~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

9 hours ago, tom cody said:

Dolph/Jericho would indeed be a fun feud. Help Dolph regain some momentum IMO.

Realistically though, I think "All-Flash" Dolph is going to end up being Roode's first actual feud.  We might get a Jericho feud from him later on, but with the hints Dolph was dropping (and you know that stuff was scripted, even if he can manage to deliver scripted stuff like it's not), it pretty much seems to telegraph Roode.  But I'd expect him to continue to complain in backstage segments for at least another 3-4 weeks before every actually doing something playing the "Just wait..." card.

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

Realistically though, I think "All-Flash" Dolph is going to end up being Roode's first actual feud.  We might get a Jericho feud from him later on, but with the hints Dolph was dropping (and you know that stuff was scripted, even if he can manage to deliver scripted stuff like it's not), it pretty much seems to telegraph Roode.  But I'd expect him to continue to complain in backstage segments for at least another 3-4 weeks before every actually doing something playing the "Just wait..." card.

I was impressed by the way he managed to sell the scripted stuff. I'm sure it helps when you're able to at least partially believe what you're saying and not just being given the most generic lines humanly possible (see face Seth Rollins).

With that said, yeah, this probably ends with a feud with Roode. Which has the potential to be good, but obviously ends like every other Dolph feud ends. The obvious concern being that the new all flash Ziggler is really only built for the feud with Roode and he'll disappear for a bit afterwards and any changes will be dropped. He'll certainly do the backstage segments for at least another couple weeks, but he's doing them well and the frustrated Ziggler leading into whatever gimmick change he's in store for can work.

It'd be great if it all didn't fall flat. Though it's probably going to fall flat. At least as soon as the Roode feud is over.

4 hours ago, tom cody said:

Yeah, to me the biggest problem with the WWE is poor talent utilization. They have an embarrassment of riches as talents but yet they only know how to do a select few. It's a shame that all this wonderful talent is going to waste.

Why its good all these other places are starting to blow up big. Some have to be able to see they can go a route like Cody and continue to make a very nice living. 5 different promotions with TV deals here.

12 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I was impressed by the way he managed to sell the scripted stuff. I'm sure it helps when you're able to at least partially believe what you're saying and not just being given the most generic lines humanly (see face Seth Rollins).

With that said, yeah, this probably ends with a feud with Roode. Which has the potential to be good, but obviously ends like every other Dolph feud ends. The obvious concern being that the new all flash Ziggler is really only built for the feud with Roode and he'll disappear for a bit afterwards and any changes will be dropped. He'll certainly do the backstage segments for at least another couple weeks, but he's doing them well and the frustrated Ziggler leading into whatever gimmick change he's in store for can work.

It'd be great if it all didn't fall flat. Though it's probably going to fall flat. At least as soon as the Roode feud is over.

Depends on how they handle it.

I know this will upset people, but there had been rumblings that Vince might consider changing Roode's theme song and ditching "Glorious" because it's a straight up babyface theme, especially when the live audience is singing along with it.  There's no huge rush to do it because, like AJ, it's going to take both Roode and creative probably around 4-5 months to reach common ground on his character - and within that whether he's a heel or face.  It's the "AJ's a pitbull," "Shinsuke is 'The Artist,'" period.  Roode has potential of a heel WWE Champion that few, if any, currently on the Smackdown roster have right now - Owens is a maybe, but as much of a KO fan as I am, Roode just flat out looks the part more.  If the plan (we don't know that this is the plan, but the fact that they've teased it but not hotshotted it far is good reason to think it is) is for AJ/Naka at Mania with AJ going over.  I'd bet dollars to donuts that Roode is the guy to take the belt off AJ.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Why its good all these other places are starting to blow up big. Some have to be able to see they can go a route like Cody and continue to make a very nice living. 5 different promotions with TV deals here.

That's the thing though, that's not necessarily the sentiment among some.  Seth did a podcast two weeks ago and he was talking about how, while all the veterans from the AE are saying that guys of his era, "Need to just take more chances (veering off-script)," a lot of their guys don't see it as that easy because when the AE guys were running, there was competition in town in the form of WCW.

Seth's worked Japan some, but not to the degree that it's blown up to now.  And a lot of the guys who come through the PC, it seems, have a tendency to get too comfortable.  Maybe for some of them it's because they don't want to have to go back to that life of setting up their bookings, arranging all their long-term travel.  Have to remember that for Cody that was something new (and a little exciting because it was new) because he'd never come up as an independent guy - save for when he was a teenager in Atlanta in a couple gym shows because he was "Dusty's kid."  Also, not a one of those television deals are comparable to what WWE has (POP TV and Fight Network are bottomfeeders, Sinclair Broadcasting has effectively come out and said they're not putting wrestling on WGN-America because they're going to angle it towards more conservative programming, Lucha does well with the Netflix deal now, but multiple talents have said they don't really payout that TV or Netflix money much to the talent.

I agree, these guys need to hone characters more, there are several recent examples of guys making visible choices to run with the questionable characters/gimmicks given to them and turning it into something fantastic because they were willing to take a chance (and they, particularly in the case of Breezango, realized what kind of stuff was going to pop Vince, so they threw in that stuff intermingled with playing around with other things that allowed them to get the characters they wanted - and that they found fun - over).

On 8/29/2017 at 3:54 PM, The LBC said:

Anyone delve into the first 4 episodes of the Mae Young Classic yet?

Pretty sure we already know that Candice LeRae is signing with NXT, probably safe to assume that Toni Storm, Mia Yim (Jade - in a total Gail Kim tribute character which is cool to see), Dakota Kai, Rhea Ripley, Kairi Sane, and Marti Belle are signed in some capacity (plus we already know that Shayna Baszler, Bianca Belair, Abbey Laith, and others have already been working NXT).

Billie and Peyton and then the likes of Aliyah/Noop and Liv Morgan ought to be worried, because they could get passed up in a hurry.  As is, there's enough talent coming out of this that they could promote Ember now, send up Nikki Cross as soon as their ready to greenlight Sanity as a whole for promotion, and send up Asuka (I'd bet whoever wins the Classic is who ends up ending her streak) once she's back from injury and pops off one more feud... probably post-Mania so they get the pre-Mania TakeOver as her sendoff, and they'd be fine for another two years worth of solid women's action in NXT.  There's probably a couple you could realistically send straight up to the main roster if they wanted, because some already have their characters well in hand like Storm, Belle, and Yim.

Kinda upset no one has responded to this yet. I have found the MYC to be very hit or miss thus with mostly solid action. Matches are definitely not predictable save maybe Candice's and Shayna's. Really impressed with some of the green talent Like Rhea Ripley and Dakota Kai. SUPER impressed by the showing Lacey Evans had, how has she not been pushed in NXT yet?

I wish NXT would do more with Billie and Peyton. They had two girls who werent improving and were bottoming out, put them together, and saw them go from bubble talent to prominent members of the roster. Those two have improved every facet of their craft and they don't have a whole lot to show for it. Part of that might be Asuka just completely dominating the spotlight with neither Billie or Peyton right to end the streak (although having them pull a shady move to steal the title would have been COMPELLING had they not gone in a more heal direction with Asuka). They have started to plateau but I do think if they are given more room to grow they can be legit main roster talent. 

LBC, your comment on Hero coming to the main roster as a mentor to teach how to work character reminds me of last summer when I saw him beat kimber lee (as she was feuding with irl boyfriend jt dunn, his tag team partner in czw/indies???) 

After the match, he takes the mic and first thing he says, he goes "Sometimes, you have a match with someone and afterwards, you just have to tip your hat. Yeah... this wasn't one of those effing times" then he goes onto put over JT dunn 

It was too good. He'd definitely be a big help to a lot of guys. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We need more Monday night wars but at this point unless several guys like Cena jumped ship there isn't anyone that can come close to the level of WWE

If the owners of ROH would open the checkbook. They could contend with what they could get and using the networks they own.

Plus, they need to remember what were some of the most watched segments in wrestling history. The women. The pushing PG-13 to the limit with gravy matches, B&P matches, bikini contest and such. Sable use to drive ratings through the roof, and it got people to watch the rest of the product over WCW. Then WCW had to bring in Stacy, Torrie and all to match.

Issue there is WWE have had no interest in working with other wrestling companies for a long time now.

It would be great if WWE did something with say New Japan. Trading talent so they could remain fresh working in different companies, but it would never happen.

WWE does have some sort of relationship with EVOLVE, which IIRC is how guys like Gargano and Ciampa got into WWE.

There was talk of WWE putting other companies shows on the Network, but no idea where that's going.

(Side Note: Cory Graves is replacing JBL on Smackdown as commentator. No idea if he's still doing Raw also. Nigel McGuinness will be doing 205 Live.)

Archived