Warriors to acquire D'Angelo Russell from Nets

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But by all reports they thought they would be able to make moves to sign DLO. The Warriors swooped in and they never got their chance.

Whatever, I'm happy he will be in a Warriors uniform for at least a season lol.

I mean they were definitely trying lol. Any team that takes on Wiggins contract deserves to be relegated 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm happy he will be in a Warriors uniform for at least a season lol.

Me too.  It'll do wonders for him being in that free flowing system with proven winners.  I think Russell could really use some mentor-ship from both Curry and Draymond.  People keep saying Russell doesn't fit, but I don't agree.  I think he fits in great.  He has great skills for this offense.  He can score, shoot, is a monster in pick & roll and is a gifted passer.  Dude is going to have a great year.

7 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

This feels right to me. You get DLo as your band-aid keeping you afloat while Klay is out, then flip him midseason when Klay is coming back for guys who can play defense - maybe to Minnesota for Covington + pieces if they can get off of Wiggins or Deng/Teague by then. 

It honestly makes sense for the Knicks to make a play here, trade some of their fringe pieces under good deals for D'Lo at mid-season.

will be interesting to see if the warriors go more PnR heavy in the regular season. they have been one of the teams that use it the least in the reg season but DLo used it on almost 50% of his possessions last year, the 2nd highest in the league next to Lou Williams. And I think he needs it to be effective since he is so nonathletic. 

I can say how well Russel "fits" with GS - but a lot of the chit chat is that he was brought over to "replace" Klay.

Taking a look at their stats from last year, I was surprised how Russel matches up:

Klay - 21.5pts p/game - 40.2% on 3pt shots
Russel - 21.1pts p/game - 36.8% on 3pt shots

Dont think Russel can match Klays defense - but he's not far off the mark offensively.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

I can say how well Russel "fits" with GS - but a lot of the chit chat is that he was brought over to "replace" Klay.

Taking a look at their stats from last year, I was surprised how Russel matches up:

Klay - 21.5pts p/game - 40.2% on 3pt shots
Russel - 21.1pts p/game - 36.8% on 3pt shots

Dont think Russel can match Klays defense - but he's not far off the mark offensively.

They're completely different offensive players. Russell doesn't bend the defense nearly as much as Klay and Russell relies on the mid-range/long 2s for the bulk of his scoring.

And saying "Don't think Russell can match Klay's defense" is like saying "Don't think DeAndre Jordan can match Curry's 3P shooting."

Edited by seminoles1

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They're completely different offensive players. Russell doesn't bend the defense nearly as much as Klay and Russell relies on the mid-range/long 2s for the bulk of his scoring.

And saying "Don't think Russell can match Klay's defense" is like saying "Don't think DeAndre Jordan can match Curry's 3P shooting."

Thats true and I wasnt implying he was Klay's equal "per se" or that the "fit" was the same. They're different style players, but I was surprised how equal the two were in offensive output. By all reports, Russel isnt much on the defensive side of things. 

Just because his raw numbers are close to Klay doesn’t mean ****. And don’t act like 36% from 3 and 40% from 3 are the same thing. You’re spitting out some dumbass raw numbers and trying to pass it off like the warriors ain’t gonna be missing much in this switch.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Just because his raw numbers are close to Klay doesn’t mean ****. And don’t act like 36% from 3 and 40% from 3 are the same thing. You’re spitting out some dumbass raw numbers and trying to pass it off like the warriors ain’t gonna be missing much in this switch.

LOL Chill dude. I'm not saying any such thing. I was personally surprised how close their stats were. Thats all. Sorry if that disturbed you. That wasnt my intent.

Edited by Leader

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Russell is a better all-around offensive player

Ehh. He doesn't get to the line, never been efficient, isn't that great 1v1 because he is super slow. He's mostly a PnR ballhandler who can beat some/most bigs 1v1 if they switch. 

14 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It honestly makes sense for the Knicks to make a play here, trade some of their fringe pieces under good deals for D'Lo at mid-season.

I agree with this. 

Knicks receive: D'Angelo Russel

Warriors Receive: Knox, DSJ, Trier, 2020 Knicks 1st rounder Top 5 protected. 

Who says no?