~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

20 hours ago, PFM18 said:

Issue there is WWE have had no interest in working with other wrestling companies for a long time now.

It would be great if WWE did something with say New Japan. Trading talent so they could remain fresh working in different companies, but it would never happen.

WWE does have some sort of relationship with EVOLVE, which IIRC is how guys like Gargano and Ciampa got into WWE.

There was talk of WWE putting other companies shows on the Network, but no idea where that's going.

(Side Note: Cory Graves is replacing JBL on Smackdown as commentator. No idea if he's still doing Raw also. Nigel McGuinness will be doing 205 Live.)

Graves is doing both RAW and Smackdown now.

Also like you said, the E does work with other promotions, just not ones that are remotely close to their level (and all of this is being done by Triple H, Vince legitimately has no interest and doesn't bother to have knowledge of promotions outside his own), like Evolve and Shimmer.

No other promotion has, and likely will because no network is going to give them the deal without proving first they can draw at a competitive level, the television deal to compete with WWE anywhere close to the way WCW did.  NJPW can't - and I love them too, but they're not going to hook the casual domestic audience with promos that require subtitles (it's flat out true), and they're certainly not going to do it while only being carried domestically by AXS TV.  ROH, unless Sinclair gives them the green light for WGN-America which doesn't sound like it's going to be the case, can't do it either - they simply won't have big enough exposure.

3 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

I hate when a wrestler who was actually loved, and cheered by the crowd, turns heels and starts to talk about how the crowd never liked him blah blah.

Meh, Ziggler's right in some respects. He spent years as a face receiving little reaction (that can be blamed on him I suppose, though he also spent much of that time being booked as essentially enhancement talent). He's certainly had moments and  months when he's been over, but it seems like as soon as he's bumped back to the mid card the crowd just stops caring. Now, some of that can be attributed to him having his legs cut out from underneath him whenever he's seemingly had momentum (see: not even getting a successful title defense after winning the belt or his entire booking following his win over the Authority at Survivor Series), but if he had kept receiving those pops, he likely isn't stranded in the mid card.

I legit don't even know how I felt about the segment tonight though. 

So they have Cena vs Naka on tv. Give it 12 mins with over 4 mins of commercial.

Then Orton vs Naka. It gets 13 mins, over 4 mins of commercial. After entrances that took over 6-7 mins cause they needed a commercial break stuck in the middle of that too.

Match started at 9:44. They could of easily started it at 9:30 and delivered a great match. But they prefer their fluff moments and chinless jokes. They can, and should be allowed to deliver a 4* match if possible. And with those 2, it was easily possible.

Naka vs Mahal for the belt right when the WWE is doing its india tour......this is a  pretty epic marketing attempt. 

WWE really wanting to compete with the NFL on September 24th. Raiders are playing the Redskins that Sunday Night. WWE making No Mercy a HUGE card.

Stroman vs Lesnar for the Universal Title for the first time

Roman Reigns vs Jon Cena for the first time

Enzo Amore getting a Crusierweight title shot

those are 3 big time moves for the WWE to make at a 2nd rate pay per view. 

The next Raw Pay Per View is TLC and sets up some potentially epic matches. 

I want to see a Crusierweight ladder match with Neville as champ, Enzo, Tozawa, Dar, Swann and Alexander. Put the belt on Enzo at this point.

The "Bar" vs Rollins and Ambrose in a tables match for the tag titles. keep Rollins and Ambrose run alive

A woman's TLC match with Bliss defending against Jax, Emma, Banks, Bayley and James

I have a feeling Lesnar will sit this one out, and they can use it to determine a number 1 contender for Survivor Series. 

TLC Match with the winner getting a contract to face Lesnar. Joe, Reigns, Stroman, Miz, Balor, Wyatt. I like adding the Miz to this match. In fact I would like to see Miz win the match and go on to challenge Lesnar at Survivor series. They seem to be making Lesnar look like a weaker unbeatable force than he has in the past. He could take a beating from the Miz and the Miztourage and still find a way to win. The miz would be able to carry the program on the mic during the build up. It also allows him to not have to defend the IC title on two straight Pay Per Views, and they seem intent on letting him rack up the time with the belt. This also saves the bigger names on Raw for the 10 man survivor series match with Smackdown. Give us a Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose reunion with say Balor and Cena to take one some smackdown team. 

Some interesting ways Raw could go over the coming months. Smackdown has made itself a joke with the Mahal title run, but i like the Owens vs Shane storyline. They could try and run a Heel Owens fueding with a  face McMahon family for a while. It could work. 

On 9/6/2017 at 5:03 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Naka vs Mahal for the belt right when the WWE is doing its india tour......this is a  pretty epic marketing attempt. 

WWE really wanting to compete with the NFL on September 24th. Raiders are playing the Redskins that Sunday Night. WWE making No Mercy a HUGE card.

Stroman vs Lesnar for the Universal Title for the first time

Roman Reigns vs Jon Cena for the first time

Enzo Amore getting a Crusierweight title shot

those are 3 big time moves for the WWE to make at a 2nd rate pay per view. 

The next Raw Pay Per View is TLC and sets up some potentially epic matches. 

I want to see a Crusierweight ladder match with Neville as champ, Enzo, Tozawa, Dar, Swann and Alexander. Put the belt on Enzo at this point.

The "Bar" vs Rollins and Ambrose in a tables match for the tag titles. keep Rollins and Ambrose run alive

A woman's TLC match with Bliss defending against Jax, Emma, Banks, Bayley and James

I have a feeling Lesnar will sit this one out, and they can use it to determine a number 1 contender for Survivor Series. 

TLC Match with the winner getting a contract to face Lesnar. Joe, Reigns, Stroman, Miz, Balor, Wyatt. I like adding the Miz to this match. In fact I would like to see Miz win the match and go on to challenge Lesnar at Survivor series. They seem to be making Lesnar look like a weaker unbeatable force than he has in the past. He could take a beating from the Miz and the Miztourage and still find a way to win. The miz would be able to carry the program on the mic during the build up. It also allows him to not have to defend the IC title on two straight Pay Per Views, and they seem intent on letting him rack up the time with the belt. This also saves the bigger names on Raw for the 10 man survivor series match with Smackdown. Give us a Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose reunion with say Balor and Cena to take one some smackdown team. 

Some interesting ways Raw could go over the coming months. Smackdown has made itself a joke with the Mahal title run, but i like the Owens vs Shane storyline. They could try and run a Heel Owens fueding with a  face McMahon family for a while. It could work. 

Totally agree with the comment regarding Mahal. Can't believe he's still WWE Champion. It's ridiculous that a guy who literally won a couple of matches on TV was suddenly elevated into a WWE Champion just on one of Vince's whims.Nakamura must surely beat him at HIAC. Surely can't have Shinsuke losing two matches in a row to Mahal. Would make him look so weak.

That being said, I do think Smackdown still has its strong points. As you mentioned Shane and AJ is turning into a nice feud and it'll be interesting to see what Vince does next week. AJ Styles is still one of WWE's top performers and is continuing to look strong. Baron Corbin in my opinion is getting better and could be a top guy. 

And of course there's the incomparable artiste Aiden English. Such a talented performer.

Archived