Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

Worst Team Colors in Football- Official Vikings thread

Recommended Posts

I only read the first part of the title and thought this was another Packers thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of interesting that no other NFL team has ever used purple as part of their team colors.  Purple and Gold is a very '60s kinda thing.

Anyway, so far it would seem that Kirk Cousins is becoming a more expensive version of Jay Cutler and without hesitation I would say a version whose not even that good.  Arguably the Vikings have provide Cousins with much better offensive weapons that Jay ever had.

Under Zimmer they seem a bit like Lovie's Bears.  Very good defensively but unable to do enough consistently enough offensively to make it to the top and stay there.  That's not to say this may not change but Cousins also has a bad habit of having turnovers at the worst of times and he too has struggled to win big games.

I still think at least in 2019 they may be a bigger challenge than GB but then we seem to handle them better than we do Rodgers so who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soulman said:

Kind of interesting that no other NFL team has ever used purple as part of their team colors.  Purple and Gold is a very '60s kinda thing.

Anyway, so far it would seem that Kirk Cousins is becoming a more expensive version of Jay Cutler and without hesitation I would say a version whose not even that good.  Arguably the Vikings have provide Cousins with much better offensive weapons that Jay ever had.

Under Zimmer they seem a bit like Lovie's Bears.  Very good defensively but unable to do enough consistently enough offensively to make it to the top and stay there.  That's not to say this may not change but Cousins also has a bad habit of having turnovers at the worst of times and he too has struggled to win big games.

I still think at least in 2019 they may be a bigger challenge than GB but then we seem to handle them better than we do Rodgers so who knows.

Never heard of the Baltimore Ravens, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Never heard of the Baltimore Ravens, then?

Who???   LOLOL

Oops, I tend to ignore east coast teams the same way ESPN ignores the Bears.  Chicago is as far east of the Mississippi as I typically let my mind wander and besides I'm old and feeble minded so cut me a break huh?  Damn young whippersnappers. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soulman said:

Who???   LOLOL

Oops, I tend to ignore east coast teams the same way ESPN ignores the Bears.  Chicago is as far east of the Mississippi as I typically let my mind wander and besides I'm old and feeble minded so cut me a break huh?  Damn young whippersnappers. xD

I too am old, but I dont live in Colorado, so my memory is still mostly in tact ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOLOL

Well that and 10 years of hard drinking to forget damaged some of my core memory which is now accessible only via clever hacking. :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get this thread. The Vikings uniforms are awesome. In fact, they're the ONLY thing I don't hate about the Vikings...xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't get this thread. The Vikings uniforms are awesome. In fact, they're the ONLY thing I don't hate about the Vikings...xD

The road uniforms are great because they limit the amount of yellow usage. The purple, white, purple from head to knee is fantastic.

Consequently have you/has anyone noticed that the purple on the helmets doesn't come close to matching the purple on the home jersey? One almost looks blue in comparison to the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

The road uniforms are great because they limit the amount of yellow usage. The purple, white, purple from head to knee is fantastic.

Consequently have you/has anyone noticed that the purple on the helmets doesn't come close to matching the purple on the home jersey? One almost looks blue in comparison to the other.

Yeah, when they switched to the higher tech helmets, the color hasn't been quite right since. No idea why--other teams seem to get it right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't get this thread. The Vikings uniforms are awesome. In fact, they're the ONLY thing I don't hate about the Vikings...xD

Haha yeah the ones they've been wearing since they re-designed them a few years ago are so nice.

If we're talking worst unis... No team can match the Bucs current unis, MY GOD they are ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't get this thread. The Vikings uniforms are awesome. In fact, they're the ONLY thing I don't hate about the Vikings...xD

Honestly outside of Green Bay, who’s color scheme matches that of a Waste Management trash can (HA!) I don’t dislike any of the current NFL uniforms. I’m fact I think there are a lot of really GOOD ones right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×