Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

NFCN Rivals - Lions Thread

Recommended Posts

Let's get this started by saying the Lions thread will have less posts than the Vikings and Packers threads. Why? Because they suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

That's got it covered, close the thread

lol..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really impressed by snacks Harrison.  

So they got that going for them. Which is nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But let's not forget the Lions in Detroit have always been a thorn in our side.  Even in a bad year we somehow find a way to play down to their level and lose.

I don't believe they're good enough to win more than half their games at most but if nothing else they could prove to be a NFCN spoiler because GB often has problems with them too.

I won't say they suck because they've been a jinx on us too many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny convo summary from another forum:

Detroit fan: Copies pastes long article about why Bears won't be good in 2019.  The usual; Can't repeat turnovers, MT sucks, etc. etc. Says enjoy that Bears fans.

Bears fans: Rebutt points. 

DF: I didn't say it! Blogger said it. 

BF: But you posted it .

DF: Yeah , but I didnt say it,

BF: So you are playing Pontius Pilate? 

BF: Last time Detroit won Pilate was adjudicating trials. 

BF:  Father, why hast thou forsaken the Lions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize this thread is intended to be, for the most part, kind of silly.

I do wonder though--how bad will the Lions be? I had a little more faith in Patricia than most coaches that fall from the Belichick tree. Patricia seems like a smart, straight-up kind of dude, who is isn't trying to be a good coach simply by impersonating BB. But, wow...was that first year shaky. It didn't seem like the staff was changing anything to accommodate the players, and turning to those young receivers was an odd move--at best. They didn't have a bad draft by any means, but it wasn't the greatest, either. (Hockenson, as good as he is, might not have been the best first rounder for them, and the Tavai pick is kind of weird.) I'm not predicting it's going to happen, but could this team get even worse?

Could the Lions end up actually sucking? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Funny convo summary from another forum:

Detroit fan: Copies pastes long article about why Bears won't be good in 2019.  The usual; Can't repeat turnovers, MT sucks, etc. etc. Says enjoy that Bears fans.

Bears fans: Rebutt points. 

DF: I didn't say it! Blogger said it. 

BF: But you posted it .

DF: Yeah , but I didnt say it,

BF: So you are playing Pontius Pilate? 

BF: Last time Detroit won Pilate was adjudicating trials. 

BF:  Father, why hast thou forsaken the Lions.

 

It's pretty sad when you have so little confidence in your own team that you need to resort to posting negative opinions about opponents.

So far all of the negatives are based on what someone believes we can't do.  But why should that be true.

We returned 9 of 11 defensive starters and HHC-D at SS is far more likely to cause turnovers than Amos.  Smith is no longer a rookie learning to play his role and if anything under Pagano we should see a more aggressive defense that creates more turnovers.

Mitch progressed well from the beginning to the end of last season and all indication are he's really taken ownership of his offense now.

The OL returns 100% intact and healthy.  ARob will be 100% healed day one, Miller and Burton as well,  Ridley sounds like a true "find", and our RB roster is far better than last year.

Other than PK where are all the negatives?  Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking and whistling past the graveyard talk to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soulman said:

The OL returns 100% intact and healthy.  

Moving Daniels to center and Whitehair to guard should improve things, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, soulman said:

It's pretty sad when you have so little confidence in your own team that you need to resort to posting negative opinions about opponents.

So far all of the negatives are based on what someone believes we can't do.  But why should that be true.

We returned 9 of 11 defensive starters and HHC-D at SS is far more likely to cause turnovers than Amos.  Smith is no longer a rookie learning to play his role and if anything under Pagano we should see a more aggressive defense that creates more turnovers.

Mitch progressed well from the beginning to the end of last season and all indication are he's really taken ownership of his offense now.

The OL returns 100% intact and healthy.  ARob will be 100% healed day one, Miller and Burton as well,  Ridley sounds like a true "find", and our RB roster is far better than last year.

Other than PK where are all the negatives?  Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking and whistling past the graveyard talk to me.

If you lived in Detroit you would resort to poking fun at other things/places too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If you lived in Detroit you would resort to poking fun at other things/places too

LOLOL.....I guess I can count my blessings for never having lived there but I have a good buddy who was born and raised there and he's given me some insight into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-06-30 at 10:22 AM, Heinz D. said:

I do wonder though--how bad will the Lions be? I had a little more faith in Patricia than most coaches that fall from the Belichick tree. Patricia seems like a smart, straight-up kind of dude, who is isn't trying to be a good coach simply by impersonating BB. But, wow...was that first year shaky. It didn't seem like the staff was changing anything to accommodate the players, and turning to those young receivers was an odd move--at best. They didn't have a bad draft by any means, but it wasn't the greatest, either. (Hockenson, as good as he is, might not have been the best first rounder for them, and the Tavai pick is kind of weird.) I'm not predicting it's going to happen, but could this team get even worse?

I think they'll be half-decent. 

They have what should be a very strong DL (Flowers, Harrison, Robinson, Hand). If they patch things over with Slay, they have 2 good corners (the other one being Justin Coleman). The starting outside corner spot across from Slay is a question mark, and I'm not sold on their LBs or safeties, but Patricia can scheme up enough variety in coverage that their defense can be average, maybe a little better than that. 

On offense, they can play power football with Hockensen and Kerryon Johnson. Golladay and Jones are good outside targets and Amendola will help as a possession receiver from the slot. Their OL has never really gelled but they might get better this year with Ragnow moving to C. 

I think they'll play a lot of low variance football, much as the Vikings did in Zimmer's first 2 years -- trying to limit drives, minimize mistakes and grind out close games. Stafford has the clutch factor in 2 minute drills and Prater is a good kicker even from long range, so they have the tools to pull out some last minute close game wins. I don't think they'll be great, but if they get some good luck, they could win 8 or 9 games. More likely, they end up roughly 7-9. 

Edited by Krauser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snacks and Slay are holding out and Detroit doesn’t want to redo contracts with two years on each.  

Great news for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... but Bears are having worst offseason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slay would be okay if he sat out camp.  Huge guy like Snacks it will really effect him and increase chance of injury.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×