NBA 2K20

showtime

Another year.  Out with the old and in with the new.

Untitled-design-1-1200x675.jpg

The NBA 2K20 Standard Edition will be available in physical and digital formats for $59.99; players who pre-order will receive at launch:

• 5,000 Virtual Currency;
  • 5,000 MyTEAM Points;
  • 5 MyCAREER Skill Boosts;
  • MyPLAYER Clothing Capsule;
  • 10 MyTEAM League packs (delivered one per week);
  • 5 Heat Check packs (delivered one per week beginning at the start of the NBA season).

The NBA 2K20 Digital Deluxe Edition will be available in digital format only for $79.99 and will include:

• 35,000 Virtual Currency;
  • 10,000 MyTEAM Points;
  • 10 MyCAREER Skill Boosts;
  • 10 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one per week);
  • 10 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (delivered one per week beginning at the start of the NBA season);
  • 1 Sapphire MyTEAM Cover Athlete Card.

The NBA 2K20 Legend Edition will be available in physical and digital format for $99.99 and will feature custom cover art and exclusive in-game items, including:

• 100,000 Virtual Currency;
  • 50,000 MyTEAM Points;
  • 20 MyCAREER Skill Boosts;
  • MyPLAYER Apparel Collection;
  • MyPLAYER Shoe Collection;
  • 20 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one per week);
  • 20 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (delivered one per week beginning at the start of the NBA season);
  • 5 MyTEAM Theme Packs (one per theme release across the next five releases);
  • 2 Sapphire MyTEAM Cover Athlete Cards.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What about new features? 

I mean, the game just got announced today.  I'm sure they'll announce more in the coming weeks.  A lot of people are saying they're going to revamp the archetype system and rep system.

57 minutes ago, showtime said:

I mean, the game just got announced today.  I'm sure they'll announce more in the coming weeks.  A lot of people are saying they're going to revamp the archetype system and rep system.

Give me an option to have no limits on my attributes in my career and I'll be happy... I'm fine with making people choose an archetype for online play that limits your attributes in the park and Pro-Am and such but I'd I'm just playing the nba career and I want to be the god of basketball I should be able to do that...

Even a system like the show uses I'd be fine with... Where you still have an archetype an depending on the archetype some attributes are harder to raise than others... But it's still technically possible to have a 99 in every attribute.

Edited by rob_shadows

6 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Give me an option to have no limits on my attributes in my career and I'll be happy... I'm fine with making people choose an archetype for online play that limits your attributes in the park and Pro-Am and such but I'd I'm just playing the nba career and I want to be the god of basketball I should be able to do that...

Even a system like the show uses I'd be fine with... Where you still have an archetype an depending on the archetype some attributes are harder to raise than others... But it's still technically possible to have a 99 in every attribute.

I doubt they'll do that.  They want more people playing online not concentrating on the offline modes.  

42 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

That makes sense.  2K used to be like that, where you can have 99 across the board. 

I want to see a better function than the park.  Standing on spots and waiting to play games is stupid.  Also, having shops and stuff in the park is also dumb.  It might be 100 people in a park, but only like 25 people are actually playing.  I want to see casual and ranked.  In ranked, you party up with your friends or play solo and it automatically puts you against a team of similar skill rating.  That would help solve all the people who are afraid to play higher level players.

I would like it if MyPlayer let you take any player in NBA history and your finished product would actually be that player.  So you start at like a 50 overall and still have to level your guy up, max his badges out, etc.  But if I chose Penny Hardaway as my player, my finished product would be Penny Hardaway at his best.  So if Penny Hardaway is like a 95 overall in the game with 67 3pt shooting, 94 passing, 83 dunking, etc let me have those same attributes.

The concern would be so many people picking guys like Kobe, Jordan, LeBron, etc.  But if you picked a player like that, it would be hell to level him all the way up since those guys are like 99 overalls at their peak with a ton of high attributes and badges.  So the grind would be unreal and 99% of people wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, showtime said:

I listened to the first six songs only and they were actually pretty good.  If the rest of the soundtrack is like that then I'm feelin it.  Also, I read they would be adding new songs throughout the year.

Their soundtrack is usually pretty solid.  I preordered the game yesterday.

The way it stands right now and has been for a while, myplayer is boring and way too difficult to get your players to a respectable amount. When games make it so it has to be the only game you play for months to fully level then I'm out. I'll get this game when it's less than $10 again as it has been the last few years around Finals time 

20 hours ago, showtime said:

I listened to the first six songs only and they were actually pretty good.  If the rest of the soundtrack is like that then I'm feelin it.  Also, I read they would be adding new songs throughout the year.

I always have the music volume turned all the way down anyway, not a fan of rap and hip hop.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

The way it stands right now and has been for a while, myplayer is boring and way too difficult to get your players to a respectable amount. When games make it so it has to be the only game you play for months to fully level then I'm out. I'll get this game when it's less than $10 again as it has been the last few years around Finals time 

Yea, that's fair.  99% of people play the game for months non-stop and can only get to somewhere in the low 90's.  The grind to get your player to 95 and over is just absurd.  There are people on YouTube who literally play this game for a living and they're just now hitting 99 overall.  Tyceno just hit 99 a few days ago and he has like 4k-5k park games played and probably an insane amount of MyCareer games played.

There's a ton of flaws with this game.  I'm hoping they address some things in this new game.

This is probably the only game I'm going to get for the Xbox or PS4 this calendar year.  The only other game I'm considering is the new CoD game.  Switch is just to fire this year.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I always have the music volume turned all the way down anyway, not a fan of rap and hip hop.

It would be cool if we could get Spotify on the game and just have the user make their own playlist, but that's probably not possible.  I guess it's not needed because both the PS4 and Xbox One both have Spotify app on there to play music anyway while you play.