Is Saquon Barkley the best Running Back in the NFL?

Gmen

Saquon is the   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Saquon is the

• Best running back in the NFL
    • Best player in the NFL

1 hour ago, VanS said:

I love Kamara as much as anyone but that's not true.  Saquon Barkley is the best RB in the NFL and has a chance to be the BEST EVER.  Alvin is a strong #2 though. 

Here's how I would rank the top 5 RBs heading into 2019:

1. Saquon Barkley (Giants)

2. Alvin Kamara (Saints)

3. Joe Mixon (Bengals)

4. Ezekiel Elliott (Cowboys)

5. James Conner (Steelers)

***I didn't include Todd Gurley because of concerns with his arthiritic knee

r/whoosh

8 hours ago, VanS said:

I love Kamara as much as anyone but that's not true.  Saquon Barkley is the best RB in the NFL and has a chance to be the BEST EVER.  Alvin is a strong #2 though. 

2. Alvin Kamara (Saints)

3. Joe Mixon (Bengals)

I think you vastly underrate McCaffrey with this list.  McCaffrey would be my bet to finish #1 in fantasy for RBs and should be #3 at the worst on this list.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I think you vastly underrate McCaffrey with this list.  McCaffrey would be my bet to finish #1 in fantasy for RBs and should be #3 at the worst on this list.  

He would be in the 6-10 range for me.  I like McCaffrey a lot.   I just prefer guys who can run between the tackles more effectively than him.

My sleeper to break out this year is Rashaad Penny.  Loved him before last year's draft and even with him being injured and out of shape last year he was impressive.  He could take a huge leap this year.

8 hours ago, VanS said:

He would be in the 6-10 range for me.  I like McCaffrey a lot.   I just prefer guys who can run between the tackles more effectively than him.

My sleeper to break out this year is Rashaad Penny.  Loved him before last year's draft and even with him being injured and out of shape last year he was impressive.  He could take a huge leap this year.

I think the 'run between the tackles' thing is misstated.  No, he isn't a bruiser, but I do think he is a very effective inside runner.

On 7/4/2019 at 3:42 PM, VanS said:

2. Alvin Kamara (Saints)

3. Joe Mixon (Bengals)

Conner and Mixon are not better than christian mccaffrey and Mixon and Kamara are not better than Zeke. Maybe currently off the field they are better than Zeke but on the field they are not

9 hours ago, VanS said:

pretty sure in college, the year he almost won the heisman, he was the best RB in the nation when it came to running b/w the tackles and running up against a stacked  box.

Carolina ran the ball 68% of the time behind the G-C-G

'The numbers, according to ESPN Stats & Information research, show McCaffrey was quite effective between the tackles last season. His 5.04 yards per rush ranked sixth among qualified running backs, and it was the best among the 15 running backs with 150-plus interior rushes. His numbers between the tackles actually were better than on the outside, where he averaged 4.9 yards per carry and had only one touchdown, as compared to six inside."

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Conner and Mixon are not better than christian mccaffrey and Mixon and Kamara are not better than Zeke. Maybe currently off the field they are better than Zeke but on the field they are not

I rate players more on their talent level and my projected production for them moving forward than past performance.  McCaffrey has been more productive thus far but I believe those guys have higher ceilings they can reach.

My only question with Zeke is how much does his o-line help him compared to someone like Joe Mixon?  Looking at them purely as athletes and runners, Joe Mixon impresses me more despite the lesser production.  I believe he would put up similar or better production than Zeke if you gave him a similar offensive line.

3 minutes ago, VanS said:

I rate players more on their talent level and my projected production for them moving forward than past performance.  McCaffrey has been more productive thus far but I believe those guys have higher ceilings they can reach.

My only question with Zeke is how much does his o-line help him compared to someone like Joe Mixon?  Looking at them purely as athletes and runners, Joe Mixon impresses me more despite the lesser production.  I believe he would put up similar or better production than Zeke if you gave him a similar offensive line.

So you rate players based on projected production in hypothetical circumstances. You certainly won't ever be proven wrong, I'll give you that.

5 minutes ago, VanS said:

than how the hell do you have Conner ranked so high? He isnt one of the most athletically gifted RBs and he plays behind a darn good offensive line? McCaff is better athlete than Conner and plays behind a worse offensive, so how isnt he ranked above him? Also no way Conner has a better ceiling when he isnt nearly as good of a back out of the backfield...

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

than how the hell do you have Conner ranked so high? He isnt one of the most athletically gifted RBs and he plays behind a darn good offensive line? McCaff is better athlete than Conner and plays behind a worse offensive, so how isnt he ranked above him? Also no way Conner has a better ceiling when he isnt nearly as good of a back out of the backfield...

I believe is a natural runner.  He might not be a great athlete but he knows how to play.  And yes he plays behind a great o-line but if you look at his per touch production last year it was better than Le'Veon Bell the year ealier.  Also before the injury he was on pace to have a better statistical year in almost every category than Le'Veon Bell ever did.  So there's that.

23 minutes ago, VanS said:

I believe is a natural runner.  He might not be a great athlete but he knows how to play.  And yes he plays behind a great o-line but if you look at his per touch production last year it was better than Le'Veon Bell the year ealier.  Also before the injury he was on pace to have a better statistical year in almost every category than Le'Veon Bell ever did.  So there's that.

Teams were not keying on Conner like they did with Bell tho. Last year with no bell, teams were loading up for JuJu and Bell unlike with years prior with Bell. 

My top 10 RB's if I was building a team for just the 2019 season (Under the assumption they weren't suspended ala Hunt)

1 Saquon 

2 Zeke
3 Bell 
4 David Johnson 
5 Hunt (Would be #3 if this was purely based on rushing and didn't factor in receiving. I absolutely love the way Hunt runs)
6 Kamara

7 Mixon
8 Gordon/Caff
10 Dalvin

I don't trust Gurley going forward, at all.

Edited by Jeezla

On 7/6/2019 at 2:11 PM, Jeezla said:

My top 10 RB's if I was building a team for just the 2019 season (Under the assumption they weren't suspended ala Hunt)

1 Saquon 

2 Zeke
3 Bell 
4 David Johnson 
5 Hunt (Would be #3 if this was purely based on rushing and didn't factor in receiving. I absolutely love the way Hunt runs)
6 Kamara

7 Mixon
8 Gordon/Caff
10 Dalvin

I don't trust Gurley going forward, at all.

But you probably think Wentz is a top 3 QB.