~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

3 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I didn't get it.  I haven't watched wrestling in a long time, and just started watching it again 3-4 weeks ago.   I understand the whole Bray Wyatt spiel.  I know the character, but I had no idea what was happening with Matt Hardy.  Is there something I'm missing?

Look up his Broken Matt Hardy run from TNA.

I just find it interesting (not trying to be a Richard, just calling it like I see it) that people gripe about WWE not building up/pushing the young guys, but at the same time a lot of the same people seem to gripe that 43 year old Matt Hardy is likely be only in the mid-card, all over a gimmick (albeit an entertaining one) they like.

On 12/7/2017 at 11:14 AM, jyod21 said:

I didn't get it.  I haven't watched wrestling in a long time, and just started watching it again 3-4 weeks ago.   I understand the whole Bray Wyatt spiel.  I know the character, but I had no idea what was happening with Matt Hardy.  Is there something I'm missing?

He got Broken in TNA. Became champ, then broke Jeff. Had a couple matches in his backyard. The one between he and Jeff was so "out there" that it was great. And the stuff Matt babbled the entire time was a riot. When leaving TNA. A big case battle came over the gimmick cause Matt wanted it in WWE. Now thats done with, hes breaking it out as the "Broken" character has "Woken" again. If you just started watching again. Youll enjoy what unfolds with the character. Its going to be bazaar if WWE only allows him some freedom with the character. Which they have a terrible history with, but I think this theyll allow so long as its popular and keeps fans wanting more.

On 12/9/2017 at 1:27 AM, The LBC said:

I just find it interesting (not trying to be a Richard, just calling it like I see it) that people gripe about WWE not building up/pushing the young guys, but at the same time a lot of the same people seem to gripe that 43 year old Matt Hardy is likely be only in the mid-card, all over a gimmick (albeit an entertaining one) they like.

GREAT IS GREAT 

Also, Chris Jericho is the most underrated talent of all time. You could tell in his last run of the past few years, he was doing things just to push himself/do things he hadn't before. I think the influx of all the indy stars revitalized him. ie: taking bumps on thumbtacks. The guy has nothing to prove but he goes out every night and puts on if not the best match of the night, the second match. 

Now he's co-headlining the biggest NJPW show of the year. The dude is doing unprecedented things and feels like he only does things to feel the achievement. How many times can you reinvent yourself and be better than before? 

I will not be surprised if Omega/Jericho is the best of Jericho's career. Can't even say enough about him, he's the greatest of all time at what he does. ;)

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Also, Chris Jericho is the most underrated talent of all time. You could tell in his last run of the past few years, he was doing things just to push himself/do things he hadn't before. I think the influx of all the indy stars revitalized him. ie: taking bumps on thumbtacks. The guy has nothing to prove but he goes out every night and puts on if not the best match of the night, the second match. 

Now he's co-headlining the biggest NJPW show of the year. The dude is doing unprecedented things and feels like he only does things to feel the achievement. How many times can you reinvent yourself and be better than before? 

I will not be surprised if Omega/Jericho is the best of Jericho's career. Can't even say enough about him, he's the greatest of all time at what he does. ;)

He's honestly my all time favorite and I think he is the best ever.

3 minutes ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

He's honestly my all time favorite and I think he is the best ever.

He's definitely my favorite but he seriously does not receive the recognition he deserves. How many top flight guys/living legends have been up and down the card as much as he has? He's a got damn work horse

32 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

He's definitely my favorite but he seriously does not receive the recognition he deserves. How many top flight guys/living legends have been up and down the card as much as he has? He's a got damn work horse

Yeah. I love his stuff in WCW too and then making the jump over to WWE was cool. The guy evolves all the time too and brings out new material that he gets over every time. He can be serious, he can be goofy, he is great in ring and great with character development. His mic work is great. I just really think he is one of the best ever to step foot in a ring.

Archived