Warriors to acquire D'Angelo Russell from Nets

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t understand the fit on the court.  Is Thompson going to play SF when he comes back?

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. DLo is a great player, but this is super confusing to me.

Warrior's current starting 5 by height

6'3
6'5
6'7
6'7
6'9

I don't know if there is a team as a whole that is taller than the 6ers, nor am I suggesting their height is something that makes them better than any other teams, but comparing them simply for comparison's sake.

6'10
6'6
6'9
6'10
7'0-7'2 (Embiid's true height is still widely contested)

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Warrior's current starting 5 by height

6'3
6'5
6'7
6'7
6'9

I don't know if there is a team as a whole that is taller than the 6ers, nor am I suggesting their height is something that makes them better than any other teams, but comparing them simply for comparison's sake.

6'10
6'6
6'9
6'10
7'0-7'2 (Embiid's true height is still widely contested)

Warriors will just bomb 3s all game, and make a lot of them.  I do find it weird they took a Guard in the first of the draft instead of a Big considering they have practically no one to play those minutes right now.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Warriors will just bomb 3s all game, and make a lot of them.  I do find it weird they took a Guard in the first of the draft instead of a Big considering they have practically no one to play those minutes right now.

I imagine they're assuming they can find a big on the cheap. It doesn't seem that hard anymore.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

What do the Nets get in the S&T?

I'm thinking Durant told them the only way he would sign is if they gave him the full 5 years. Why should KD leave even a single cent on the table? 

Nets couldn't afford Russel and he was gone anyways, might as well do what it takes to get KD

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Can you go over the cap if it's via trade?

Still waiting for an answer on this. Does anyone know?? You must not be able to

NBA salary cap is more complicated than our tax codes 

This was a great trade. Russel is 23 years old and is by far the warriors most talented young player at this point. He's the kind of talent they haven't had access to drafting so low the last 6-7 years 

I honestly love that he's a former Laker too. It's going to make the Lakers look soooo bad in a few years.

Steve kerr will get his hands on him, and curry will show him what it's like to be a professional. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I'm thinking Durant told them the only way he would sign is if they gave him the full 5 years. Why should KD leave even a single cent on the table? 

Nets couldn't afford Russel and he was gone anyways, might as well do what it takes to get KD

It's already been reported both Durant and Irving took less than the max so the Nets could sign Jordan.