Free Agent Smart/Stupid Tracker

DoleINGout

14 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Jimmy Butler

I think everything about the city of Miami, Dwayne Wade, and Pat Riley is a perfect fit for Butler. That's why I don't necessarily see it as a stupid move.

Smart: Brook Lopez/Millsap/(From the Heat perspective): Whiteside

Stupid: Murray

Just now, DoleINGout said:

I think everything about the city of Miami, Dwayne Wade, and Pat Riley is a perfect fit for Butler. That's why I don't necessarily see it as a stupid move.

Smart: Brook Lopez/Millsap/(From the Heat perspective): Whiteside

Stupid: Murray

Wade is retired. They are a treadmill team with no future.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Wade is retired.

I know. My point is Wade has obvious ties to the Heat which I view as a positive rather than a negative in relation to Butler since both guys are friendly/friends-with LeBron James & Co. Just think it makes things smoother quicker. Also regardless of how good the Heat are next season having Butler is a move in the right direction and smart because it signals change from as you alluded to a stagnant era.

12 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

why is it stupid for Ben Simmons?? Just because he hasn't made a 3 in forever?? Just because he doesn't even have a mid range shot?? Just because he is a disaster come playoffs in the halfcourt?? 

It's not really stupid at all given the circumstances. You're already at the max salary for your team, so to retain a player like Simmons there's nothing to lose at that point. I would have rather we kept Butler than Harris though.

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not really stupid at all given the circumstances. You're already at the max salary for your team, so to retain a player like Simmons there's nothing to lose at that point. I would have rather we kept Butler than Harris though.

I was only semi joking. Philly did what was expected. Simmons though better start learning how to at least hit mid rangers, otherwise it may end up a bad move.