~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Is anyone actually excited for Summerslam? I feel like I couldnt even tell you the card if I was asked on the spot

It's definitely not a card to be too enthusiastic about.

Lesnar matches always benefit from being triple threats or fatal fourways, so that helps.

No idea what to expect out of Naka/Mahal.

Styles/Owens is Styles/Owens.

New Day/Usos has solid potential.

Intrigued by where they go with Ambrose/Rollins v. Cesaro/Sheamus.

Sasha/Bliss could be good, Naomi/Natalya is not very exciting.

Will be interesting to see if they give Rusev a big win. Probably not though.

Add in Cena/Corbin and probably Enzo-Show/Cass.

It has potential. But it could also be a real disappointment.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:44 AM, Deadpulse said:

Is anyone actually excited for Summerslam? I feel like I couldnt even tell you the card if I was asked on the spot

I'm excited for AJ vs Owens anytime it happens, but Fatal 4-Way between Brock, Roman, Joe, and Braun should be fun. Cena vs Corbin could be decent. Same for Balor vs Bray. Shinsuke beating Jinder would be kinda cool. New Day vs Usos should be a ladder match, that's my only real complaint. I think it's a solid/good card.

A few observations from this week:

- Corbin's new music is... like WTH?  Totally unnecessary change - his old theme was good and fit him, this one feels like, I don't know... gothic?

- People are welcome to have to own opinions and express them, I just find it really funny that the guys who are typically the most animated and visual (to the point of making custom t-shirts and such) about targeting Roman always are the guys who look like they couldn't hook up in a brothel.

- From a casual fan perspective, they could actually make Jinder into something legitimate (assuming he could deliver anything other than the same scripted promo - which I get the feeling he's afraid to do for fear of killing his push), but they're finding new and creative ways to botch his booking by eschewing common sense.

- For all the praise Smackdown gets, they sure have a nasty habit of starting storylines for mid-card guys and then just doing nothing with them (and by nothing, I mean not even showing the folks on TV).

- That said, this Fashion Police stuff is straight gold, and I for one marked out for the Arn "which way is catering?" moment - and you could totally tell that was a Billy Kidman influence (particularly since he was the one producing the show this week with Road Dogg off).  My bet at this point is that they string out the who kidnapped Dango bit till a Summerslam reveal and have it be Sanity coming up.

- Toronto, as a crowd, tries too hard to be Chicago... they're not Chicago, they should stop trying and just get their own thing.

- Roman and Braun stole the New Japan office chair spot and I totally didn't care because they executed it extremely well.  The referee on the other hand...

- Did Vince buy stock in shark cages recently?  This is the 3rd shark cage match in 2017... there have only been 8 months in 2017...

- Miz is going in the HOF when all is said and done.

- Cena's going to RAW post-Summerslam and we're going to get a Cena/Joe feud which I'm completely fine with.

On 8/2/2017 at 4:21 AM, titans0021 said:

That ending was pretty scary stuff. Naka immediately trying to get an eye on him and apologizing in the ring was something.

Just looked this up. There's some fear in Naka's eyes, lol. Can't find the AA though but I don't see Shinsuke selling much to be honest. 

Glad I am finally back to being able to post. I have literally zero friends that watch wrestling in real life, so thats why you get so many long posts. I let it all out here.

having said that, Why on earth does the WWE do everything it can to make every heel champ look completely weak as can be?

I am looking forward to Summer Slam. I think Lesnar wins. He is under contract until Wrestlemania, so no way they just remove him before then. The whole him leaving thing is just a gimmick. Or it could be true and they could write him off until survivor series and maybe make him a surprise member of team smackdown. 

Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Joe and Stroman vs Styles, KO, Nakamura, Corbin and......Brock Lesnar. it would make for some great TV. Problem is that they would want to advertise Lesnar for ratings, but for quality having him come out as a member of smackdown on the show itself would be golden. 

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Why on earth does the WWE do everything it can to make every heel champ look completely weak as can be?

I think KO still seems strong

Strowman definitely is strong, same with Somoa Joe. 

Having Randy go over Jinder was weird, unless Naka takes the title, then its just the beginning of his decent. 

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Having Randy go over Jinder was weird, unless Naka takes the title, then its just the beginning of his decent.

I don't know that Naka goes over at Summerslam, but my gut says he does and they hot potato the title back to Jinder during the India tour in September.

Put it this way, they're going to get Jinder out of the ME scene before Survivor Series.  They're not going to have him on the Smackdown Team (assuming they do the same tired bit they did last year) and it would look weird to not have a brand's world champion in the match if the other's was.  I don't necessarily think this is how they do it, but I'd have Nakamura carrying the belt into Survivor Series, have Corbin walk out on Team Smackdown, only to emerge later on after Nakamura has gotten the crap kicked out of him by Joe (and Strowman), and cash in MITB.

Gives you two options at that point - you can kayfabe injure Naka and have him as a "surprise" RR entrant.  Or you can have him get his return match on the RtWM and reclaim the belt after giving Corbin a 2-ish month reign to test him out at that level.  Realistically, I think I'd almost prefer they go the former and let AJ be the one to take the belt off Corbin (AJ's over and sin and Corbin doesn't lose much credibility losing the belt to the top babyface on the brand), then have Nakamura win the Rumble (it's in Philly, IIRC and that crowd would erupt on a nuclear level).

Archived