NFCN Rivals - Vikings thread

beardown3231

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

That may be starting immediately from what he says. Lmao. 

Saying he is going to retire immediately if he can't use his old, disallowed helmet. That would almost be this year's equivalent of the Mack trade for me. 

Honestly he is probably just trying to distract people from his idiocy over his feet. Much like how Michael Irvin used the gaudy fur coat spectacle to get the attention over his coke charge. 

It's apparently been going on longer than his feet issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That may be starting immediately from what he says. Lmao. 

Saying he is going to retire immediately if he can't use his old, disallowed helmet. That would almost be this year's equivalent of the Mack trade for me. 

Honestly he is probably just trying to distract people from his idiocy over his feet. Much like how Michael Irvin used the gaudy fur coat spectacle to get the attention over his coke charge. 

Since his head is already a little screwed up I say let him wear it.  Can't possibly do more damage.  But.....make him sign an enforceable waiver of liability against Oakland and the NFL.  This is his decision and against their advice.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well I suppose this board doesn't care much for the Vikings (or that other NFCN team...Detroit somethinorrather..) and only focuses on the Packers.

Which is weird, because they still don't look like a very talented team, and they made a very questionable hire at Head Coach.

I don't think so. I believe most of us, definitely including me, think the Bears and Vikings are the two most talented teams in the NFC North.

But unlike with the Vikings, there are just more questions about GB. With MIN you know you have a talented roster with some serious playmakers on both sides of the ball, a solid coach, a QB that can have some really good play with intermittent bad streaks and an OL that really underperformed IMO. I'm not as down on Cousins as most probably are too though. To me if the Vikes go 8-8 it was a really poor season. 

GB goes 8-8 and I'm not shocked at all, but it seems like they have the biggest swing potential. Maybe they implode early and LaFluer can't lead a team do they go 5-11 (a French Trestman) or maybe they sneak into the playoffs because Rodgers doesn't have to deal with his ego conflicting with Fat Mac's (and Fat Mac's blatant incompetence at times). 

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well I suppose this board doesn't care much for the Vikings (or that other NFCN team...Detroit somethinorrather..) and only focuses on the Packers.

Which is weird, because they still don't look like a very talented team, and they made a very questionable hire at Head Coach.

Packers are game 1.  Long offseason.  Vikings are scarier team to me.  

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Only because GB is our opener AND because some of the Tundrans seem to enjoy coming over to strut their stuff which is kind of odd for a bunch whose team went 6-9-1 last year with a brand new coaching staff but they are evermore arrogant optimists.

Viking fans typically come to talk football and talk it intelligently.  Packer fans typically come here to talk Packers, Packers, Packers, only.

To be honest Minny causes me far more concern than GB because they also have an *** kicking defense.  Gary Kubiak is a solid coach and if he can find a way to swing the offense more in the direction of Cousins strong points it should be a dog fight for the NFCN.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Minnesota is a dangerous team and could easily win the North. Your defense is still extremely legit and Cousins could rebound with a new OC. I think we all just hate the Packers more :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Minnesota is a dangerous team and could easily win the North. Your defense is still extremely legit and Cousins could rebound with a new OC. I think we all just hate the Packers more :)

I would contend that very few outside of Wisconsin, Wisconsin transplants or Cris Collinsworth likes the Packers. 

34 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I would contend that very few outside of Wisconsin, Wisconsin transplants or Cris Collinsworth likes the Packers. 

One of my coworkers is a Packers fan and he asked "who do you think is the most obnoxious fan base." Before I could answer he says "I gotta admit it's probably the Packers." I said second, the first is the Eagles. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nads786 said:

One of my coworkers is a Packers fan and he asked "who do you think is the most obnoxious fan base." Before I could answer he says "I gotta admit it's probably the Packers." I said second, the first is the Eagles. 

I think in the case of many Packer Fans, and not all by any means, it's because they've won so often for so very long.  They've had nearly 30 years to enjoy dominating the NFCN most years under two separate HOF QBs.  Some of them are so young they weren't even alive back in the '80s when we were kick'n Packers ***** and takin' names regularly. And they'll disavow the 50's when they were among the NFLs worst  ever happened because St. Vince arrived in the '60s, made them champs again, and washed away all of those sins.

I find the only truly obnoxious ones tend to be younger and 1) believe the both God and the NFL have ordained that they should win, and 2) that downturns in their fortunes only last one or two years at most before God smiles on them again.  In that case they should pray that God will deliver unto them their 3rd HOF QB in a row or they may be disappointed because Rodgers has constituted 50% or more of their talent for quite awhile now.  Without him they're a .500 team at their very best and sometimes even with him.  He's in a decline.

Just don't tell them that. (or did I just do that?) :P