NBA 2K20

showtime

3 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I am so pissed off right now... Finally decided on my build, started my career... Did the usual and took the shortcut to 85... Cost about $35.

Get into it and notice something odd... There is no name on my jersey in the game... Or under me... Or anywhere. I think okay...odd but maybe the fake college team just doesn't have your name on the Jersey. Finish the first game look at all menus I can and confirm... My player has no name... Literally... Nothing. I entered a name obviously although I had to enter my actual name because it wouldn't let me use the name Rob Shadows because apparently the word "Shadows" is inappropriate and can't be used? But anyway... Now I'm stuck with a nameless myplayer and I can't simply make a new one because I spent money on the damn thing.🤬

Yea, I've seen people complain about this as well.  Weird that's an issue.

3 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

$100? Only cost me $35...I bought one 75,000 VC pack, one 35,000 VC pack, and one 15,000 VC pack...$35 total for 125,000VC which was enough to get to 85, well with the 5,000VC I had from pre-ordering.

Every build can be different.  I've seen some people need 200K VC to get their build to an 85 and some people need less.

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

This is the first time I've ever bought 2K on launch day and between how clunky the gameplay is and the bug with my player having no name I've already decided it will be the last.

On top of that the entire reason I bought it at launch was because I wanted to try to get to 99 for once (never done it before) and be "immortalized" in the next 2K game

.... But they don't do that anymore apparently 😒

Although if you reach legend rep you can get 2K21 for free... But I don't play the online modes so... Not happening.

Yea, in last years game there was a 'road to 99' and it took most people like 7-8 months of playing the game 5-6 hours per day to reach 99.  It was an absurd grind.  They really shortened it by a ton, so there will be more 95+ overall players than ever this year.  Because of this, you can only get 2K21 by reaching legend rep - something that the overwhelming majority of people will not be able to do.  And you have to be one of the first to reach legend rep, too, because the offer is limited.

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yea, in last years game there was a 'road to 99' and it took most people like 7-8 months of playing the game 5-6 hours per day to reach 99.  It was an absurd grind.  They really shortened it by a ton, so there will be more 95+ overall players than ever this year.  Because of this, you can only get 2K21 by reaching legend rep - something that the overwhelming majority of people will not be able to do.  And you have to be one of the first to reach legend rep, too, because the offer is limited.

I guess it's still hard to complain... No other sports game gives rewards like that (that I'm aware of anyway) so even if it's unlikely I'll reach it I still have to give them credit for even doing it.

25 minutes ago, showtime said:

Every build can be different.  I've seen some people need 200K VC to get their build to an 85 and some people need less.

But still....100 bucks? The biggest VC pack is $99.99 and that's....450,000 VC I think? That's enough to get two to 85 easily regardless of build.

Edited by rob_shadows

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

I guess it's still hard to complain... No other sports game gives rewards like that (that I'm aware of anyway) so even if it's unlikely I'll reach it I still have to give them credit for even doing it.

From what I've heard, they didn't give a lot of stuff out to the people who hit 99 in 2K19.

A friend of mine is going to game share this with me.  She just approached me with that idea, I've never done it before.  Anyways, I'm downloading it right now and make my guy after I get home from work.  I might change, but I'm leaning toward a playmaking/defensive PG that's 6'6".  Can make as many as six HoF defensive badges and five HoF playmaking badges. 

36 minutes ago, showtime said:

A friend of mine is going to game share this with me.  She just approached me with that idea, I've never done it before.  Anyways, I'm downloading it right now and make my guy after I get home from work.  I might change, but I'm leaning toward a playmaking/defensive PG that's 6'6".  Can make as many as six HoF defensive badges and five HoF playmaking badges. 

That's one of my builds, I made a pure defense pie chart PF and a defense/playmaking pie chart PG. I made the point guard 6'5 though because if you go 6'6 you lose a bit too much on the finishing and athleticism for my taste.

6 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

One of these days I'll actually try making a shooting build... But for years I've always played mycareer as defensive players/slashers...I pretty much have no idea how to get open for shots in these games.

me neither.  it's annoying.

also does anyone know how to do the individual drills when you go to the practice facility?  it only let me do the team drills.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

me neither.  it's annoying.

also does anyone know how to do the individual drills when you go to the practice facility?  it only let me do the team drills.

You can't in the beginning, I'm not sure when you're able to as I haven't unlocked the ability to do so yet.