~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

I am so confused right now. It seems like the WWE was torn between a Miztourage vs Shield and realizing that Dallas and Axle have been made to look terrible for years, so they threw in Sheamus and Cesaro instead. 

Could end up leading to a Survivor Series match of Stroman, Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro vs Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns and a mystery partner. Bring in a guy like Cena or someone like that. 

Lesnar can defend against the Demon Fin Balor. 

i doubt they go back to the Raw vs Smackdown theme they did last year. 

On another Note, why has the WWE put the NXT belt on so many guys only to bury them when they come to the main roster. Here is a look at the former NXT Champs

Seth Rollins - WWE champion

Big E - Never sniffed the WWE Championship

Bo Dallas - a jobber

Neville - no where close to the main event

Zayn - Buried on the main roster

Kevin Owens - he got star treatment and has delivered

Balor - they tried to give him a run and injury stopped him, hes not done much since returning

Joe - Gotten a couple title matches, but hasnt won any titles

Nakamura - Currently losing a fued to the worst WWE champ ever

Bobby Roode - I think hes on the main roster?

They have created this incredible developmental league in NXT, and they have wasted almost all the call ups of their champs

look at the tag champs as well:

British Ambition - Never were a tag team on the main roster

Wyatt Family - had a decent run as a stable

The Ascension - a joke on the main roster

The Lucha Dragons - broke up pretty early on

Blake and Murphy - who?

The Vaudevillians - They had an decent build up to their arrival but did nothing but become jobbers

The revival - nothing

American Alpha - won the belts and then broke them up for the bizarre angle story line. 

the only thing they have done a decent job is building up the woman's division

Paige, Charlotte, Banks, and Bayley have all delivered on the main roster. 

Comparing NXT success and WWE success is useless because there are two different entities that decide who gets the push in those organizations.  If Vince doesn't see "it" in someone, he's not going to push them until they actually show him they can get over with the casual audience.

Sorry, but the above post just sounds like complaining for complaining's sake, especially with how much underselling is done in it.

To say that Big E hasn't been pushed or prominently featured is straight up laughable.  As a singles guy?  Sure.  But not everyone is going to be WWE champion.  He's part of one of the most over entities on the main roster, is part of a team that was pushed to the length of beating a 20+ year record.

The Revival were getting pushed... and then they kept getting injured.  Is the company supposed to push guys who can't even work?

I mean seriously, you're whining because Joe has been on the main roster for a little over 6 months and hasn't won a title.  Really?

Blake and Murphy aren't even on the main roster.  

Vaudevillains - Sure, that backstage heat Simon Gotch got for being a moron had absolutely nothing to do with any push they were getting being killed... riiiiiight.

I swear, people act like if the guys on the current main roster aren't future endeavored and the NXT guys don't have a rocket strapped to their butts and aren't given the top title immediately after promotion, then they're "being buried."  Sorry, but the melodramatic hyperbole gets old quick.

3 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Keep forgetting roode is on SD.

I think that's because they don't want to take too much shine off the 3-4 main feuds that are further progressed right now and they want to make sure get weekly screen-time, at least two of which probably get a blow-off at HIAC (Shane/KO and one of New Day/Usos or Jinder/Nakamura).

I do also think they're still not quite sure what they're going to do with him story wise and whether his push is going to be babyface or heel - because right now he's over (or at least the song is - Bobby himself really hasn't had a chance to get over a ton with the main roster fans), but his entrance is a flat out babyface entrance (this is something I feel like has ultimately been hurting Bray - that firefly entrance is a babyface entrance, especially once they started encouraging the audience participation of breaking out the cell phone lights).  Bobby is at his best as a heel, but unless they have him in a loose alliance of convenience with KO, their characters can kind of tend to sap the heat off one another.  So I won't be surprised if they try to juice the Glorious entrance for all they can get out of it and eventually work towards getting Roode into a program with someone after the Rumble (because people are going to stick on that theme at the Rumble) that allows them to pull a double-turn, letting Roode go heel and flipping a current heel (Rusev could be a good candidate).

My gut tells me (and maybe I'm being overly hopeful) that we get Roode/Jericho at Mania; mostly because most guys tend to take an "L" in their first Mania and if that's going to happen, it'd be nice to see Jericho get a Mania win because he doesn't have many.  Plus, that RtWM promo program would be fantastic.

Raw was the single worst wrestling program Ive seen in my 30 year history of watching wrestling. Back 2 hours had 3 matches. They tried to give the matches some time, but tossed in over 8 mins of commercials in each. Last half hour was all talk and commercials.

Smackdown wasnt bad. Its like Owens and Shane are really the only ones putting out full effort in all WWE atm. Like Lance Storm said about Naka and others, its like they have it on cruise control, coasting along. Like the matchups being done on SD. Newer talents really getting airtime and being pushed along nicely.

12 hours ago, The LBC said:

Comparing NXT success and WWE success is useless because there are two different entities that decide who gets the push in those organizations.  If Vince doesn't see "it" in someone, he's not going to push them until they actually show him they can get over with the casual audience.

Sorry, but the above post just sounds like complaining for complaining's sake, especially with how much underselling is done in it.

To say that Big E hasn't been pushed or prominently featured is straight up laughable.  As a singles guy?  Sure.  But not everyone is going to be WWE champion.  He's part of one of the most over entities on the main roster, is part of a team that was pushed to the length of beating a 20+ year record.

The Revival were getting pushed... and then they kept getting injured.  Is the company supposed to push guys who can't even work?

I mean seriously, you're whining because Joe has been on the main roster for a little over 6 months and hasn't won a title.  Really?

Blake and Murphy aren't even on the main roster.  

Vaudevillains - Sure, that backstage heat Simon Gotch got for being a moron had absolutely nothing to do with any push they were getting being killed... riiiiiight.

I swear, people act like if the guys on the current main roster aren't future endeavored and the NXT guys don't have a rocket strapped to their butts and aren't given the top title immediately after promotion, then they're "being buried."  Sorry, but the melodramatic hyperbole gets old quick.

The first part is absolutely correct.

But I agree with the premise for the most part, how they misuse the NXT guys, maybe not to the extent as the original post, but it's there.

* I've read multiple times that people believe the WWE is missing the boat with Bo Dallas, saying he's real talented.

* Before Breezango, Tyler Breeze was doing nothing. The guy had a month on SD before they forgot about him. Breeze is my favorite to come out of NXT, the guy wrestled Jushin Thunder Liger!!! He may not be world champ material, but he def should've been on the show regularly.

* The Ascension was the best tag team in NXT. Just a real cool gimmick, finishing move etc. I realize one of them had a wellness policy issue, but this team is super talented and shouldn't be jokes/ not on the show.

Those are just three who have most certainly been mistreated. I'm not going to bring up the ones who haven't been used to their potential (Sami Zayn cough cough) 

Archived