~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

I like the idea of a woman's royal rumble match. I wonder if Charolette and Bliss are gonna compete in it. They could always do an angle where they want a shot at the others title. Just seems like a history making event like this needs those two in it. 

Asuka probably wins it though. 

I bet they do 20 woman. 

Womans rumble

Mena rumble

lesnar pinning Kane

its shaking up to be a solid pay per view 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I like the idea of a woman's royal rumble match. I wonder if Charolette and Bliss are gonna compete in it. They could always do an angle where they want a shot at the others title. Just seems like a history making event like this needs those two in it. 

Asuka probably wins it though. 

I bet they do 20 woman. 

Womans rumble

Mena rumble

lesnar pinning Kane

its shaking up to be a solid pay per view 

It'll be somewhere between 20 and 25 - they can bring in a couple of "Legends" the same way they do with the men's Rumble.  Could probably get Eve Torres in there, possibly Kelly Kelly, Lita (you know the crowd would mark out like no one's business), or let's be honest... Alundra Blayze is still in good enough shape she could likely work 5-10 minutes and an elimination or two in that match.

Plus, if they wanted to promote Sanity at Rumble, the easiest way (rather than sticking all three of the guys in the RR match) would be to debut Nikki Cross in the Women's Rumble, then debut the whole group on whatever show the lot of them are put on following the PPV (my bet would be Smackdown, mostly because they'd want to avoid any similarities with Killian and Brawn, given that Brawn's getting a top babyface push right now).

If the Rousey rumors are true, I expect her to be an entrant into this RR, setting up a match between her and Charlotte at WrestleMania.

WM Women's Matches:

Asuka vs. Paige(c)

Rousey vs. Charlotte(c)

-Bra & Panties Match: Mandy Rose vs. Lana

This RR is shaping up to be pretty unpredictable IMO. It was much more predictable without two separate shows IMO. I think Lesnar and Styles are going to be the champs at WM for their respective shows. My surprise pick? Kevin Owens winning for Team Smackdown.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If the Rousey rumors are true, I expect her to be an entrant into this RR, setting up a match between her and Charlotte at WrestleMania.

WM Women's Matches:

Asuka vs. Paige(c)

Rousey vs. Charlotte(c)

-Bra & Panties Match: Mandy Rose vs. Lana

This RR is shaping up to be pretty unpredictable IMO. It was much more predictable without two separate shows IMO. I think Lesnar and Styles are going to be the champs at WM for their respective shows. My surprise pick? Kevin Owens winning for Team Smackdown.

i was thinking the same thing about Kevin Owens winning the Rumble

probably something where Shane makes him #1 and he slides under the rope and hides most of the time

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

i was thinking the same thing about Kevin Owens winning the Rumble

probably something where Shane makes him #1 and he slides under the rope and hides most of the time

Don't even have to go that chickencrap.  What they ought to do, because (and pretty sure Bruce Pritchard covered this on his Jake the Snake podcast) it was an absolutely spot-on bit of psychology, is to do what Jake Roberts did in one Rumble where he just sits in the corner and lets others fight it out while he watches and conserves his energy.

14 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

The only reason this would tick me off is you just made a big to-do about how these women have had a revolution and evolution to EARN the opportunity to be raised another step on the level with the men (wherein they have their own Royal Rumble match) and your inaugural winner is an outsider in her first professional wrestling match?  Logically, that undercuts the entire Women's Movement - it's a lower blow than bringing back Batista and making him the intended/eventual RR winner because at least Batista had a history in the company as a former multi-time champion and veteran.

Going to really depend on who is the one booking the match and the women in general.  Honestly, I don't think Vince really cares about the girls outside of their ability to make him money.  But, I think that's what has allowed Hunter and Steph to have more influence on the Womens' Divisions.  The same way that I just didn't see it as reasonable for them to let Shayna Baisler outright win the Inaugural Mae Young Classic (had it been the 2nd or 3rd time doing the tournament, sure, but not the inaugural), I don't see it as reasonable for Ronda to win the Inaugural Womens Rumble.  One of the final 2-4 women in the match?  Absolutely.  But the smart money says this win likely goes to Charlotte (if she's in the match), Asuka, or Nia (who they've been giving some - sometimes against-logic - shine to lately almost presenting in a pseudo-babyface manner similar to the build Braun got).

Ultimately, Ronda's going to be on a Brock schedule - another ultimate part-timer.  Vince has tended to want to use these "inaugural" winners as launching points for future world champions and brand flag-bearers (e.g. at the time Duggan won the first actual Royal Rumble, he was being groomed as an eventual World Champion until he and Iron Sheik got arrested; the very first King of the Ring was Bret Hart who went on to be a company standard-bearer; first Ironman Match winner: Shawn Michaels getting his first World Title; first MITB winner: Edge; first Elimination Chamber winner: Shawn Michaels).

On 12/18/2017 at 8:24 AM, TheMonarch1110 said:

Solid PPV. Nothing crazy spectacular. Ziggler winning was cool and unexpected. Tag title match was the best. Love how over Rusev Day was. Hopefully something can come out of it and we can keep seeing him. I love it.

Was hoping so too but they ruined that the very next night by not building off of his face reaction that he got from the crowd on the PPV. His face-type personality has started to resonate with the fans - myself included (whether that was their initial intentions or not) and it was the best reaction from the crowd that I've ever seen him get(heel or face) and so far, I'm more interested in him than I ever have because of it.

I just hope that the writers are noticing these things and use it to their advantage. They could have Aiden(who would be a terrible baby-face) turn his back on Rusev and ave nice mid-card feud heading into Royal Rumble as an opening match. This would get Rusev over while also raising Aiden's heat as a heel. 

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Was hoping so too but they ruined that the very next night by not building off of his face reaction that he got from the crowd on the PPV. His face-type personality has started to resonate with the fans - myself included (whether that was their initial intentions or not) and it was the best reaction from the crowd that I've ever seen him get(heel or face) and so far, I'm more interested in him than I ever have because of it.

I just hope that the writers are noticing these things and use it to their advantage. They could have Aiden(who would be a terrible baby-face) turn his back on Rusev and ave nice mid-card feud heading into Royal Rumble as an opening match. This would get Rusev over while also raising Aiden's heat as a heel. 

I think they'll start leaning him more baby face, but slowly. They did that Santa and snowman gimmick type match and it was teetering towards baby face more, imo. I think it'll happen.
I really love SD's tag division. There are so many teams that can keep it interesting and so many good matches week in and out.

Usos
New Day
Rusev Day
Breezango
Bludgeon Brothers
Gable/Benjamin
Ascension

It seems all of them have some type of role on the show. Big or small. Then we have KO/Sami even though they are more in the main event scene, but it makes for a lot of good tag matches.
Raw has a lot of tag talent too, but it seems like they only want to showcase Shield/Bar. Which is fine. They have great matches. There is so much more talent for them to utilize there though too.

13 minutes ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

I think they'll start leaning him more baby face, but slowly. They did that Santa and snowman gimmick type match and it was teetering towards baby face more, imo. I think it'll happen.
I really love SD's tag division. There are so many teams that can keep it interesting and so many good matches week in and out.

Usos
New Day
Rusev Day
Breezango
Bludgeon Brothers
Gable/Benjamin
Ascension

It seems all of them have some type of role on the show. Big or small. Then we have KO/Sami even though they are more in the main event scene, but it makes for a lot of good tag matches.
Raw has a lot of tag talent too, but it seems like they only want to showcase Shield/Bar. Which is fine. They have great matches. There is so much more talent for them to utilize there though too.

You forgot the Colons, then again, so has the WWE.

I really wish the Universal Title match wasn't so predictable. Hell, the whole year.

Good choice with Owens, but with him and AJ feuding so recently, I don't see it happening. Could market it as AJ being the face of SD Live vs KO the guy who doesn't have any loyalty. 

So, I guess Ambrose is going to be out for a significant amount of time? Feel bad for him. I've never been much of a fan of his, but I was interested to see where this storyline was headed. I imagined Ambrose would eventually turn on Rollins to setup a feud around WM or maybe SummerSlam. He definitely needed a heel turn as I felt his character was stale. Wonder what this means for Rollins heading into WM.

Archived