Predicting the 53 man roster

turtle28

Redskins 53-man roster projection 3.0 (via @ian_cummings_9)

https://riggosrag.com/2019/06/29/redskins-2019-express-53-man-roster-projection/

OFFENSE

QB: Colt McCoy, Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins

Yes, I'm predicting that if McCoy is healthy he starts the season, especially if Dwayne is up and down in camp and the Preseason. With his knowledge of the offense he's a coach on the field, he's also always been Gruden’s favorite QB since he came to DC. It has always seemed to me Gruden always wished that he could instill Colt’s will to win and leadership with the talent of Cousins and then he’d have his perfect QB. Maybe he gets that with Hankins...

I like Case but I don't see much difference talent wise between he and Colt and colt gets the advantage bc he's Gruden's guy and Colt knows the offense by far the best as it’s 6th year in it.

RB: Adrian Peterson, Derrius Guice, Chris Thompson, Byron Marshall

We trade Samaje Perine for a conditional late round pick.

LWR: Paul Richardson, Terry McLaurin

RWR: Josh Doctson, Cam Sims, Kelvin Harmon

Slot: Trey Quinn

TE: Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle

LT: Trent WilliamsGerron Christian

LG: Wes MartinErek Flowers 

C: Chase Roullier, Tong Bergstrom

RG: Brandon Scherff, Ross P

RT: Morgan Moses

(25)

DEFENSE

ROLB: Montez Sweat, Ryan Anderson

RDE: Jon Allen, Caleb Brantley

NT: Da’Ron Payne, Tim Settle

LDE: Matt Ioannidis, Jojo Wicker

LOLB: Ryan Kerrigan, Marquis Flowers

RILB: Mason Foster, Jon Bostic

LILB: SDH, JHC, Holcomb 

RCB: Quinton Dunbar, Adonis Alexander 

LCB: Josh Norman, Greg Stroman

SLOT: Fabian Moreau, Jimmy Moreland

SS: Landon Collins, Deshazor Everett 

FS: Montae Nicholson, Troy Apke

(25)

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Hopkins

P: Tress Way

LS: Nate Sundberg. (3)

Practice Squad 

RB: Craig Reynolds  

WR: Robert Davis, Darvin Kidsay

TE: Matt Flanagan, Donald Pharam

OL: Casey Dunn, Parris Timmons

OLB: Casanova McKinzzy, Jordan Brailford

CB: Danny Johnson

Edited by turtle28

Take McCoy out & add Jimmy Moreland & this would be perfect.

In no way, do I want to see a holdover for several seasons in McCoy starting over Keenum or Haskins.

I know he knows the playbook. I understand why he would get the start because of that.

But we would suck anyways....

If we're gonna suck?

At least give me a QB with Playoff Pressure experience or a QB whos our franchise draft pick.

What has McCoy ever done, to make anyone with a brain believe that we could win 8 games with Colt McCoy starting at QB.

At least we don't know that, with Keenum or Haskins, yet.

Hell, Id almost rather us start Josh Johnson over McCoy. Starting McCoy is ridiculous, imo.

Unless Gruden wants to get fired. If that's the case (no pun intended), that would be the perfect path. Gruden is an idiot, if he starts McCoy.

And why would we not have sticky fingers Jimmy in the lineup at CB? 

I'd be finding any & every reason possible to have this guy on the field.

Not having him on the 53, would certainly be a Redskins move.

Kind of like when we put that good RB on our practice squad & watched him get snatched away from us.

If we put Jimmy Moreland on the Practice squad, instead of the 53?

He'll be playing for someone us...rest assured.

Let's hope we're not that stupid. I believe he's a special player.

Crap, I forgot about Jimmy Moreland. Hmmm... I do think Mccoy makes the team, I think we keep 3 QBs this year bc we needed it last year and didn’t have 3. Two years ago we should’ve kept Nate Sudfeld  rather than an extra WR 

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Oh, 1 more guy.

RB Bryce Love better be on injured reserve, if he's not on the 53.

He would probably last 5 minutes on the Practice Squad.

And that's if Love's agent, couldn't find his phone.

Bryce Love goes on the PUP and possibly IR. That will be revisited in November when he can come off pup.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Oh, 1 more guy.

RB Bryce Love better be on injured reserve, if he's not on the 53.

He would probably last 5 minutes on the Practice Squad.

And that's if Love's agent, couldn't find his phone.

Bryce Love goes on the PUP and possibly IR. That will be revisited in November when he can come off pup.

As far as Mccoy goes, as I stated, his experience in the offense could make him our starter over Case if Haskins isn’t ready. I see him and Case as equal talents and with similar styles who are sneaky athletic. I could see either starting and getting over 3,500 yds/near 4,000 yds and from 20-25 TDs if they started all 16 games. Their issue is turnovers. They both would have to limit turnovers. We can’t have either of them with 15 plus ints and expect to approach .500.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Looks like you have Brailford on active and PS fyi.

Looks pretty good. 

Thanks, I’ll edit it. I had put them both in the practice squad after I remembered about Marquis Flowers but then I forgot to put Flowers on our 53 man.

Edited by turtle28

I'll be very surprised if JoJo Wicker makes the active roster. I do expect them to carry 6 DL, but I'd wager they'll grab a veteran backup between now and mid-training camp. Allen Bailey is still out there, although he would certainly be overqualified for a full-time backup role. Maybe Ethan Westbrooks? McGee and Ziggy are both still out there as well...

I don't know much about JoJo Wicker, but the fact that I've never heard of him makes me a little skeptical of his staying power. Plus, I just don't know if that's a winning name for a 300 pound defensive end. Wicker reminds me of my grandma's outdoor patio furniture, and the name JoJo just reminds me of this rather NSFW but classic Ari Gold rant.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, e16bball said:

I'll be very surprised if JoJo Wicker makes the active roster. I do expect them to carry 6 DL, but I'd wager they'll grab a veteran backup between now and mid-training camp. Allen Bailey is still out there, although he would certainly be overqualified for a full-time backup role. Maybe Ethan Westbrooks? McGee and Ziggy are both still out there as well...

I don't know much about JoJo Wicker, but the fact that I've never heard of him makes me a little skeptical of his staying power. Plus, I just don't know if that's a winning name for a 300 pound defensive end. Wicker reminds me of my grandma's outdoor patio furniture, and the name JoJo just reminds me of this rather NSFW but classic Ari Gold rant.

I hear you, and I hope sign sign Allen Bailey too to be our 4th DL in our rotation, that makes great sense. I don't understand why he unsigned but, at this moment I have to go with those on the roster and Wicker is our 6th best DL unless the DL formerly of Oregon but played his final season at Austin Peay, Austin Maloata shows out.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Moreau is not a slot corner.  He should be backing up norman and dunbar.

He wasn't awful in the slot last year and could be better with another year of development in the position. He has competition this year with DRC and Moreland but I can definitely see Moreau locking the slot position down again in his second year playing that position.

Not saying that he’s going to be Kendall Fuller but Fuller was so awful his first year playing the slot that he was benched - Moreau never was bc he was at least average at it - and we all know Fuller was the best slot corner in the NFL his 2nd year playing the position.

So, we’ll see what happens.

Edited by turtle28

• 1 month later...

We OFFENSE

QB: Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins

I'm was predicting that if McCoy is healthy he starts the season but he's not healthy at the moment so Case gets the rock. I don't like this decision, as everyone knows I want the Haskins era to start but I think Jay has made up his mind to start Case at least the first month of the season. 

Most of us have predicted that the Redskins will start at least 0-3 w/ possibly beating the Giants in week 4 and we may start the season 0-5 if we lose to the Giants bc after the Giants is the Patriots. If that's happens and its highly possible, then I think Jay will have no choice of go with Haskins and start that era. I can't see him going to McCoy if McCoy is healthy even then. 

RB: Adrian Peterson, Derrius Guice, Chris Thompson, Byron Marshall

We trade Samaje Perine for a conditional late round pick.

LWR: Paul Richardson, Terry McLaurin

RWR: Josh Doctson, Cam Sims, Robert Davis

Slot: Trey Quinn, Kelvin Harmon

TE: Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle, JP Holtz

LT: Donald Penn, Gerron Christian

LG: Ereck Flowers, Wes Martin (at least to start the season)

C: Chase Roullier, Tong Bergstrom

RG: Brandon Scherff, Ross P

RT: Morgan Moses

(26)

DEFENSE

ROLB: Montez Sweat, Ryan Anderson

RDE: Jon Allen, Caleb Brantley

NT: Da’Ron Payne, Tim Settle

LDE: Matt Ioannidis, Jojo Wicker

LOLB: Ryan Kerrigan, Casanova McKinzy

RILB: Jon Bostic, Holcomb

LILB: SDH, JHC