Is Saquon Barkley the best Running Back in the NFL?

Gmen

Saquon is the   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Saquon is the

• Best running back in the NFL
    • Best player in the NFL

I agree too, but I understand why some might want to wait another year.  The most spectacular offensive rookie I have personally seen.  I'd probably have put Gurley above him for now but with his injury that is unlikely.  Zeke has an argument too and he's a more consistent runner at this stage than Barkley, but I would probably still prefer Barkley.  And who knows with Bell after a year off.

And that highlights video was insane.  I remember watching it when they uploaded it, better than some guys career highlights.  All-time talent.

9 hours ago, Gmen said:

I got you bro B|

Good stuff, to answer your question. Yes he is currently the best RB, although I still think Giants should of taken Darnold. But even though Jones was #4 in my QB ranking, doesn't mean I don't think he isn't going to succeed. I don't see high ceiling but he had  the highest floor out of all the QBs which is good to know that at the worst, he'll be an average QB which you can SB with (Joe Flacco, 2015 Peyton Manning). Now Giants get true #1 WR to get their new triplets.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The amount of workload he's about to have over the next 3 years, his body is going to age like a ripe banana. These next few years might be his best years.

I think his highlight reel will never be as good as his rookie season. He will likely learn to take what is there, if anything, more often which will help his offense but hurt his highlight reel plays. Sometimes a sure 3 yard run is better than a possible big play but possible no gainer. They were working on that with him last year and I imagine he grows in that area. He will still have big plays and it should even out with his yards per carry and help the team. That is of course assuming there are other options on offense, if his QB is bad he may as well try to hit the big play because you can't sustain drives anyway with a bad QB.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, Raves said:

Nope that title belongs to Alvin Kamara B|

I love Kamara as much as anyone but that's not true.  Saquon Barkley is the best RB in the NFL and has a chance to be the BEST EVER.  Alvin is a strong #2 though. 

Here's how I would rank the top 5 RBs heading into 2019:

1. Saquon Barkley (Giants)

2. Alvin Kamara (Saints)

3. Joe Mixon (Bengals)

4. Ezekiel Elliott (Cowboys)

5. James Conner (Steelers)

***I didn't include Todd Gurley because of concerns with his arthiritic knee

On 6/30/2019 at 1:00 PM, eagles18 said:

he has the talent to be the best ever. I see alot of LT in him. 

On 6/30/2019 at 1:20 PM, ET80 said:

He's LT, reborn. 

(Insert "he's overrated because he might get injured" joke here).

He's more explosive that LT ever was.

Honestly the closest player I can think of that compares to Saquon Barkley physically is Fred Taylor (former Jaguars RB).  Injuries have clouded most folks memory of Fred Taylor but when healthy he was as dynamic as any RB in NFL history (especially at his size).

Saquon Barkley is as good as any RB we've ever seen when it comes to pure talent.  God-willing he stays healthy cause if he does he's a surefire first ballot Hall of Famer.