~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

10 hours ago, tom cody said:

Corbin's not the greatest talent in the world. Still he looked bad last night with the cash in. 

Well, I'd argue that was the intent.  But also, he's a heel and not exactly the devious, "I'm going to outmaneuver you" heel, so it's not like it completely kills him either, especially since he's still young.

Were it me, I'd have had Cena dust him at Summer Slam, have some opportune babyface on the roster you want to push (even if it was someone brought up from NXT in the show following Summer Slam) poke fun Corbin and finagle their way into Corbin running his mouth about being so confident he could beat them, he'd bet his briefcase on it.  And then have DB come out and say, "That sounds like a great idea!" and make the match, wherein Corbin loses the case.  Because then you at least have the case on someone and the intrigue of a cash-in looming to bolster the fall season.

Corbin screwed up and there's consequences for that.  He went out like a not-too-bright action movie villain.  It's not the end of the world.

18 hours ago, The LBC said:

Other than Jeff Hardy (and he held the title less than a month), not a damn one of them was ever placed in the Cruiser or Light Heavyweight division.  Big difference.  Neville's been cast as an Other at this point - there's no coming back from that unless you count Jinder (which I don't because he's gonna end up being a blip).

Rey was... but we all know how that went xD

21 hours ago, The LBC said:

This.  Honestly, Corbin hasn't honed the kind of mic skills (I know, I know... Jinder, but two of that type in the same 6 months would have been brutal) to carry the top belt and his match with Naka was a snoozefest - the majority of which can't be hung on Shinsuke because he had to work Corbin's match because Corbin, for some strange reason, can't work a strong style match.

Ultimately, the kid is going to get another shot down the road because, frankly, he's 6'8" and pushing 300 pounds and those kind of guys don't grow on trees and always get second chances in Vince's book.  But he made his own bed on this one; he let his ego and mouth cut checks that he didn't have the clout to cash.

He also blocked some WWE staff along the way.  I also agree with you on his size and getting another chance- they just had to knock him down a peg or two.  He'll be on the other end of the push for a couple months to a year, and then he will be back.  

57 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Corbin reported verbally attacked a veteran on Twitter along with his remarks towards Meltzer.

I hate PG ERA of the WWE. 

That kind of treatment has nothing to do with "PG Era."  Hell, in the 70's and 80's if he'd have acted like that, he'd have caught a beatdown from the leaders of the locker room.

Hell, if Taker were still a locker room regular, he'd probably have regulated something fierce, and not just in Wrestler's Court.

And if the locker room were still regulated that way, Corbin might still have the briefcase, and had that deemed punishment enough.  Or, at the very least, not gone out like a punk with a roll-up.  

But of course, any kind of "wrestler's court" would be considered hazing, which leads to bullying, which we can't have, unless Vince allows it in the case of JBL. 

So wonder if they still put the belt on Naka on Sunday as rumored or keep the belt on Mahal? Rumors had it Naka would win on Sunday and Corbin would cash in on Naka and become champ. Will that change now since Corbin no longer has the briefcase?

22 hours ago, The LBC said:

Corbin screwed up and there's consequences for that.  He went out like a not-too-bright action movie villain.  It's not the end of the world.

He will be around for awhile, but he has now dug himself a hole. Something has always rubbed me wrong with Corbin (Xpac heat not good heat) and I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he ends up in the Ziggler cycle, always adjacent to the Title picture, never really in it.

Speaking of Ziggler/Corbin, I still dont know how we missed the oppertunity to see them run back the Michaels/Diesel angle with those two. Wrestling is just a circle of retelling the good stories, sometimes I wonder why the creative team rebuffs that and spends alot of time trying to reinvent the wheel, instead of just making the same wheel look better and just a bit different.

9 hours ago, tom cody said:

So wonder if they still put the belt on Naka on Sunday as rumored or keep the belt on Mahal? Rumors had it Naka would win on Sunday and Corbin would cash in on Naka and become champ. Will that change now since Corbin no longer has the briefcase?

wow I hope Jinder doesn't keep it. that would just be terrible. I'm done with him. 

I guess this serves the purpose of making the MitB contract not such a sure thing. Last year Ambrose cashed in right after winning it.

so we've really not had a good moment since Sheamus cashed in right after reigns finally won the belt. Rollins at Mania is still the best cash in. 

Bottom line is, Baron Corbin is not ready . He's still robotic and obviously reads what they've written for him word for word. He has improved, but he's still not there. Everywhere else he's great at imo.

Now if I'm booking SD, it's sooo simple.

Have Nak win the feud with Jinder, have the belt all the way to Mania. Have AJ keep the US belt to Mania and have Champion vs Champion.

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Bottom line is, Baron Corbin is not ready . He's still robotic and obviously reads what they've written for him word for word. He has improved, but he's still not there. Everywhere else he's great at imo.

Now if I'm booking SD, it's sooo simple.

Have Nak win the feud with Jinder, have the belt all the way to Mania. Have AJ keep the US belt to Mania and have Champion vs Champion.

Hard to pick out one outside Joe Miz and NewDay atm that doesnt look like theyre trying to recite a script theyve just received before the show. Dean and Seth look like theyre phoning it in with their interactions. And seeing/hearing bout Dean, he probably is. Usos have been horrible about it since switching to the "Malibus Most Wanted" gimmick.

55 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hard to pick out one outside Joe Miz and NewDay atm that doesnt look like theyre trying to recite a script theyve just received before the show. Dean and Seth look like theyre phoning it in with their interactions. And seeing/hearing bout Dean, he probably is. Usos have been horrible about it since switching to the "Malibus Most Wanted" gimmick.

I'm not happy with this. USO's have been highly entertaining in their current incarnation. 

Archived