~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I don't know why but I have a hard time accepting that he's HOF worthy. anyone care to give me their take on it? Thanks.

As a standalone wrestler?  He's probably not (then again, consider that Koko B. Ware is in the HOF).  But when you factor in his work as a promoter, as a scout for talent (yes, he had help with that, but he had the sense to trust those opinions, sign those guys, and push them), and let's be real here... if Jeff hadn't established and gotten behind the Knockouts Division when he was still in the head honchos chair in TNA, would we really be seeing the "women's revolution" we've seen?

This is also, likely, a roundabout way of honoring Jerry Jarrett and Christine Jarrett as well - and they deserve recognition, as Jerry is definitely HOF worthy as a promoter.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

As a standalone wrestler?  He's probably not (then again, consider that Koko B. Ware is in the HOF).  But when you factor in his work as a promoter, as a scout for talent (yes, he had help with that, but he had the sense to trust those opinions, sign those guys, and push them), and let's be real here... if Jeff hadn't established and gotten behind the Knockouts Division when he was still in the head honchos chair in TNA, would we really be seeing the "women's revolution" we've seen?

This is also, likely, a roundabout way of honoring Jerry Jarrett and Christine Jarrett as well - and they deserve recognition, as Jerry is definitely HOF worthy as a promoter.

Thanks @The LBC. Yeah I was looking at him from just a wrestler standpoint. 

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thanks @The LBC. Yeah I was looking at him from just a wrestler standpoint. 

Yeah, unfortunately we can't do that - even for some of the guys who have gone in already.  There are going to be multiple capacities that get someone into the HOF: Impact on the WWF/E specifically, impact on the professional wrestling industry, etc.

Ivory, for instance, wasn't "an all-time great" as far as Women's wrestling is concerned - I could easily name 5 women off the top of my head more deserving of induction just off sheer in-ring quality - but with respect to her time in GLOW, she helped pioneer women's wrestling into the mainstream industry and with respect to her time in WWF, she was effectively to the women's roster what Taker was to the men's roster, the shot-caller, so to speak, as well as the biggest advocate backstage for the girls in the locker room.

the issue for both raw and smack down is when they don't ahve a ppv for a while, the writers don't seem to know how to have short term feuds that matter and just get in a rut of schedueling the same 6 guys against each other at random intervals

On 2/21/2018 at 1:52 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I don't know why but I have a hard time accepting that he's HOF worthy. anyone care to give me their take on it? Thanks.

I remember those promos still from the buildup to entering the WWF. And he was one of my favs for years from them.

Is he HOF worthy? 4 time WCW champ, many time TNA. Held tons of titles everywhere he went. Cause he was good.

Hes worth going in the HOF alone for what he did to Hogan. When in WCW, Hogan was whining and crying backstage. So JJ walked out for their match, and fell on his back for Hogan to pin. Hogan pinned him and left, they discredited the title for a new one. And started up a match with Booker and JJ for the title right after. Because it said, both the guys fought in the trenches for years and didnt deserve to be held back by a prima donna like Hogan.

So Im happy hes going in. He left WWE and tried to give people an alternative, built guys like AJ, Roode, Daniels, Joe cause of it. I dont see how people dont think he deserves a HOF nod. He had one tremendous career.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:42 PM, pollino14 said:

Jinder with one of the most cringeworthy promos of the year ????

That would make two of the most cringeworthy promos of the year in TWO separate years if you include that god awful Nakumara promo he had last December(?) when he showed different still imagaes of Naka's face on the tron. The guy is cancer altogether. 

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

That would make two of the most cringeworthy promos of the year in TWO separate years if you include that god awful Nakumara promo he had last December(?) when he showed different still imagaes of Naka's face on the tron. The guy is cancer altogether. 

to be fair, i don't even think the rock could have made the face tron promo work

On 2/21/2018 at 12:52 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

He has an impressive resume, WWE counts what happened in WCW and ECW as part of their HOF thinking too.

He was a 4x WCW world champion
He was a 3x WCW US Champion
He was a 6x IC Champion
He was a 1x European Champion
He was a 1x Tag Champion

He was basically a career Mid Card title guy who broke through and along with Booker T and Scott Steiner carried WCW to its bitter end.

With the quality of guys put in the HOF, Jarrett definitely produced enough as a wrestler to make it 

15 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hes worth going in the HOF alone for what he did to Hogan. When in WCW, Hogan was whining and crying backstage. So JJ walked out for their match, and fell on his back for Hogan to pin. Hogan pinned him and left, they discredited the title for a new one. And started up a match with Booker and JJ for the title right after. Because it said, both the guys fought in the trenches for years and didnt deserve to be held back by a prima donna like Hogan.

This is still a hotly debated event about whether or not it was a shoot or a work. I think it was a little of both, but it ran Hogan out of WCW. Its a crazy event to watch, and then watch the Russo promo he cut on Hogan afterwards

On 2/22/2018 at 5:40 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

I remember those promos still from the buildup to entering the WWF. And he was one of my favs for years from them.

Is he HOF worthy? 4 time WCW champ, many time TNA. Held tons of titles everywhere he went. Cause he was good.

Hes worth going in the HOF alone for what he did to Hogan. When in WCW, Hogan was whining and crying backstage. So JJ walked out for their match, and fell on his back for Hogan to pin. Hogan pinned him and left, they discredited the title for a new one. And started up a match with Booker and JJ for the title right after. Because it said, both the guys fought in the trenches for years and didnt deserve to be held back by a prima donna like Hogan.

So Im happy hes going in. He left WWE and tried to give people an alternative, built guys like AJ, Roode, Daniels, Joe cause of it. I dont see how people dont think he deserves a HOF nod. He had one tremendous career.

Well, it ultimately boils down for a number of people I think that it's the WWE Hall of Fame, not the Pro Wrestling HOF (it's treated as the later some time, but it really isn't and the Cauliflower Alley Club is closer to that in reality).  The Rock 'n Roll Express finally got in last year which has made the case for "your contributions don't have to be entirely based on what you did in WWE/F (or some place they bought out) for consideration," but that's still something that's relatively new for a lot of people.  Also, you've got guys like the Midnight Express, the Fantastics, and Danny freakin' Hodge who just, plainly, have stronger cases for inclusion in a HOF by pretty much any standard (outside of maybe promo for Hodge, but it wasn't something that they really did in his day, Danny can still talk to this day, and who needs to promo when you're 85 and can still crush a whole apple with with your bare hand?).

Archived