~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

HOOOO BOY just watched a video of the Cena/Reigns segment

I don't know why they're doing it now but i'll be damned if that segment wasn't the best on WWE tv since strowman flipped an ambulance with reigns in it 

The entire time Cena was going, I was legitimately and totally inadvertently doing my best impression of Method Man from Higher Education, "Get 'em!"

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

LOL Banks lost again

Well, I mean, the fans really aren't doing her any favors - the Brooklyn crowd literally couldn't seem to make up their mind on who they were for and who they were against.  At Summer Slam, Sasha was booed all the way up until Alexa tapped and Sasha won the title, meanwhile Alexa was cheered.  Then the next night both women were booed, but again Sasha - doing the babyface title-win promo - was booed.

Creative has had a hair up their butt to do this whole Alexa/Nia thing - even though over an extended program with Nia's track record she's going to injure Alexa (it's really not a matter of if, but when).  And they're largely spinning wheels to kill time right now because - whether it's a work or not, they're treating it like it's legit - with this injury, Asuka's not coming up for a while, and Ember, who should be brought up sooner than later because there's nothing left for her on NXT right now, should be headed to Smackdown.

I will say this about the Roman/Cena feud.  If they book this correctly, they could legitimately start build hype for Mania NOW.  There were rumors floating about coming out of Summer Slam that now the plan has shifted from Roman/Cena to Roman/Lesnar (again), and we'll probably have a good idea of how that goes in a combination of how this No Mercy match plays out and then through Survivor Series.

Even if they don't do a Roman heel turn, putting Cena over here and having Roman having to build back towards a Mania rematch would tease enough people that a heel turn could be on the horizon to drive a steady stream of Mania views on its own (even though, were it to happen, the most logical place to do it would be the RAW after Mania after Roman had won and Cena just rolled out of the ring, quietly applauding as he backed up the ramp while Roman posed, and then Cena makes a big to-do on RAW about Roman finally stepping up and earning that spot only to get decked by Roman).

it's weird, it almost feels like they decided to give Cena the material that Heyman and Brock would have used on Roman for a feud, particularly if the aim would have been to pass the belt to Roman and set up an eventual Mania match against Cena (the "Roman has to prove he's not a Bootleg Cena" match/feud).  Either way, I think we're probably looking at four guys where some combination of 2 & 2 are going to amount to two Mania matches, those guys being Roman, Cena, Brock, and Joe.  in other words, either we get Roman/Cena 2 and Brock/Joe 2 at Mania or we get Roman/Brock 2 and Cena/Joe. 

Anyone delve into the first 4 episodes of the Mae Young Classic yet?

Pretty sure we already know that Candice LeRae is signing with NXT, probably safe to assume that Toni Storm, Mia Yim (Jade - in a total Gail Kim tribute character which is cool to see), Dakota Kai, Rhea Ripley, Kairi Sane, and Marti Belle are signed in some capacity (plus we already know that Shayna Baszler, Bianca Belair, Abbey Laith, and others have already been working NXT).

Billie and Peyton and then the likes of Aliyah/Noop and Liv Morgan ought to be worried, because they could get passed up in a hurry.  As is, there's enough talent coming out of this that they could promote Ember now, send up Nikki Cross as soon as their ready to greenlight Sanity as a whole for promotion, and send up Asuka (I'd bet whoever wins the Classic is who ends up ending her streak) once she's back from injury and pops off one more feud... probably post-Mania so they get the pre-Mania TakeOver as her sendoff, and they'd be fine for another two years worth of solid women's action in NXT.  There's probably a couple you could realistically send straight up to the main roster if they wanted, because some already have their characters well in hand like Storm, Belle, and Yim.

Thoughts on Raw:

• From the Battle Royal even more convinced now that Jason Jordan will be turning heel. Think WWE will keep booking him to have these near misses and the pressure of being Kurt's son will eventually get to him and he'll turn on Kurt and he'll be looking after his own interests.
  • Also from the Battle Royal. I see the Balor/Wyatt feud is still ongoing. Where else can they take this? Finn has already used the demon character against him. He can't really face him as normal Finn again and he did everything at Summerslam as the demon. Unsure where they can take this.
  • Surprised to see the Reigns/Cena match at No Mercy but that segment had some great heat. Cena was on fire as usual and Reigns had some good lines. Always feels with these Cena promos though that he has free reign to say whatever the heck he likes whilst his opponent has to keep to a script. Cena even pointed out that Reigns was throwing the same accusations at him that nearly every other opponent does. Think there's a reason for that. Also I'm not sure that Cena is responsible for AJ Styles and Kevin Owens prominence in WWE.
  • Wasn't too sure about having them team up straight after the contract segment. Surely after going through a segment like that with your future opponent you wouldn't want to be associated with him in a match.
  • I know this is a daft point but how does a Southpaw regional wrestler from the 80's look no older in the present day? (I know its WWE. Logic doesn't matter)
  • So Sasha has won the Raw Women's Title four times and yet she hasn't successfully defended it once (On Screen). I'm not sure what it says about Sasha but its not good if you're perceived as someone not able to hold onto the title once winning. She's won it four times without a successful defence.
  • And now we get to see Nia v Alexa. Can't see this being a good feud at all. Nia should really still be in NXT.

Archived