Our Best Oline for 2019

SweetFancyMoses

Our Best Oline for 2019  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the group that gives us the best starting 5 Olineman for 2019. I don't want comp picks, free agency, or anything else factored in. Just for this year only, what you think the best starting Olineup would be.

• Smith-Williams-Frederick-Martin-Collins
    • Smith-Collins-Frederick-Martin-Williams
    • Smith-Collins-Frederick-Martin-Fleming
    • Smith-McGovern-Frederick-Martin-Williams
    • Other. Please reply with your 5.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/2019 at 05:27 PM

13 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Until I see McGovern play, I'd go with Smith-Williams-Frederick-Martin-Collins.

Factor in William's having one full off season in the weight training program. I think this will be the teams best group of o-linemen this year

La'el is 100% demanding a trade if we try and move him back to LG

Barring injury, the only possibility I can see outside of the first option is McGovern starting for C-Will. I think the odds that he's already a better LG than C-Will are much higher than the odds that Williams or Fleming could be a lateral move on Collins at RT for a full season.

46 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

If the plan is to let Collins walk and move C-Will to RT next year, why not start that process now?

See what you have in both Connors and then we know where we stand next year.

I think it would make more sense to start that process by rolling with McGovern at LG from Day 1 and making Williams the swing tackle. Continuing to move La’el around doesn’t seem to solve much to me. Risk outweighs the reward. He wasn’t the stud at LG that people seem to think he was.

Edited by matt79511

4 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I think it would make more sense to start that process by rolling with McGovern at LG from Day 1 and making Williams the swing tackle. Continuing to move La’el around doesn’t seem to solve much to me. Risk outweighs the reward. He wasn’t the stud at LG that people seem to think he was.

I agree with your logic. I'm just saying trade Collins now.

Let William's and Fleming battle it out for RT. This way we know if we need to find a replacement for next year.

Start McGovern at LG.

If we trade Collins, I believe it could open up almost $9 million in cap space that we could use to resign our key players.

9 hours ago, matt79511 said:

La'el is 100% demanding a trade if we try and move him back to LG

Barring injury, the only possibility I can see outside of the first option is McGovern starting for C-Will. I think the odds that he's already a better LG than C-Will are much higher than the odds that Williams or Fleming could be a lateral move on Collins at RT for a full season.

He can demand all he wants.  We could bench him and kill his free agent value or trade him to the Dolphins. 

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

4 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I agree with your logic. I'm just saying trade Collins now.

Let William's and Fleming battle it out for RT. This way we know if we need to find a replacement for next year.

Start McGovern at LG.

If we trade Collins, I believe it could open up almost $9 million in cap space that we could use to resign our key players.

I think that’s in play as well, but I hesitate to trade from an area of strength. OL might be the deepest part of our roster right now, but “get greedy” with it and all of a sudden you’re much more susceptible to injury.

3 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

He can demand all he wants.  We could bench him and kill his free agent value or trade him to the Dolphins. 

Well killing his free agent value just hurts our comp pick, and a public mess would hurt his trade value.

I think the writing is on the wall for him following the McGoven pick, so this could get worse before it gets better. Hopefully nothing comes of it. But I fully expect he and his agent to make a stink of it if we try and move him back inside.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:34 PM, matt79511 said:

I think that’s in play as well, but I hesitate to trade from an area of strength. OL might be the deepest part of our roster right now, but “get greedy” with it and all of a sudden you’re much more susceptible to injury.

Well killing his free agent value just hurts our comp pick, and a public mess would hurt his trade value.

I think the writing is on the wall for him following the McGoven pick, so this could get worse before it gets better. Hopefully nothing comes of it. But I fully expect he and his agent to make a stink of it if we try and move him back inside.

Yes. God forbid his agent explains that playing well at guard for a year will be better for him than getting tossed around for another year at rt.

I see letting sleeping dogs lie for this season I am sure the conners will get enough work at tackle over the season to give  us a good idea on what we have.   I do think they way he is acting is a by product of the fact that he knows we won’t resign him for what he will get elsewhere and in his mind this is his last year 

10 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Yes. God forbid his agent explains that playing well at guard for a year will be better for him than getting tossed around for another year at rt.

Look man, I imagine he and the rest of the team can see the writing on the wall as it relates to him not being re-signed, so the best we can hope for is nothing bad comes of that from a chemistry/locker room perspective. I don't think the upside of La'el back at LG (where he was also hit/miss) is really worth it when you balance it with the aforementioned + a Fleming/Williams battle at RT.

As it relates to his free agent prospects, you may have a point, but he's so young and teams are so desperate for OL that I hardly think it matters. Someone may easily convince themselves he still has Pro Bowl/All-Pro potential at LG regardless of whether he does.