Kevin Durant to Brooklyn

CWood21

1 minute ago, showtime said:

he's one of the greatest shooters of all-time

Shooting is also affected by the achilles injury, read the article I posted. And if you think he is KD just on his shooting then you are severely underrating how much his athletic ability for his size makes him who he is.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Shooting is also affected by the achilles injury, read the article I posted. And if you think he is KD just on his shooting then you are severely underrating how much his athletic ability for his size makes him who he is.

I think if he takes this year off, he'll come back the next year and still be really good.  Might not happen and it's def possible he takes a couple steps back.  We've seen it happen to Kobe and other players in different sports with this injury.  When I was talking about his athletic ability, I just meant his game isn't built around it like how Russell Westbrook's game is.

Who knows what ends up happening, but I think Durant will ultimately be fine and still be an elite player in this league.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think if he takes this year off, he'll come back the next year and still be really good.  Might not happen and it's def possible he takes a couple steps back.  We've seen it happen to Kobe and other players in different sports with this injury.  When I was talking about his athletic ability, I just meant his game isn't built around it like how Russell Westbrook's game is.

Who knows what ends up happening, but I think Durant will ultimately be fine and still be an elite player in this league.

I think he takes this year off, realizes theres more to life than playing Bball....and retires....limping off into the sunset :)

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Did you read the article? Do understand the difference between cherry picking a couple examples versus looking at all who have suffered it?

It affects shooting too, your predicting something that isn't likely. Is it possible? sure. But not likely. Read the article.

Kyrie is not a #1 on a championship team. If KD isn't good enough to be the #1 the Nets aren't winning anything.

Once again, please tell me the type of player you think he will be in 2020-2021.

And Kyrie proved exactly what? If he plays like he did in the postseason and is hampered by his knee issues? Then they aren't winning period. But if he has his usual explosiveness and KD is on Kyrie's level? The Nets can absolutely win. You are underrating their supporting cast big time. 

But anyways, I feel confident enough that KD comes back in 2020 as one of the best players in the game. They would have to manage him in the regular season and keep him fresh for the playoffs. But to act like that will also be a washed season? Nope, don't buy that one bit. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Once again, please tell me the type of player you think he will be in 2020-2021.

And Kyrie proved exactly what? If he plays like he did in the postseason and is hampered by his knee issues? Then they aren't winning period. But if he has his usual explosiveness and KD is on Kyrie's level? The Nets can absolutely win. You are underrating their supporting cast big time. 

But anyways, I feel confident enough that KD comes back in 2020 as one of the best players in the game. They would have to manage him in the regular season and keep him fresh for the playoffs. But to act like that will also be a washed season? Nope, don't buy that one bit. 

I think he won't shoot as well nor have the same explosion to get to the basket. I see maybe a back half all-star at best in quality by the time the playoffs come. To start the season I expect him to be wildly inconsistent.

Kyrie proved that he can't lift a team. The team played better without him than with him. He is not a #1. You won't win a championship with him as your best player. I don't care what surrounds you if you aren't a 1. This isn't the Pistons. And this also is a different NBA. You need a true #1 at least and likely another superstar as a #2. Nets don't have that unless and until KD is back which evidence based expectations say won't be until the 2021/22 season.

You can feel confident all you want. And maybe it happens. But all evidence says that is unlikely. That is hope rather evidence based prediction. It will be washed in the sense that Kyrie and KD at the level he'd be expected to be at isn't good enough to win a championship.

29 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I think he won't shoot as well nor have the same explosion to get to the basket. I see maybe a back half all-star at best in quality by the time the playoffs come. To start the season I expect him to be wildly inconsistent.

Kyrie proved that he can't lift a team. The team played better without him than with him. He is not a #1. You won't win a championship with him as your best player. I don't care what surrounds you if you aren't a 1. This isn't the Pistons. And this also is a different NBA. You need a true #1 at least and likely another superstar as a #2. Nets don't have that unless and until KD is back which evidence based expectations say won't be until the 2021/22 season.

You can feel confident all you want. And maybe it happens. But all evidence says that is unlikely. That is hope rather evidence based prediction. It will be washed in the sense that Kyrie and KD at the level he'd be expected to be at isn't good enough to win a championship.

The team was also much better with Kyrie on the court opposed to him off the court. The Raptors in the regular season also were on pace to win more games without Kawhi opposed to with him. You are also ignoring the fact that Kyrie didn't have someone on his level on the Celtics. I'm telling you even if KD slips a bit, he will be on Kyrie's level. That team will compete period. This isn't the Nets losing out on two seasons and then competing in their third season. 

I'm well aware of past ball players with Achilles injuries. I'm also aware of where those players were in their careers when they suffered their injury. Lastly, I'm aware that none of those guys had KD's type of game and could score the way he could with the ease he does. This isn't even me hoping he comes back close to form. I'm very confident even if he slips he will be a very good scorer and one of the best players in the league. 

I'm confident he returns to form or close to it while you think he's not even close to the player he is right now. We will find out in 2020….