~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

I hope the WWE finally approved the use of the curb stomp long term. the pedigree was a nice finisher while he was aligned with HHH, but this new knee to the face garbage he was doing was seriously lacking. they could have given it a name at least like "The Blue Print" or something to fit the whole Architect thing. 

but the curb stomp is original and its legit, you expect someone to get pinned after it

6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

but the curb stomp is original and its legit, you expect someone to get pinned after it

Well... the way Seth delivers it is original. The move itself isn't.  Super Dragon had been using the Curb Stomp as a finisher since the early 2000's.

Cena is never going to go heel. He's the WWE's poster child for public relations. It would make sense show wise, and might even help the ratings some but you cant make a star like Cena go heel in todays social media world 

Further extrapolating on that, Hogan turned heel at a time when he could barely pay people to put him in movies.  His movie roles were made-for-TV stuff that Ted Turner was funding and that Hulk himself was a producer or minimum EP on.  Cena, on the other hand, is still way, waaaay more marketable from a Hollywood perspective (not Rock level, but the fact that he's able to do animated movies along with comedies in more than just bit parts means he's sought after for the value of his name) and it's simply not in his best interest to portray a bad guy on TV (in wrestling) while trying to sell himself as a B-level Mark Wahlberg in Hollywood.

I hope the WWE finally approved the use of the curb stomp long term. the pedigree was a nice finisher while he was aligned with HHH, but this new knee to the face garbage he was doing was seriously lacking. they could have given it a name at least like "The Blue Print" or something to fit the whole Architect thing. 

I think it's the best looking finisher in the E. As LBC said, the move itself isn't completely original, but Seth delivers it incredibly well and it looks believable. Was real excited to see him hit it last night, really hoping it wasn't a one-time thing.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think it's the best looking finisher in the E. As LBC said, the move itself isn't completely original, but Seth delivers it incredibly well and it looks believable. Was real excited to see him hit it last night, really hoping it wasn't a one-time thing.

I think it also helps that Finn (because the move was used by a number of guys on the indies, and in particular by several guys in Europe) knows how to sell it extremely well.  It's why I don't think you can have Seth always use it.  Once he's a singles wrestler again, so long as he stays babyface, the Phoenix Splash should probably be his primary finisher (it's kind of why I'd like to see him on a different brand from Finn because they both use similar methods to set up similar - in that they're both off the top turnbuckle - finishers).  Save the Curb Stomp as a big feud blowoff finisher/high spot or for mega-hyped matches against other strong workers.

If you try getting guys like Braun, Mojo, Titus, Axel, etc. to sell the move you're going to at worst get guys putting themselves in danger of injury (not the least of which could be Seth because if someone lands it wrong it can cause him to roll/tweak his knee or ankle) and at best you end up with a match finish that looks similar to Donald Trump selling a Stone Cold Stunner.

9 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Watched it yesterday. I agree with number 1 but most of the list I would have a different order.

I dont see how Taker facing HHH setup for mania even made the list. 1000 bigtime matches have been set on Raws through the ages. And Taker-HHH standing together doing nothing gets 15?

Highest rated and most watched segment in history lands in the 20s with Rocks, This is your life. lol

I have a lot in no order

Austin returns to save team wwf from WCW/ECW

Mark Henry's "retirement" swerve

Austin's beer bath to Rock, Shane and Vince

Radicalz WWF debut

1-2-3 kid beating razor ramon

the first wwf draft

hbk's promo in montreal (i legit thought bret was coming out)

pillman's got a gun

dx invading wcw

rock concert in Sacramento

hhh invading test and Stephanie's wedding

lesnar returning

y2j debut

foley winning his first title

this is your life segment with foley and rock

Goldberg's wwe debut

cm punk "returning" to confront cena

raw is owen

hhh calls off the marriage with steph

Just zipped through Impact.

When you think something cant get any worse. How can they up their game you ask?

Well. You give 3 or 4 segments that were 5 mins and promote a big Barbwire match. Talk about such a match the entire time. Show previews before or after commercial breaks. Then.. for the last 15 mins of the show. You show nonstop commercials and promotions for the match. Allow both parties to have their music and walk to the ring. Then end the show by telling fans they can watch the match in its entirety online as the credits roll.

Yep. That happened.

Archived