NFCN Rivals - Lions Thread

beardown3231

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I mean, he is a genious.  Hes a legit rocket scientist.  Football IQ idk, but dude is really, really smart.

Really? I had no idea.  So used to people calling coaches and directors and actors geniuses that I reflexively roll my eyes.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

LOL. Im easy going. Cheese is not derogatory.  Detroit sucks may have been a bit over top.  I didnt do that one. 

I think they were both tongue-in-cheek names, and pretty much pure silliness. I will concede that if others feel that they gave a bad look, best not to go there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL. Im easy going. Cheese is not derogatory.  Detroit sucks may have been a bit over top.  I didnt do that one. 

Man, back when @GRRLacher and I were swingin’ the ban hammers around these parts there were virtual bodies all over this forum. It was like the end of a Schwarzenegger movie in here. You guys got it good with @CBears019 and @Madmike90 - they run a GREAT forum from the mod seats. I ruled over this B with an iron fist. ✊

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I think they were both tongue-in-cheek names, and pretty much pure silliness. I will concede that if others feel that they gave a bad look, best not to go there. 

Detroit Sucks might be a little overboard but  I believe anyone who wandered into a Bears forum and saw the word "Cheese" as a thread title would know that was about GB.   I don't think "Kitties" for the Lions and anything to do with "Purple" or "Sven and Olaf's Guys" would be very confusing either.....LOL.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Really? I had no idea.  So used to people calling coaches and directors and actors geniuses that I reflexively roll my eyes.  

Yeah he has a degree from RPI in aerospace and nuclear engineering. He is probably one of the only guys in the NFL that "genious" accurately applies to.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Man, back when @GRRLacher and I were swingin’ the ban hammers around these parts there were virtual bodies all over this forum. It was like the end of a Schwarzenegger movie in here. You guys got it good with @CBears019 and @Madmike90 - they run a GREAT forum from the mod seats. I ruled over this B with an iron fist. ✊

Thank God. There is like 5 of us posting.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Man, back when @GRRLacher and I were swingin’ the ban hammers around these parts there were virtual bodies all over this forum. It was like the end of a Schwarzenegger movie in here. You guys got it good with @CBears019 and @Madmike90 - they run a GREAT forum from the mod seats. I ruled over this B with an iron fist.

Really? I don't think I was on here then. Is that true, or are you exaggerating, for comedic effect?

Just wonderin', as you don't seem to be the type you're describing...

8 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Really? I don't think I was on here then. Is that true, or are you exaggerating, for comedic effect?

Just wonderin', as you don't seem to be the type you're describing...

Comedic, though we did have to give out more warnings and ban users back then where that hasn’t happened now since I can’t even remember when. More of the hostile posting has made its way from here to the Twitter comment fields which frankly is just fine with me. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Starting C and ILB with what look like serious ankle injuries.

The Lions season takes a body blow for a meaningless game.

Add Cam Newton and Carolina to the list of those who are suffering the torment of the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.  How many more will fall to injuries this week?

For us so far so good since even or backups seem to be avoiding any serious injuries.  Seems whoever Pace and Nagy brought in to clean up the mess Fox had with his training staff are getting the job done pretty well.

(Knock on wood)