~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

15 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

To be fair we do have a tables, ladders and chairs match.

I get that, but I dont understand why Kalisto vs Enzo isnt a ladder match or Bliss vs James a chairs match or Wyatt vs Balor a tables match.

The Universal champion hasnt even been mentioned, and The tag belts and IC belts are not being defended.

They have literally decided to pass on this event and sell it as the Shield Reunion, even going as far as to make it an impossible 5 on 3 match that we all know the Shield is going to win. 

Its disappointing after they elevated No Mercy to almost big 4 status. 

Yeah, I'm bummed about that since I'm going. I'm also going to wonder how they are going to have the Shield win, I mean, Kane can take the pin easily, but how do you not make the likes of Cesaro and Sheamus, and Braun Strauman look somewhat weak? The Miz is supposed to look a little weak, but that's his charm.

9 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, I'm bummed about that since I'm going. I'm also going to wonder how they are going to have the Shield win, I mean, Kane can take the pin easily, but how do you not make the likes of Cesaro and Sheamus, and Braun Strauman look somewhat weak? The Miz is supposed to look a little weak, but that's his charm.

Couple different ways this could work out to be honest.

Kane could turn and start something with Braun - the only excuse he really needs is that Braun "injured" Big Show; realistically Kane's not getting boo'ed at this stage in his career.  And he gives another big guy that Braun can work with.

Or probably the most logical is that someone on Miz's team "accidentally" triggers Braun who lays waste to EVERYONE and just walks out, making it 3 on 4 which is a more manageable situation.

Also, I'm kind of glad there's no tables match, no ladders match, etc.  They do these damn gimmick PPV's to death to the point that it's oversaturated.  This puts more juice in the main event which is proper booking - otherwise you have guys doing table spots, chair spots, and ladder spots that take the shine off your ME guys in their ME match.

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Couple different ways this could work out to be honest.

Kane could turn and start something with Braun - the only excuse he really needs is that Braun "injured" Big Show; realistically Kane's not getting boo'ed at this stage in his career.  And he gives another big guy that Braun can work with.

Or probably the most logical is that someone on Miz's team "accidentally" triggers Braun who lays waste to EVERYONE and just walks out, making it 3 on 4 which is a more manageable situation.

I would be cool with both of those. Though, I think that the idea of Kane/Braun program sounds good right now. Let him continue to beat down the previous era's monsters to show that he's taken over for them.

Card Predictions:

Shield vs The Rest of the Roster - Shield

Mickie James vs Alexa Bliss - Alexa Bliss

Asuka vs Emma - Asuka

Kalisto vs Enzo Amore - Enzo Amore (I can see them keeping it with Kalisto but Enzo would be a better option as champ and keep people watching if Neville is gone for good)

Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann vs Jack Gallagher & The Brian Kendrick - I'm going to go with Gallagher & The Brian Kendrick

Alicia Fox vs Sasha Banks - Sasha Banks

It feels like they need a bit more on that card. The Shield vs Everyone match is going to take a while, but Asuka and Emma shouldn't take that long, and Alicia Fox and Sasha Banks is pre-show match.

Oh yeah, definitely wasn't on the list I looked at when doing my predictions. That's a "great" match. I'll be curious to see how it goes. I fully expect "The Demon" to win, but if Bray Wyatt won as "Sister Abigail" that would be interesting in terms of character development/story.

So they want to push Mahal vs Lesnar as the main event of Survivor Series and they decided kick off the program with AJ Styles beating up Mahal....seems legit. 

I wonder what they do at Survivor Series if Raw vs Smackdown is the plan. Obviously the 5 guys taking on the shield could win and be The team that reps smackdown. That would waste the Shield reunion. They could pair Balor and a returning Joe with the Shield for the raw team. 

They could face a heel team of Owens, Zayn, Corbin, Ziggler and Rusev or something. 

I dont really like the "putting aside our differences" Angle to just put the best on raw vs best on smackdown. 

Maybe add Styles to the Mahal vs Lesnar match. 

I dont see Survivor Series being any good. They should have made the Shield vs Team Miz at Survivor Series and make it a no DQ elimination match. 

Also could have done a team Owens vs team Shane 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So they want to push Mahal vs Lesnar as the main event of Survivor Series and they decided kick off the program with AJ Styles beating up Mahal....seems legit. 

I wonder what they do at Survivor Series if Raw vs Smackdown is the plan. Obviously the 5 guys taking on the shield could win and be The team that reps smackdown. That would waste the Shield reunion. They could pair Balor and a returning Joe with the Shield for the raw team. 

They could face a heel team of Owens, Zayn, Corbin, Ziggler and Rusev or something. 

I dont really like the "putting aside our differences" Angle to just put the best on raw vs best on smackdown. 

Maybe add Styles to the Mahal vs Lesnar match. 

I dont see Survivor Series being any good. They should have made the Shield vs Team Miz at Survivor Series and make it a no DQ elimination match. 

Also could have done a team Owens vs team Shane 

The Shield reunion being at TLC makes sense because that's where they also had their debut match.  It's fitting.

Honestly have no idea what they're doing with Jinder/Lesnar - I think people have been overly harsh on Jinder, but the notion of putting him up against Lesnar and looking at all competitive just craps all over believability, especially given Lesnar's last two defenses.

I think we more than likely go back to seeing multiple traditional Survivor Series matches on the card, though only one (the women) may end up being RAW vs Smackdown (would give them a chance to tease Charlotte vs Asuka which is the match people really want to see - similar to the AJ/Naka tease during MITB).

The other ones: Probably Team KO/Sami vs Team Shane (lets them put AJ/Naka/Orton/Roode on the same team) and Team Shield vs. Team Miz (this works best if they do the Kane turning bit on Sunday - putting Kane on Team Shield; I can't see them making Joe babyface or pitting him on the same side as Roman, he'd be a more likely replacement for Kane on Team Miz).

It just annoys me that the PPV is called TLC. People then expect lots of different gimmick matches. It would be fine to me if the PPV was 'In Your House: Shield Winz LOL' and they announced it as a hardcore match or something. I'm not making any sense here. Basically I hate the gimmick PPV names as it removes the suspense of announcing a special attraction match. We all know its coming months in advance. ****. 

Archived