this season.

It's also worth noting, that the child never was removed from the family due to abuse, but rather due to the fact that Hill had a no-contact clause, likely because he was accused of abusing his child (the step mother of Espinal played a big role in that), which needed to be investigated first and because Espinal was hospitalized and wasn't able to attend a court meeting. It seems to me to be a standard procedure to remove the child from the family in such a coincidence, which led to the timeline to start integrating the child into the family again, which includes Hill, as there are recent videos of him playing with his child on a playground.

So i don't think the NFL can reasonably suspend him for more than 8 weeks and it's very likely that he will be suspended for less.

Edit: I do have a question for the moderators. We should keep it football related. Does that count for the NFL News section or the entire forum and why? Because i always wondered that those things are essentially NFL News as it's getting talked about NFL players. As i don't know the laws, is there a legal issue for the forum otherwise or is it a policy you have for running the forum?

Edited by Edge
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Again, seek out updates over the past couple months and read the articles. It’s not holding out hope, he’s going to play.  

The Chiefs drafted Hardman I believe for the future, with or without Hill. Only Watkins, Robinson, and Pringle are under contract next year so we needed someone no matter what. Watkins is likely gone, so WR was a draft need no matter what. 

Hill is still suspended from all team activities, the NFL is very conscious of public perception of DV, and Hill is a repeat offender.  Hill is going to spend all of 2019 on the commissioners exempt list.  Hill will get paid his weekly game check but he wont be allowed on an NFL field while the NFL "investigates".  Then it comes down to whether the NFL will consider this a first or 2nd offense.  The NFL has already set precedent that it wont suspend anyone for conduct before entering the league, but it is a factor in future punishment.  And here is where the rub comes in, DV is collectively bargained, just like the drug policy there is no leeway.  The NFL will have to suspend him 6 games or the full season based on first or 2nd offense.  The audio is the issue here. Whether you like it or not, whether there is more evidence that helps Hill, none of that matters, all that matters is public perception.  Just ask Tom Brady, Zeke Elliot and Kareem Hunt.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The NFL has already set precedent that it wont suspend anyone for conduct before entering the league, but it is a factor in future punishment.  

Terrelle Pryor?

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

With Pryor they said he was manipulating NFL rules to make himself eligible for the supplemental draft.  

It did happen before he entered the league, though. Although I see the discrepancy.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:55 PM, dll2000 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27062644/chiefs-hill-meets-nfl-8-hours

8 hours?  It took 8 hours?  Like trying to get a murder confession or a spy interrogation.  Purpose is to wear you down with same questions again and again from different angles and you let your guard slip because of fatigue.

Wow.

It's not like he HAD to sit there and listen to it. If he didn't like it, he could get up and leave. People being interrogated by the police cannot.

On 6/29/2019 at 2:38 AM, Edge said:

People should really read some new information on this case. There is basically no evidence, that Tyreek did anything. The only thing that can cause him a suspension in my mind is the threat on the audio, although you have to set that into context. The threat wasn't a physical threat to Espinal, but rather a threat to leave her, which in context to past actions would leave her without her beeing part of his payday and without him paying her more than he needs to care for his child (Espinal has an expensive lifestyle). That threat seems to be all about money Hill doesn't want to spend for Espinals lifestyle after the break up and remember that text messages Hills attorney has send to the NFL, which were verified to be true by experts clearly stated that he didn't do anything to his son and that Espinal was the one to admit, that she knows he didn't do anything, because she did it.

But whatever that audio, didn't looked good for the NFL and since the media has been pretty silent after it turns out to be that Hill didn't abused his son, after they originally been very vocal about it, a lot of people as shown in this thread aren't really aware of the latest informatins to the case. So a suspension due to that seems likely, but i'm pretty sure it's not going to be much. An 8 game suspension should be the most the NFL puts out, but i actually think it's going to be 4 or 6 which gets reduced after an appeal from Hill. So Hill is going to be around for the Chiefs the most time in this season.

It's also worth noting, that the child never was removed from the family due to abuse, but rather due to the fact that Hill had a no-contact clause, likely because he was accused of abusing his child (the step mother of Espinal played a big role in that), which needed to be investigated first and because Espinal was hospitalized and wasn't able to attend a court meeting. It seems to me to be a standard procedure to remove the child from the family in such a coincidence, which led to the timeline to start integrating the child into the family again, which includes Hill, as there are recent videos of him playing with his child on a playground.

So i don't think the NFL can reasonably suspend him for more than 8 weeks and it's very likely that he will be suspended for less.

Edit: I do have a question for the moderators. We should keep it football related. Does that count for the NFL News section or the entire forum and why? Because i always wondered that those things are essentially NFL News as it's getting talked about NFL players. As i don't know the laws, is there a legal issue for the forum otherwise or is it a policy you have for running the forum?

Forum-wide. It's part of the global forum rules ( You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.  ).

Technically speaking you can discuss more than just football here in certain forums (This Aint Sports Talk for example), but you're expected to stay on-topic in most other forums. Moreover, non-football discussion in most forums, especially NFL News,  tend to be talk explicitly forbidden by the above rule.

If you have any questions as to why the rule exists and what's crossing the line and what isn't feel free to PM Webby. He's always open to answer questions regarding forum administration.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 7:31 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

Hill is still suspended from all team activities, the NFL is very conscious of public perception of DV, and Hill is a repeat offender.  Hill is going to spend all of 2019 on the commissioners exempt list.  Hill will get paid his weekly game check but he wont be allowed on an NFL field while the NFL "investigates".  Then it comes down to whether the NFL will consider this a first or 2nd offense.  The NFL has already set precedent that it wont suspend anyone for conduct before entering the league, but it is a factor in future punishment.  And here is where the rub comes in, DV is collectively bargained, just like the drug policy there is no leeway.  The NFL will have to suspend him 6 games or the full season based on first or 2nd offense.  The audio is the issue here. Whether you like it or not, whether there is more evidence that helps Hill, none of that matters, all that matters is public perception.  Just ask Tom Brady, Zeke Elliot and Kareem Hunt.  

What are you basing any of this off of, though? You reference Brady, Elliott, and Hunt as reason for him to be suspended despite a lack of evidence, and sure, I think we all expect some level of punishment, but that doesn't even come close to justifying your opinion that he'll get effectively a year and a half to two years worth of a suspension, and it is completely contrary to basically all information that has come out of any NFL source over the last month or two. All recent reports have suggested that he's expected in training camp, that a nominal suspension of like 2 - 6 games is likely, and that the NFL would like to wrap this up quickly. He has still not been put on the exempt list at any point, either. So everything that you're predicting runs completely contrary to what sources and officials have been reporting, particularly over the last week or so. You're predicting they're going to drag it out, that it will be a huge suspension, and that's not what anyone has reported.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:16 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

I cant say I blame you for holding out hope, but Hill ain't playing football this year, and probably not next year either.

He probably is, he might not get suspended past 4 games.

this isn't an Adrian Peterson situation at all.