~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

If the idea is for Lesnar to reign for a year and for Roman reigns to knock him off at SummerSlam, then why are they making Lesnar look so weak? He struggled with joe, he was taken out on a stretcher at summer slam and tonight he was basically squashed by Stroman until the end. Seems like it's not gonna build up reigns much to beat him. 

Surely they wont headline wrestlemania with such an obvious finish to the main event 

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If the idea is for Lesnar to reign for a year and for Roman reigns to knock him off at SummerSlam, then why are they making Lesnar look so weak? He struggled with joe, he was taken out on a stretcher at summer slam and tonight he was basically squashed by Stroman until the end. Seems like it's not gonna build up reigns much to beat him. 

Surely they wont headline wrestlemania with such an obvious finish to the main event 

That's exactly what they're doing, and it's going to get destroyed by the crowd.

I don't get it, Reigns doesn't need the Lesnar win. He just beat Cena clean, and retired the freakin Undertaker at WrestleMania!!! Give that win to someone else!

4 hours ago, pollino14 said:

That's exactly what they're doing, and it's going to get destroyed by the crowd.

I don't get it, Reigns doesn't need the Lesnar win. He just beat Cena clean, and retired the freakin Undertaker at WrestleMania!!! Give that win to someone else!

Don't underestimate Vince's hard on for Roman.

I mean, if they're not going to put Stroman over Lesnar, then I can't see them having anyone else going over Lesnar besides Roman. And that will likely happen at WM. I don't hate Roman like many do, but four years in a row main eventing WM? That'd be way too much for anyone, let alone Roman.

50 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Don't underestimate Vince's hard on for Roman.

I mean, if they're not going to put Stroman over Lesnar, then I can't see them having anyone else going over Lesnar besides Roman. And that will likely happen at WM. I don't hate Roman like many do, but four years in a row main eventing WM? That'd be way too much for anyone, let alone Roman.

I like Roman a lot, I just think their 'plan' for him is ridiculous.

The guy kicked out of 4 AAs... one from the second rope, and two in a row... that's ridiculous. 

I'm trying to watch no mercy right now before work. I'm thinking the WWE has a strong problem with their match finishes. Miz finishes in the same way all of the Mahal matches do/did. Wyatt needed that win but loses clean again. Ambrose kicks out of everything but Sheamus loses to one finisher. 

Annnnd that's where I'm at. 

6 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I like Roman a lot, I just think their 'plan' for him is ridiculous.

The guy kicked out of 4 AAs... one from the second rope, and two in a row... that's ridiculous. 

Engh.  There was a certain irony in him "Cena'ing" Cena.

That said, prepare yourselves for a Shield reunion.  It's almost certainly happening now.  We'll end up getting Shield versus either Mizterage or some other triumvirate at TLC, likely in a TLC match.

44 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Engh.  There was a certain irony in him "Cena'ing" Cena.

That said, prepare yourselves for a Shield reunion.  It's almost certainly happening now.  We'll end up getting Shield versus either Mizterage or some other triumvirate at TLC, likely in a TLC match.

That's what the rumor is. God I hope it's true, The Shield vs Mizteroge (sp) lol so bad

6 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm trying to watch no mercy right now before work. I'm thinking the WWE has a strong problem with their match finishes. Miz finishes in the same way all of the Mahal matches do/did. Wyatt needed that win but loses clean again. Ambrose kicks out of everything but Sheamus loses to one finisher. 

Forgot about the Wyatt/Balor match. Absolutely agree that Wyatt should have won. I guess they truly don't care about making Wyatt seem legitimate anymore. They could have had Wyatt win this match and then have Balor win the next. It's sad that things were looking so promising for Wyatt earlier this year and now they're giving him the same treatment they gave him before his extremely brief title run.

On 8/29/2017 at 3:30 AM, The LBC said:

I will say this about the Roman/Cena feud.  If they book this correctly, they could legitimately start build hype for Mania NOW.  There were rumors floating about coming out of Summer Slam that now the plan has shifted from Roman/Cena to Roman/Lesnar (again), and we'll probably have a good idea of how that goes in a combination of how this No Mercy match plays out and then through Survivor Series.

Even if they don't do a Roman heel turn, putting Cena over here and having Roman having to build back towards a Mania rematch would tease enough people that a heel turn could be on the horizon to drive a steady stream of Mania views on its own (even though, were it to happen, the most logical place to do it would be the RAW after Mania after Roman had won and Cena just rolled out of the ring, quietly applauding as he backed up the ramp while Roman posed, and then Cena makes a big to-do on RAW about Roman finally stepping up and earning that spot only to get decked by Roman).

it's weird, it almost feels like they decided to give Cena the material that Heyman and Brock would have used on Roman for a feud, particularly if the aim would have been to pass the belt to Roman and set up an eventual Mania match against Cena (the "Roman has to prove he's not a Bootleg Cena" match/feud).  Either way, I think we're probably looking at four guys where some combination of 2 & 2 are going to amount to two Mania matches, those guys being Roman, Cena, Brock, and Joe.  in other words, either we get Roman/Cena 2 and Brock/Joe 2 at Mania or we get Roman/Brock 2 and Cena/Joe. 

I could totally see them having Reigns take the belt off Lesnar and do Cena/Reigns 2 at WrestleMania. It would be the perfect time and place for Cena to get his historic 17th world title reign, the writing is on the wall.

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

WWE still constructing matches like its 1987. All these other companies putting up matches that could be candidates for MOTY monthly. And WWE is stuck with the formula of 9-11 min spot fest, where the good guys kick out of everything, and baddies kick out of nothing, and need help to win anything.

Archived