Free Agent Smart/Stupid Tracker

DoleINGout

Why does Chris Broussard keep saying that Kawhi Leonard will get paid more money if he joins the Lakers?  I read a title saying he was going to make $11 million more over the next four years, but I couldn't watch the video.  But doesn't he make more money signing with the Raptors?

Just now, showtime said:

Why does Chris Broussard keep saying that Kawhi Leonard will get paid more money if he joins the Lakers?  I read a title saying he was going to make $11 million more, but I couldn't watch the video.  But doesn't he make more money signing with the Raptors?

Taxes but that was debunked by someone. The difference was basically nothing. 

• Like 1

Just now, showtime said:

Why does Chris Broussard keep saying that Kawhi Leonard will get paid more money if he joins the Lakers?  I read a title saying he was going to make $11 million more, but I couldn't watch the video.  But doesn't he make more money signing with the Raptors?

He was talking about taxes in Canada as opposed to taxes in California. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Anthony Davis is that type of player yet has only made the postseason 2 times in 7 years and his team has never even won 50+ games? How is that an elite difference maker? He had All-Star level talent around him in New Orleans too... Hm... 

Donavan Mitchell had zero help in the postseason last year. Ingles was worn down from playing PG, Rubio was mentally checked out, and we had literally no one else that could score so the Rockets keyed in on him. It's difficult to win when you're the focal point and don't have a second option that can consistently score. Ask LeBron who went 28-27 when he was on the floor last year or AD who went 25-31 when he was on the floor last year. Hell James Harden shot sub .400 against us in that series, is he a terrible player too?

During the 2nd half of the season (when he was actually healthy, Jan-April [44 games]) Mitchell averaged 26.5 ppg | 4.5 rpg | 4.8 apg on 45% FG and 42% 3FG. As a second year player that's absolutely unreal especially considering that we had no other offensive weapons and defenses were keyed in on him. Furthermore, Mitchell averaged 24 ppg on the season and became only the 4th player in the last 20 years to average 20+ ppg and be the leading scorer on a playoff team as a 2nd-year player. The other 3 players to do it? LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Blake Griffin. So to say he's not a game-changing player despite what he has done so early in his career is a joke. 

@showtime I'd love to hear your rebuttal to these facts. Mitchell is only the 4th player in the last 20 years to do what he did, has two more 50+ win seasons as the #1 guy than Davis, and as many playoff appearances in 2 years as Davis has in 7... How is Davis a proven winner / "guy" and Mitchell isn't? Or do you stop responding when actual facts to disprove your points are presented?