~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

5 hours ago, tom cody said:

I think Asuka wins the women's Royal Rumble. Not sure about Rousey. If she's full time maybe but not if she's part time ala Lesnar.

Yeah with Charlotte not competing in it, I have to think the odds-on favorites have to be either Asuka or Nia.  Then they'll play out the whole, "Charlotte said she'd anxiously await facing whoever won at Mania, and when that winner elects to face Bliss (again, good storytelling would suggest Alexa spending a RAW or two trying to lobby the winner to choose to face Charlotte), enter Ronda to face Charlotte.  I'd love to see them do the Four Horsewomen vs Four Horsewomen, but honestly, I think if we get that match, they'll build off a Charlotte/Ronda Mania match into either a Summer Slam or Survivor Series match later that year.

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

Yeah with Charlotte not competing in it, I have to think the odds-on favorites have to be either Asuka or Nia.  Then they'll play out the whole, "Charlotte said she'd anxiously await facing whoever won at Mania, and when that winner elects to face Bliss (again, good storytelling would suggest Alexa spending a RAW or two trying to lobby the winner to choose to face Charlotte), enter Ronda to face Charlotte.  I'd love to see them do the Four Horsewomen vs Four Horsewomen, but honestly, I think if we get that match, they'll build off a Charlotte/Ronda Mania match into either a Summer Slam or Survivor Series match later that year.

This end scenario makes alot of sense and it seems like a pretty realistic possibility.

• Nia wins - This keeps here dominance persona alive and finally gives her an opportunity to compete for the same RAW title that Bliss promised here months ago.
  • Asuka gets eliminated by a cheap shot or by two or more participants. This gives her a "loss" without actually giving her a loss, thus keeping her undefeated streak alive. Besides, beings that she is still relatively new to the brand, I don't see them setting her up for a loss just yet. And I certainly don't see them giving her the title. But, they did give it Balor right away too so....
  • Charlotte is left without an opponent thus entering the Rhonda/Flair setup. This gives WWE two womens championship matches at Wrestlemania built around story-lines that makes sense. 
  • Following the Wrestlemania, we get fourwomen vs Horsewomen. 

This would make sense from a business standpoint as well. It's an easy opportunity to draw more MMA fans while they're feeding off of the possible McG/Mayweather rematch which we all know is going to dominate the headlines for the next 12 months. 

12 hours ago, DawgX said:

So, I guess Ambrose is going to be out for a significant amount of time? Feel bad for him. I've never been much of a fan of his, but I was interested to see where this storyline was headed. I imagined Ambrose would eventually turn on Rollins to setup a feud around WM or maybe SummerSlam. He definitely needed a heel turn as I felt his character was stale. Wonder what this means for Rollins heading into WM.

Holy crap. I didn't know about this. Yeah this isn't good for the Shield at all. The hype around them has already plummeted between Reigns being out for that short time and them not entering through the crowd.

2 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

Rusev better be in the main event scene next year, he has been fantastic ever since he started the whole rusev day thing. And that double accolade was a thing of beauty

rusev the most underutilized on the roster imo. baffling rusev & cesaro aren't two of the top guys in the company. 

48 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

rusev the most underutilized on the roster imo. baffling rusev & cesaro aren't two of the top guys in the company. 

They won't and it won't just be on the company.  Rusev will get a hard push out of the reaction he's getting on the Rusev Day stuff - and he'll always stay relevant so long as he and Lana are appearing on Total Divas.  But, I can tell you right now what's going to happen at some point during the push that's coming for him - another of the Indie darlings will get the bump up to the main card and fans will make such a to-do that Vince will think they've moved on from Rusev to someone new and that will be that.

This is honestly why, as entertaining as the gimmick can be when it's done right, people really shouldn't be happy with the Woken Matt Hardy stuff - it's taking time and a spot away from someone like Rusev or a Cesaro or someone similar who has been on the roster for a while and can't seem to maintain a sustained push because fans get fickle and want the flavor of the week.

Like, I get it, I want to see him succeed too - more than I do someone like Elias (who is getting the same kind of fan reaction ultimately) who I've legitimately heard people discussing as someone who ought to be considered for an opportunity to win the Rumble (seriously?!) - but I mean ultimately, Rusev is a Big Boss Man or Mark Henry type.  He's someone you could cycle into and out of the main event scene when you need someone to help build up and maintain the strength of your current champion because he's a great worker with strong credibility.  But he's not going to be a World Champion (most likely) unless it's in a manner granted to the likes of Henry, Christian, and so on as a Lifetime Service Award reign.

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

They won't and it won't just be on the company.  Rusev will get a hard push out of the reaction he's getting on the Rusev Day stuff - and he'll always stay relevant so long as he and Lana are appearing on Total Divas.  But, I can tell you right now what's going to happen at some point during the push that's coming for him - another of the Indie darlings will get the bump up to the main card and fans will make such a to-do that Vince will think they've moved on from Rusev to someone new and that will be that.

This is honestly why, as entertaining as the gimmick can be when it's done right, people really shouldn't be happy with the Woken Matt Hardy stuff - it's taking time and a spot away from someone like Rusev or a Cesaro or someone similar who has been on the roster for a while and can't seem to maintain a sustained push because fans get fickle and want the flavor of the week.

Like, I get it, I want to see him succeed too - more than I do someone like Elias (who is getting the same kind of fan reaction ultimately) who I've legitimately heard people discussing as someone who ought to be considered for an opportunity to win the Rumble (seriously?!) - but I mean ultimately, Rusev is a Big Boss Man or Mark Henry type.  He's someone you could cycle into and out of the main event scene when you need someone to help build up and maintain the strength of your current champion because he's a great worker with strong credibility.  But he's not going to be a World Champion (most likely) unless it's in a manner granted to the likes of Henry, Christian, and so on as a Lifetime Service Award reign.

Ratings have ticked up since Woken Matt came about. Im happy about him arriving. Cause the shows been unwatchable without. I DVR shows now. Ill stop for Brock, Matt, and Mandy Rose. And thats basically it.  Everything else is stale, bland, recycled or beatin to death.

What they need to do with Matt. Is to establish him against Bray. Then let guys build off that momentum hes bringing in. Would be something like you touched on, for a guy in Cesaro/Finn/Rusev type situation to get some quality airtime and build off.

16 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Cause the shows been unwatchable without. I DVR shows now. Ill stop for Brock, Matt, and Mandy Rose. And thats basically it.  Everything else is stale, bland, recycled or beatin to death.

This kind of thing has always rubbed me the wrong way. How can you know the rest of the show is a certain way at all if you are not even watching?

imo aside from a throwaway show or two a few weeks back (which is normal in between Survivor Series and Royal Rumble), the booking for both Raw and Smackdown lately has been really good. 

4 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

This kind of thing has always rubbed me the wrong way. How can you know the rest of the show is a certain way at all if you are not even watching?

imo aside from a throwaway show or two a few weeks back (which is normal in between Survivor Series and Royal Rumble), the booking for both Raw and Smackdown lately has been really good. 

I dont need Roman, Seth, Cesaro, Shamus and such on my screen to know exactly what boring, recycled thing theyre saying next. Its the same thing theyve been saying for months to each other. Half the show, everyone is fast forwarding through anyway since its nothing but commercials and recaps taking up a hour and a half.

So I watch probably a half hour, of the hour and a half of actual shown show. I dont watch Cena, I dont watch Balor matches so long as hes wasting away "Cesaro-ing". I dont watch any of the Shield cause that horse was beatin to death loooong ago with boredom. And FF through the Cruisers. So I watch what I like. I do stop for Stroman squashing people.

Smackdown. I FF through Shane and Daniel. But generally I watch that show.

22 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont need Roman, Seth, Cesaro, Shamus and such on my screen to know exactly what boring, recycled thing theyre saying next. Its the same thing theyve been saying for months to each other. Half the show, everyone is fast forwarding through anyway since its nothing but commercials and recaps taking up a hour and a half.

So I watch probably a half hour, of the hour and a half of actual shown show. I dont watch Cena, I dont watch Balor matches so long as hes wasting away "Cesaro-ing". I dont watch any of the Shield cause that horse was beatin to death loooong ago with boredom. And FF through the Cruisers. So I watch what I like. I do stop for Stroman squashing people.

Smackdown. I FF through Shane and Daniel. But generally I watch that show.

The Shield members and The Bar have been putting on great showings as have the Cruisers. The Shane and Daniel stuff has surprisingly been really well done and interesting as well. Cena stuff when he has been on has been good too. 

I still think it is a little silly to comment definitively on something you aren't actually watching. It is fine if you fast forward through stuff you do not believe you want to see, but it is the definition of ignorance to turn around and comment about it.

9 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

The Shield members and The Bar have been putting on great showings as have the Cruisers. The Shane and Daniel stuff has surprisingly been really well done and interesting as well. Cena stuff when he has been on has been good too. 

I still think it is a little silly to comment definitively on something you aren't actually watching. It is fine if you fast forward through stuff you do not believe you want to see, but it is the definition of ignorance to turn around and comment about it.

Ive watched.. Ive watched for a couple years. Guys like Roman and Seth go out there and bore the crap out of me. Get mega face pushed, cant be beatin by baddies unless baddies cheat. And look like theyre reciting word for word from a script, cause they have zero acting skills. I can see it appealing to children. But an adult should want better storytelling and quality. Its like, as an adult, I wont go to an Avengers movie (or unnecessarily sneak namecalling jabs on a sports forum). I know whats going to happen. Same recycled superhero crap as always, but if the kids want to go. Ill suffer through it.

Archived