Bucks to re-sign Middleton

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@beekay414 this is real bad right

Absolutely terrible. He got benched for effort in a contract year, crapped the bed in the ECF and is losing athleticism by the day. This deal is going to look so damn bad down the line. Especially giving him a god damn player option. This deal is Nic Batum but worse. 

I hate the short-sighted moves because of the "how do you replace him next year?" people. I don't care how cash strapped we are. You don't overpay players because you can't replace them. Just dumb basketball. 

Edited by beekay414

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The only positive to this is that Giannis will almost surely stay now. The only chance the Bucks have is if Leonard leaves Toronto and no other east teams forge a super team. Middleton is not a #2 on a traditional championship team. He proves it this year.

I just genuinely don’t understand how Middleton got the reputation league-wide that led to this contract. How do you watch the Bucks and somehow decide he is worth near or more than double Brogdon, Bled and Lopez on a per year basis? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I just genuinely don’t understand how Middleton got the reputation league-wide that led to this contract. How do you watch the Bucks and somehow decide he is worth near or more than double Brogdon, Bled and Lopez on a per year basis? 

Baffling to me, though it seems like the top 25% of players in the NBA are worth the max these days. Just totally sucks we'll never see an actual star player next to Giannis unless he leaves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It's beyond baffling to me. I watched every game and I saw a dude that deserved, max, $20 million. Max. 

He's going to age terribly. He's already a limited athlete after the hamstring tear. This contract will be worse than Nic Batum's.