Will the Patriots have enough receiving talent this season?

rfournier103

Just now, DoleINGout said:

The games where everyone is theoretically healthy and available there is a chance they could be the highest scoring team. For the season as a whole however I don't think they're realistically the top scoring team because of some guys on suspensions, first year players, offensive 

they could start off a bit slower again but probably not as slow as last year. 

2 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

I have no idea how he was the SECOND WR taken, never mind how he fell to 32. 

I always wondered why he took him at 32. He must have seen something special in him and thought he struck gold with this pick. And although it was the last pick of the 1st round, he still took Harry and did not trade down like I thought he would and did not take some other quality players at position of need. The one thing I noticed is that they were sky high on Joejuan Williams and discussed taking him at 32 leading up to the draft. They however did not with him on the board and took Harry instead. Tells me they see a difference maker in him. Obviously turned out that we still got JJ Williams in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

The knock on Harry is his separation skills. He struggled with it in college but overcame it for the most part due to pure skill and athleticism. Everything else is there, but he wont be able to compensate for a lack of separation skills in the big leagues. He needs to improve on this to warrant his draft status, but like I said, its the only thing missing IMO.

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

The knock on Harry is his separation skills. He struggled with it in college but overcame it for the most part due to pure skill and athleticism. Everything else is there, but he wont be able to compensate for a lack of separation skills in the big leagues. He needs to improve on this to warrant his draft status, but like I said, its the only thing missing IMO.

For his all faults as a coach, McDaniels is good judge of WRs. I trust him on this one, and even if the skill doesn't develop, I'm sure they can at least come up with a few ways to scheme him open. It's not like he's going to be the number 1 guy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

For his all faults as a coach, McDaniels is good judge of WRs. I trust him on this one, and even if the skill doesn't develop, I'm sure they can at least come up with a few ways to scheme him open. It's not like he's going to be the number 1 guy.

Not this year (most likely not) but I'm sure they plan on him being the feature guy come 2020 and beyond.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Not this year (most likely not) but I'm sure they plan on him being the feature guy come 2020 and beyond.

think he will flirt with being the feature on offense quite often as a rookie, even from the jump against the Steelers Sunday Night Football

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think it's a nonissue in the end but Harry is a high floor prospect. Probably has just over 1000 yards receiving his rookie year and barely improves or even has less his sophomore year. I expect a couple of Pro Bowl seasons out of Harry during his career.

41 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I would expect so. Group is thin assuming Gordon and Thomas dont start the year (I actually dont see DT making the roster, just a gut feeling)

Funny... I wouldn’t be shocked if Thomas didn’t make the team, either. My gut does tell me that Gordon will play at some point this season, though.