~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

On 1/3/2018 at 10:49 AM, tom cody said:

I like Reigns/Lesnar at WM 34 to be champ vs. champ ala Hogan/Warrior at WM 6. Reigns wins the main title and vacates the IC title to allow for a tournament. 

I love the tourneys but I doubt the do it right after a US Tourney 

they should bring back kind of the ring 

Chris tells that he was on tour with Fozzy and postponed a VIP meet and greet while waiting for Vince to call him.

“I am like [MOD EDIT] my pants, like I feel like my dad’s calling me after I wrecked the car or something, you know? Answer the phone. A couple bad jokes to kick it off. I tell him, ‘Listen... I got a call from New Japan. There’s this guy called Kenny Omega, Winnipeg guy, really great performer. They want me to work there, their Tokyo Dome match against him at the Tokyo Dome show.’

“And it was not a long call and... right from the start he said ‘You have to do it. Absolutely.’ He goes, ‘This is great. This is great for you. It’s great for me.’ He goes, ‘Every one knows you’re a WWE guy. You’re flying the flag there anyways. It gonna be like here comes Chris Jericho of the WWE to face the top guy in Japan.’

Jericho and Omega going 40+ minutes.

As far as MOTY candidates might go. Jericho, Omega... You just made the list!

19 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Jericho and Omega going 40+ minutes.

As far as MOTY candidates might go. Jericho, Omega... You just made the list!

You thought it was that good? I enjoyed it, but Idt it would crack my top 10.

Naito and Okada was the match of the night imo. Extremely good match but enjoyed others more. Okada is gonna be the GOAT.

Overall, it was a good but underwhelming show.

4 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Naito and Okada was the match of the night imo. Extremely good match but enjoyed others more. Okada is gonna be the GOAT.

Posted that before the match. Havent watched it yet. Towers must be on emergency or something, only getting 20kbs service atm with this blizzard hammering.

On 1/2/2018 at 5:35 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

The Royal rumble is my favorite match of the year but it kinda sucks that Bliss and Charolette won’t be in it. Also 30 seems like a lot for the ladies when the roster only run so about 15 deep, so I’m guess there will be a few scrubs, a few former stars and a few NXT call ups. I’m still looking forward to it. 

On the men’s side of things. Man they have rebuilt Roman Reigns. Fans are actually cheering for him now. I think it’s obvious that a smackdown member either Nakamura or Owens will win the rumble. Ok actually it’s a given that no one on the raw roster has a chance. Which kind of sucks. It’s equally obvious that there will be an elimination chamber match to determine the #1 contender from raw.....which also means that Lesnar will only wrestle once this year before mania. 

My guess is it’s Reigns, Stroman, Joe, Balor, Wyatt and Hardy. All though I would like to see maybe the Miz and Elias get those last two spots. 

As long as Jindal Mahal doesn’t win the rumble it should be good. 

Granted it’s lost a step since it’s no longer about THE main event at mania. 

What are the odds they would let Charolette vs Asuka go last at mania?

Agreed. The Royal Rumble is the greatest match of the year and this time we get two! About time the women got one also IMO.

With Owens and Zayn facing AJ now I assume they won't be in the Rumble which to me if a SD wrestler is going to win, it has to be Nakamura. AJ vs Shinsuke would be electric at WM. Assuming Owens or Zayn isn't the champion. 

I do like how Sami Zayn has been rebuilt to main event status. Absolutely wasted on Raw and it looked like he was headed the same way on SD before turning heel. Owens and Zayn are really good right now. 

And really intrigued as to where the Bryan/Shane story goes. Bryan looks to be the one turning heel which is the best option but it also feels like Bryan is the one making sense. Shane does hold a grudge against Owens and Zayn and tries to use his authority against them but because they're heels it makes him out to be a face when he really isn't. He's doing heel stuff against heels whereas Bryan is subtly trying to balance things out whilst slowly turning heel. Should be interesting stuff.

Raw and Smackdown have been decent to watch recently. Hopefully it continues into Mania season.

Jericho Omega was a killer match. 34 mins, 36 secs. With the whole last 15 mins having a TON of false finish points. Which even I thought it would be over with a couple of times. Like after the first Fallen Angel hit, due to the buildup for it. Buildup to each false finish was solid. WWE hasnt had a match that good in ages, and it should of been the match Jericho-AJ should of been allowed to produce instead of WWDisnEy styled.

Cody and Brandi should of been allowed in the E. They waste Mike and Maria (has to be sorry he signed) and wasted Cody and Brandi. Cause both were stuck in deadend, ridiculous nonsense and were refused to be let out of it.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:49 AM, PFM18 said:

Agreed. The Royal Rumble is the greatest match of the year and this time we get two! About time the women got one also IMO.

With Owens and Zayn facing AJ now I assume they won't be in the Rumble which to me if a SD wrestler is going to win, it has to be Nakamura. AJ vs Shinsuke would be electric at WM. Assuming Owens or Zayn isn't the champion. 

I do like how Sami Zayn has been rebuilt to main event status. Absolutely wasted on Raw and it looked like he was headed the same way on SD before turning heel. Owens and Zayn are really good right now. 

And really intrigued as to where the Bryan/Shane story goes. Bryan looks to be the one turning heel which is the best option but it also feels like Bryan is the one making sense. Shane does hold a grudge against Owens and Zayn and tries to use his authority against them but because they're heels it makes him out to be a face when he really isn't. He's doing heel stuff against heels whereas Bryan is subtly trying to balance things out whilst slowly turning heel. Should be interesting stuff.

Raw and Smackdown have been decent to watch recently. Hopefully it continues into Mania season.

Roman Reigns was in it last year after losing the title match to Owens 

On 1/4/2018 at 5:04 PM, pollino14 said:

Pretty much my feelings.  People on Twitter are hyping it to no end and blowing smoke up Chris' backside about it being the best match of his career (it's not; I'd argue it's not even his best match in Japan, but I don't know if there's still video floating around online of his blowoff match with Gedo before he left to go to WCW) or the best since Steamboat/Savage (likely posted by someone who wasn't even born when S/S happened).  It's the best match he's had since his before he was rocking scarves and a LiteBrite jacket (so in some time), but yeah, this match ultimately delivered for me like Jericho/AJ did: It was too over-hype-able in my mind to ever live up.

I had Naito/Okada and Cody/Ibushi as better matches if you're scoring to consider pacing/booking/selling and working (in terms of both the ring work and working the crowd), and had Jericho/Omega on the level with the Jr. Heavyweight title Fourway (which I thought had potential to be a show stealer, but came up a little short, though the booking leading into it was stellar, particularly the back-and-forth between Scurll and Ospreay).

Also, NJPW's gimmick tables are hilarious and not necessarily in a good way (seeing the innards because guys like Omega do moves going through them that expose the gimmick versus when they are put through them - and it being totally clear that they're made of compressed cardboard).

Honestly, though, in spite of Bubba's last ride being a letdown of a match (which sadly could have been saved big time had the Briscos not botched the 3D through the table in not actually breaking the table) and the Bucks (per usual) taking a good thing too far in their match, Final Battle was a better show bell-to-bell than Wrestle Kingdom 12 was.

Archived