Kevin Durant to Brooklyn

CWood21

On 6/30/2019 at 6:01 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

As long as Kyrie's knees hold up, these guys should win a ring in the next three years

Doubtful. Your basically saying if KD gets back to where he was with normal aging the should win in 2022/23. Because he won't be playing in the 2020 season and he won't be nearly back to his self in 2021. And that team isn't good enough without him at his best to say they should win, so having a 3 year time frame is extremely aggressive.

22 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Doubtful. Your basically saying if KD gets back to where he was with normal aging the should win in 2022/23. Because he won't be playing in the 2020 season and he won't be nearly back to his self in 2021. And that team isn't good enough without him at his best to say they should win, so having a 3 year time frame is extremely aggressive.

I'm saying within three years they should win it all, yes. Nets have a very solid built in supporting cast already. If Kyrie is able to stay healthy, then they will be able to compete with anyone.

And who is to say he won't be back to his normal self or close to his normal self in 2021?

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm saying within three years they should win it all, yes. Nets have a very solid built in supporting cast already. If Kyrie is able to stay healthy, then they will be able to compete with anyone.

And who is to say he won't be back to his normal self or close to his normal self in 2021?

The history of achilles recovery timeline. And no they can't compete with anyone without KD at his best. Kyrie alone is not enough.

4 minutes ago, mse326 said:

The history of achilles recovery timeline. And no they can't compete with anyone without KD at his best. Kyrie alone is not enough.

You keep saying KD won't be at his best. He's not returning next season. He will be returning mid-October of 2020. So tell me, why are you so certain he won't be at his best or close to his best? Why would Kyrie be alone? They have LeVert, Harris, Allen, etc as their supporting cast. That team is LOADED. Have a mega superstar in KD, have a star in Kyrie, and have a very nice supporting cast around those two. 

LIS, if Kyrie's knees hold up, I'm banking on them winning a ring within the next three seasons. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You keep saying KD won't be at his best. He's not returning next season. He will be returning mid-October of 2020. So tell me, why are you so certain he won't be at his best or close to his best? Why would Kyrie be alone? They have LeVert, Harris, Allen, etc as their supporting cast. That team is LOADED. Have a mega superstar in KD, have a star in Kyrie, and have a very nice supporting cast around those two. 

LIS, if Kyrie's knees hold up, I'm banking on them winning a ring within the next three seasons. 

Look up recovery for achilles injuries. 1 year out. 1 year back in diminished capacity. Then back at full capacity IF you are luck (many never make it back)

And Kyrie proved to me he is not a number 1 on a championship team.

21 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Look up recovery for achilles injuries. 1 year out. 1 year back in diminished capacity. Then back at full capacity IF you are luck (many never make it back)

And Kyrie proved to me he is not a number 1 on a championship team.

Once again, why would Kyrie be #1?

Dominque Wilkins was able to come back just fine from his Achilles. Durant isn't coming back next year, he will be back the following season. I'm not sure why you keep acting like he is going to be a shell of himself or something. 

I mean no one will know for sure, but you keep acting like it is a forgone conclusion he won't be close to healthy in 2020-2021. I'll take my chances with him getting healthy enough to be an elite force. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Once again, why would Kyrie be #1?

Dominque Wilkins was able to come back just fine from his Achilles. Durant isn't coming back next year, he will be back the following season. I'm not sure why you keep acting like he is going to be a shell of himself or something. 

I mean no one will know for sure, but you keep acting like it is a forgone conclusion he won't be close to healthy in 2020-2021. I'll take my chances with him getting healthy enough to be an elite force. 

1. Why Kyrie? Who else? KD is very unlikely to be that for the next 2 seasons.

2. Why am acting like he won't be his best? I've said several times. The history of recovery time. You picked an anomaly. A guy who came back in less than a year to even play. He is not the proper comparison. I don't know why you keep bringing up that he won't be back next season but the following like I don't understand that? I fully acknowledged that. Please read my posts.

3. I'm not acting like it's a forgone conclusion. I'm acting like it is BY FAR the most likely scenario because it is. That is what the history teaches us.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/27/achilles-injury-return-stat-that-should-give-kevin-durant-suitors-pause/

30 minutes ago, mse326 said:

1. Why Kyrie? Who else? KD is very unlikely to be that for the next 2 seasons.

2. Why am acting like he won't be his best? I've said several times. The history of recovery time. You picked an anomaly. A guy who came back in less than a year to even play. He is not the proper comparison. I don't know why you keep bringing up that he won't be back next season but the following like I don't understand that? I fully acknowledged that. Please read my posts.

3. I'm not acting like it's a forgone conclusion. I'm acting like it is BY FAR the most likely scenario because it is. That is what the history teaches us.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/27/achilles-injury-return-stat-that-should-give-kevin-durant-suitors-pause/

Next season is a wash since KD isn't going to be there.

So what kind of player do you expect KD to be in 2020-2021? You said I picked an anomaly example, but Rudy Gay in recent times returned just fine as well. But is 80% KD still not better than Kyrie? Either way, having someone of Kyrie's level or a bit better is good enough. 

KD's game is also different than any other superstar we have ever seen or any other player who suffered an Achilles injury. He could drop 20+ a game just off the block or coming off pin downs and screens. Even if you think he won't be THIS level of KD, chances are he is still going to be damn good. 

So yeah, I'm not counting as 2020-2021 being a waste like you are. They will contend right when KD returns from his injury. 

So what kind of player do you expect KD to be in 2020-2021? You said I picked an anomaly example, but Rudy Gay in recent times returned just fine as well. But is 80% KD still not better than Kyrie? Either way, having someone of Kyrie's level or a bit better is good enough. 

KD's game is also different than any other superstar we have ever seen or any other player who suffered an Achilles injury. He could drop 20+ a game just off the block or coming off pin downs and screens. Even if you think he won't be THIS level of KD, chances are he is still going to be damn good. 

So yeah, I'm not counting as 2020-2021 being a waste like you are. They will contend right when KD returns from his injury. 

Also, he's one of the greatest shooters of all-time who's game is not built around insane athletic ability.  His shooting alone with his size and IQ will make him insane.

Did you read the article? Do understand the difference between cherry picking a couple examples versus looking at all who have suffered it?

It affects shooting too, your predicting something that isn't likely. Is it possible? sure. But not likely. Read the article.

Kyrie is not a #1 on a championship team. If KD isn't good enough to be the #1 the Nets aren't winning anything.