~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

So I take it it'll be a Triple Threat match for the Universal title @ the Rumble?

Maybe, maybe not.  It's still a month-plus till Rumble so they'll probably drag this out another couple weeks so that it's not as noticeable that Brock isn't around every week during the build-up to build the match.  From everything I'd heard, they'd shut the light out on Finn being the next challenger, but it's possible they opt to go 3-way with him, Brock, and Strowman or the threeway you brought up (either way it gives someone else to eat the pin so that Strowman doesn't have to).

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

this ppv was so predictable aside from ziggler winning.  i wish carmela cashed in her mitb.  

It's a transitional PPV heading into a Major-4 PPV, why in the hell would you be expecting swerves?  It's all about progressing storylines to allow for blow-offs to occur at RR or giving proper blow-offs to feuds (which is what they did with AJ/Jinder; Charlotte/Nattie) so that new ones can begin to form at RR heading into Mania season and Mania.

the two ref thing was a clusterF

the Breezango buildup for months to that beat down was worthless.  I understand the squash but it wasn't even slightly entertaining.  Could have just inserted the Colons and achieved the same affect.  

Ziggler winning was a surprise. I thought either Corbin would retain or Roode would win. Overall, a solid PPV. Nothing great, but it was pretty entertaining. The US Championship and the Tag Team Championship matches were probably the ones that entertained me the most. The main event was pretty boring, but that's because Jinder Mahal really does nothing for me as a performer. I wonder what will happen to him once he's out of the title picture.

For a mid level PPV this was pretty good. Great to see Styles retain, hoping Jinder never challenges for the title again. Thought Roode would have won the US title. Thought Rusev Day might have won the tag titles. Going to be interesting to see the Royal Rumble build up.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Ziggler winning was a surprise. I thought either Corbin would retain or Roode would win. Overall, a solid PPV. Nothing great, but it was pretty entertaining. The US Championship and the Tag Team Championship matches were probably the ones that entertained me the most. The main event was pretty boring, but that's because Jinder Mahal really does nothing for me as a performer. I wonder what will happen to him once he's out of the title picture.

I'm thinking (and it's entirely possible I'm giving them too much credit) they're starting to plan ahead some for the Rumble match and order.  And by that I mean, they realize that nowadays the entrances are as much a part of the Rumble as anything because this isn't even the 2000's anymore where a guy's music goes off and he actually runs to the ring.  So Roode will be in the Rumble match and - more than likely - they're going to give him some kind of build within the match which likely means a stretch of 30-45 minutes.  Not sure they want to put him in another 15 minute match on the card unless it's a show-opener.

Speaking to the Rumble match, I won't be surprised - and I actually think it would be smart and kind of cool - if Batista is one of the one-off throwback entrants.  For one, he'll actually get a face-pop in Philly this time, like they'd wanted him to the first time.  For another, it'd be a nice nod to the last time the Rumble was in Philly.

Just now, jfinley88 said:

yo it's weird how those guys in that "bullet club" faction are like the rebellious independent guys, but like they're just kinda nerds who seem to do cringey stuff all the time lol. no hate, idgaf. 

Nah, I mean... in some degrees I agree.  The Bucks, in particular, have a really bad habit of taking what could be - if they just did it and left it alone - an entertaining spot-exchange and then dragging it out so long that it's effectively beating the horse until it's nothing more than a greasy spot in the snow.  The ghosted-dropkick spot from the 6-man at Final Battle for instance, it was a cool spot the first time, but then they have to bring more guys in the ring to do it, and then all of the guys in the ring to do it... and that just went from cool spot to "this is stupid and you should feel stupid for marking out to it."

Omega, and I'm a fan of his, has a habit of overselling worse than Dolph or HBK.  This feud with Jericho, I'm hoping, helps him learn from one of the GOAT how to bring things a bit more into the realm of the real.

Cody's, arguably, been better since the joining the BC because he's found a character he can really embrace - and I think he genuinely enjoys playing the heel.  But, honestly, this incarnation of the Club is largely weak for me and nowhere near what it was when you had Finn or AJ at the helm and Gallows/Anderson in the mix as two of the main heavies.

Archived