~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

I think they might be slowly building Sasha into being a "record setting champ". Idk what the record would be but she's going to probably be like a 7 or 8 time woman's champion by the time it's all said and done. 

Meanwhile Charolette and Becky Lynch have been buried on smackdown. 

I really want to know if Cena and Reigns were sticking to the script or if Cena went off script and reigns legit forgot his lines. 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Charlotte was featured just fine until her father was in a medically-induced coma and fighting for his life.

Seriously, people.  Learn what the word "buried" actually means in the parlance of pro wrestling and use it correctly, or just find a different word.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think they might be slowly building Sasha into being a "record setting champ". Idk what the record would be but she's going to probably be like a 7 or 8 time woman's champion by the time it's all said and done. 

I really want to know if Cena and Reigns were sticking to the script or if Cena went off script and reigns legit forgot his lines. 

From what I read and heard, everything was scripted except Roman forgetting his lines and Cena with that one line after Roman forgot.

I still can't believe we are over 100 days into the reign of Jindal Mahal 

dead serious question: Has there ever been in the histrory of WWE a champion like him?

hes over 100 days with the belt, 4 pay per view victories, none clean and has been consistently beaten in non title matches. 

The guy was literally a jobber who's biggest storyline was he was following Rusev around for a month or two getting beat by Enzo and Cass. 

I mean he's decent on the promo but man it's why smackdown is the lesser of two shows and it's why the WWE title is lesser than the Universal title 

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I still can't believe we are over 100 days into the reign of Jindal Mahal 

dead serious question: Has there ever been in the histrory of WWE a champion like him?

hes over 100 days with the belt, 4 pay per view victories, none clean and has been consistently beaten in non title matches. 

The guy was literally a jobber who's biggest storyline was he was following Rusev around for a month or two getting beat by Enzo and Cass. 

I mean he's decent on the promo but man it's why smackdown is the lesser of two shows and it's why the WWE title is lesser than the Universal title 

They do need to have Jinder come off looking a little stronger in matches, even if he does need help to win. Dont know what you mean by "Champion like him." But Im enjoying his reign. He has the chops to feud words with anyone. Not seeing SD as the lesser of the 2 shows, cause thats all personal preference. I recorded and watched all 3 hours of Raw in 15 mins last night, thats what that show has become to me. While I do watch SD.

32 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They do need to have Jinder come off looking a little stronger in matches, even if he does need help to win. Dont know what you mean by "Champion like him." But Im enjoying his reign. He has the chops to feud words with anyone. Not seeing SD as the lesser of the 2 shows, cause thats all personal preference. I recorded and watched all 3 hours of Raw in 15 mins last night, thats what that show has become to me. While I do watch SD.

I meant that he was a jobber one week and a long term champ the next week, all the while still being a jobber. He's a jobber champion 

3 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

From what I read and heard, everything was scripted except Roman forgetting his lines and Cena with that one line after Roman forgot.

Yup.  I'd read the same.  And honestly Cena did right by him (Roman) by going at him for forgetting the lines.  My hope is actually that with Roman working Cena in this feud, we might actually see Cena rub off on Roman (or even at least take him under his wing a little).  Besides the heavy-handed approach the Vince and the writers took with him since spinning him off separately, I do think part of where they've done him some disservice is not having him feud with a promo-strong vet outside of Triple H.  Big Show wasn't that.  Bray's promos are unique and certainly weren't going to really help Roman mold his ability to improvise.  Seth wasn't that.  Neither is Rusev.  Taker was barely ever on RAW and wasn't on the road with him when they were feuding.  Same with Heyman when Roman was feuding with Brock.  Probably the closest thing Roman got to that was some small combination of Owens and Jericho, and Owens isn't exactly known for his great willingness to reach out and help guys who aren't in his immediate circle (not to mention KO is more or less Triple H's boy, while Roman and the Shield guys are more Vince's).

It's fairly well known that the three Shield guys all ride together (along with Cesaro), but neither Dean or Seth are really going to be able to help Roman with his improvisation (Seth struggles with it himself and Dean's good, but his still isn't something that would benefit Roman).  Cena is an extremely regimented creature, but he's not without good ideas himself, and he could be the sort of thing/mentor Roman could really use.

This is the sort of thing where I do feel like sometimes the Development Center does a bit of a disservice to the folks who come in who are brought up largely from scratch at the Center and haven't done the rounds working the indies.  The get them zeroed in on "a character" and they become too centered on that character rather than being themselves turned up to 11, which makes them ultimately more dependent on the script.  I'm hoping that Corino will have a positive effect on changing that, but ultimately what helps fix it the most is what worked, for the most part, in the territory days... mentorships with well-honed vets.  (Granted, Cesaro is more of a vet in terms of time in the industry than him, but) This is something, for as much grief as people give him, that Sheamus has actually helped Cesaro with over the past 6 months, I've felt.  Heck, look no further than Breezango helping the Ascension look like they actually have personalities for more proof.  Going even further back, when Kofi started actually no being Jamaican and actually talking with fairly decent promo skills (when given the chance) that pretty much coincided with when he and CM Punk started riding together.

Guys like Roode (and Eric Young if/when he comes up) can be invaluable in this capacity.  So can Corey Graves (just in terms of a mentor-that-you-travel-with and puts you through your paces thing).  Similarly, Miz, which is why if he ends up in a feud with Jason Jordan, I'm not really disappointed, because he the kind of promo, demeanor, not-being-so-vanilla kind of mentor (and willing to offer constructive criticism) that Jordan could benefit from.  it's another reason why I wish they'd elevate Kassius Ohno to the main roster (Hero is never going to have the kind of build that Vince would get behind as anything more than a midcarder), but he would almost assuredly ride with Cesaro (and possibly by effect with Roman), but he's also someone who can really help new guys coming up to the roster develop their promo and improv skills while feuding with them.  He gets things similar to the way that Graves does in that, you find a few (somewhat abstract) actual things from the guy's life outside wrestling (doesn't have to be personal, could be totally anecdotal) and you keep them in your pocket as digs that you can work in to the scripted stuff that's given to you.  (Note: Graves is notorious for ribbing Tom Phillips and Saxton with this sort of stuff, typically gaffs that they've made on Instagram or other social media.)

Jinder's a horrible champion. Can't fathom why making him the champ was ever considered a good idea in the 1st place. It's alright to want to grow in a country but noone should be champ solely based upon where they are from. Jinder's 100 days in and has given anyone any reason why he should be champ. To me Mahal was a jobber before he became champ and he's still a jobber now. 

15 hours ago, titans0021 said:

So just how bad is the all flash Ziggler going to end up being? I'm intrigued, but I know that the best case scenario is him simply doing what he's done the last couple years and putting over the newest NXT call up (Roode).

There's a part of me that thinks this is going to be a riff on the earliest incarnation of smiling, LiteBrite jacket Jericho - which I honestly wouldn't mind particularly if it actually led to a feud with Jericho in the relative future, because that could both benefit Dolph and be a hell of an entertaining feud.

Archived