NBA 2K20

showtime

Got my guy to a 97 overall.  I think I finally might have figured out how to raise his overall via MyCareer, while still being able to grind badges.  I figured this out last night, so I haven't been able to test it much.  I'm at work right now, so I'll be doing more test when I get home.

iASPnF3.jpg

I’m really frustrated with the shooting mechanics this year.  I’ll play a nba game and drop 50 points on the computer and then play in the park and can’t hit a single shot.  It’s really frustrating because the park is the part of the game I enjoy the most, but my Stretch 4 is pretty much worthless on the Park right now.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m really frustrated with the shooting mechanics this year.  I’ll play a nba game and drop 50 points on the computer and then play in the park and can’t hit a single shot.  It’s really frustrating because the park is the part of the game I enjoy the most, but my Stretch 4 is pretty much worthless on the Park right now.

I've been talking to a lot of people and they've all said pure stretch is a really bad build this year.  Like, really bad.  It's probably the worst PF build.

2K nerfed that build so heavily.

Just out of curiosity I created a PG with max size (7'7 350), 99 in all attributes, and all badges Hall of Fame and used him in myLeague and decided to play a game with him with player lock on and the myCareer camera angle.

...I understand now why they won't let us do that in myCareer.... Pretty sure I could have scored 200 if I really wanted to...

11 hours ago, showtime said:

I've been talking to a lot of people and they've all said pure stretch is a really bad build this year.  Like, really bad.  It's probably the worst PF build.

2K nerfed that build so heavily.

I think I'm too heavily invested to switch builds now.  Once I get more badges I think I'll be alright.  

24 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think I'm too heavily invested to switch builds now.  Once I get more badges I think I'll be alright.  

They recently buffed stretch PF's, but it didn't do anything.  Just keep playing with it, but you gonna be at a handicap all year.  As long as you okay with that then it's all good.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

They recently buffed stretch PF's, but it didn't do anything.  Just keep playing with it, but you gonna be at a handicap all year.  As long as you okay with that then it's all good.

Handicapped how?  I'm wondering what others think the weaknesses of the build are.  

I feel pretty good defending and rebounding with him but that is because I played defensive Center last year so I'm pretty good at positioning myself down low on defense.  With my size and length I can hold my own defending the perimeter too.  The biggest issue for me has been I can't move quick enough on offense to get separation for open shots.  

Also I think they put a heavy emphasis on using dribble moves and such to get open this year, which has made playmakers overpowered and nerfed pure catch and shoot players.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Handicapped how?  I'm wondering what others think the weaknesses of the build are.  

I feel pretty good defending and rebounding with him but that is because I played defensive Center last year so I'm pretty good at positioning myself down low on defense.  With my size and length I can hold my own defending the perimeter too.  The biggest issue for me has been I can't move quick enough on offense to get separation for open shots.  

Also I think they put a heavy emphasis on using dribble moves and such to get open this year, which has made playmakers overpowered and nerfed pure catch and shoot players.  

Well first of all, there's just so many better PF builds.  3 level scorer is really good.  Shooting glass cleaner is f'ing amazing in park. 

Catch and shoot players are dead in this game.  The speed of the game is too fast... player movement.  People can close out too quickly.  You have to be able to shoot on the move, shoot off the dribble, etc.  Pure stretch PF is super weak at those things.  In this game they essentially made pure stretch PF a stand still shooter, which sucks.

In 2K19, pure stretch PF's could shoot fades consistently, off balance shots, etc.  They can't do any of that this year.

All the dudes on YT that made stretch PF's last year (Grinding DF, Joe Knows, etc) they all ditched it because it's a horrible build this year.  Of course nobody knew this was gonna happen, but within a week of the game coming out everyone started to notice it.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Well first of all, there's just so many better PF builds.  3 level scorer is really good.  Shooting glass cleaner is f'ing amazing in park. 

Catch and shoot players are dead in this game.  The speed of the game is too fast... player movement.  People can close out too quickly.  You have to be able to shoot on the move, shoot off the dribble, etc.  Pure stretch PF is super weak at those things.  In this game they essentially made pure stretch PF a stand still shooter, which sucks.

In 2K19, pure stretch PF's could shoot fades consistently, off balance shots, etc.  They can't do any of that this year.

All the dudes on YT that made stretch PF's last year (Grinding DF, Joe Knows, etc) they all ditched it because it's a horrible build this year.  Of course nobody knew this was gonna happen, but within a week of the game coming out everyone started to notice it.

Ok so they were seeing the same limitations that I'm seeing.  

I mean I guess I could pivot now to another build but that would really suck.  I don't even know what build I would use.  @Flatlyner and I play online together and he's a Paint God Center, so going back to a defensive center doesn't pair well with him.  

Stuff I've read online that the best perimeter defender builds are 6'6" SGs instead of SFs because they get more attributes than SFs.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok so they were seeing the same limitations that I'm seeing.  

I mean I guess I could pivot now to another build but that would really suck.  I don't even know what build I would use.  @Flatlyner and I play online together and he's a Paint God Center, so going back to a defensive center doesn't pair well with him.  

Stuff I've read online that the best perimeter defender builds are 6'6" SGs instead of SFs because they get more attributes than SFs.  

Defender builds?  Like pure defense?  My PG is a defender.

I'm making a center that has defensive/shooting pie.  It's still called a glass cleaning lockdown, but it's so much better than an inside center because it has a 70+ three ball and I think like a 80 mid range.  Build is Godly.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:22 AM, showtime said:

I saw a 98 overall pure stretch playing with my friend.  Dude was greening everything, even fades.  He knew how to time his jumper so well.  I've never seen a stretch play like that in this game.

I'm starting to get a hang of my Stretch 4.  I tried like 50 different jump shot animations and found one that works well for me.  I was doing a lot better online hitting 3s.  Also my guy is a pretty good rebounder too (I put all my stats into shooting and defense) so I'm pretty good in park as 3 point shooting and rebounding are probably the 2 most important skills.