NBA 2K20

showtime

The Action Points sound ridiculous.  Why would you cap the user on how much they can do with their team?  The screenshot shows that playing a game costs 2 points but they're only earning 1.5 points per day?  Does that mean unless you have points saved up you couldn't play a back to back if you wanted to?

Obviously need to see it in action but the idea of being capped on things like roster moves is terrible. 

5 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

The Action Points sound ridiculous.  Why would you cap the user on how much they can do with their team?  The screenshot shows that playing a game costs 2 points but they're only earning 1.5 points per day?  Does that mean unless you have points saved up you couldn't play a back to back if you wanted to?

Obviously need to see it in action but the idea of being capped on things like roster moves is terrible. 

Kinda reminds me of the time restrictions in the original NFL head coach game... Which was pretty terrible.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

And there are many more Tweets.  Still going.

Thank God free throws can be upgraded again instead of strictly being tied to a badge... That was ridiculous... Was literally impossible to be a decent free throw shooter for way too many builds.

• Like 1

They're saying so many things right now that sound good.  He posted that bad shots and shots with poor release timing will be punished the further you are away from the basket.  This is the same thing he said in 2K18 and 2K19, that high IQ and better decision making will be key.... yet in 2K19 all people did was jack up fade away contested threes the whole time.

This game is literally just like Madden, but it's a basketball game instead.

Not sure how accurate all this is, but there are supposedly 80 or so badges in this game: 

BA 2K20 BADGES

• They Added new defensive badges
  • Added Neighborhood-specific badges that enhance the physicality and flashy play of the Playground.
  • Badges still have the same 4 levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Hall of Fame Badges
  • NEW BADGES:
    • Quick First Step Badge (improves first step quickness, increases the opportunity for blowbys, speed boosts, etc).
    • Interceptor Badge is back (improves success rate of passing lane steals)
    • Volume Shooter Badge is back but with better logic. (Boosts your ratings if you can maintain your FGAs/per minute, player won’t go cold because of lack of shots).
    • Deep Fades Badge (improves success rate of post fades from further out)
    • Giant Slayer Badge (smaller players can equip this badge and it will help them score at the rim among taller players)
    • Clamps Badge (for perimeter LDD’s)
    • Post Move Lockdown (for paint defenders)
    • Slippery Off-ball Badge (gives you more success with the new off-ball juke moves. Also helps you get free from defenders who try to jam you up.)
    • Deep Hooks Badge (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar badge)
    • Space Creator Badge (more effective stepback jumpers)
    • Rebound Chaser Badge (helps chase down long rebounds)
    • Worm Badge (helps get around boxouts)
    • Box Badge (makes it tougher for worms.)
    • Handles For Days Badge (allows you to pull off a lot more dribble combos before getting fatigued)
    • Fancy Footwork Badge (helps you get past defenders with advanced gathers on the floor).
  • UPDATED BADGES:
    • Limitless Range Badge was changed to Range Extender Badge (boosts threes but also deep twos)
    • Posterizer was changed to Contact Finisher Badge (will help dunkers posterize people, success rate of dunks, but also help smaller players who play below the rim finish with contact).
    • Microwave Badge was redesigned and changed to Hot Start Badge. (If you have this badge and can knock down your first jumper, you get a boost to your shot ratings for a period of time. the more shots you can knock down w/o missing, the longer you keep your boosts.)
    • Tireless Scorer was removed and its function broken up into 2 separate badges: Relentless Finisher and Tireless Shooter.
    • Pick & Roll Maestro is gone and replaced by Needle Threader (does a similar thing but extends to other passing situations, not just limited to PnR situations).
  • BADGES STILL IN THE GAME:
    • Chase Down Artist Badge
    • Pick Dodger Badge
    • Ankle Breaker Badge
    • Dimer Badge
    • Flashy Passer Badge
    • Catch & Shoot Badge
    • Difficult Shots Badge
  • REMOVED BADGES:
    • Free Throw Ace
    • Charge Card

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Its already hard enough to defend inside in online games.  Not sure why this badge is necessary.  Although after a few months everyone will be jacking up 3s every possession so it won't matter probably.  

You can't base things off of 2K19.  They're going to change some of the game play elements, according to what they said.  Also, I think that badge is for little guys to finish with contact.  Think like Allen Iverson or Tony Parker.  The badges that are in 2K19 are designed more for people who are slashers and dunkers.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:01 PM, showtime said:

y18vyvh2xgc31.jpg

Starting on August 21st at 12:01 am PT, you can get an early start on your MyCAREER while testing out the new MyPLAYER builder and hitting the court two weeks ahead of the game’s launch by downloading the NBA 2K20 Demo. In the NBA 2K20 Demo, you can try out multiple MyPLAYER configurations to create the player that best fits your play-style, which will be carried over to NBA 2K20 at launch on September 6th. The NBA 2K20 Demo will be available exclusively on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

I didn't do this for 2k19 but how do you face scan with the demo?  is there an app to do it or do you need a camera for your PS4?

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I didn't do this for 2k19 but how do you face scan with the demo?  is there an app to do it or do you need a camera for your PS4?

In 2K19 there was an app you can download.  You take a picture and do everything from there.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about making four builds.  Not sure which one of these I will end up going with.

1.  Dennis Rodman/Ben Wallace:  Elite rebounder and defender

2.  Tony Allen:  Elite defensive player, good athlete

3.  Klay Thompson:  All attribute points in shooting and defense

4:  Rajon Rondo/Jason Kidd:  Ball handling, defense, rebounding.

Those are probably the builds I would personally have the most fun with.  This is if 2K allows us to put our attribute points where we want them, like a lot of people are suggesting.

8 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm thinking about making four builds.  Not sure which one of these I will end up going with.

1.  Dennis Rodman/Ben Wallace:  Elite rebounder and defender

2.  Tony Allen:  Elite defensive player, good athlete

3.  Klay Thompson:  All attribute points in shooting and defense

4:  Rajon Rondo/Jason Kidd:  Ball handling, defense, rebounding.

Those are probably the builds I would personally have the most fun with.  This is if 2K allows us to put our attribute points where we want them, like a lot of people are suggesting.

Can you be multifaceted this year though? Last year if you weren’t completely zeroed in on one trait you were at a disadvantage. Like my defending rebounder center definitely had problems with pure rebounders. 

On 8/13/2019 at 8:26 AM, MKnight82 said:

Can you be multifaceted this year though? Last year if you weren’t completely zeroed in on one trait you were at a disadvantage. Like my defending rebounder center definitely had problems with pure rebounders. 

I don't know.  Apparently you can.