Angels P Tyler Skaggs has Died

ttitansfan4life

On 7/1/2019 at 6:43 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

A major league starting pitcher making close to $2.5M a year after taxes is not using street heroin. 

Based on? Thats a silly/naive statement. Heroine doesn't have a preference. MANY rich people have become addicted to the drug.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 8:51 PM, Leader said:
On 7/3/2019 at 5:16 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

We don’t “need” to speculate that some guy OD’d on fentanyl. The family requested that the autopsy not be completed until October, and while we all want to know what happened you have to respect it.

Do you know their reasoning for that?

My understanding was that they requested that nothing be revealed until the whole process is complete. October happens to be when they expect the toxicology report to come back. The autopsy itself has already been done.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mse326 said:

My understanding was that they requested that nothing be revealed until the whole process is complete. October happens to be when they expect the toxicology report to come back. The autopsy itself has already been done.

Okay. Thanks for that info.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Statement from the family is a tough read.

Throwing out it “may” involve an Angels employee in a public statement is pretty reckless but the hell if I know what it’s like to lose a kid.  If a pro athlete is functioning with those level of drugs he’s probably capable of hiding it so it’s possible they had didn’t know he was an addict.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Throwing out it “may” involve an Angels employee in a public statement is pretty reckless but the hell if I know what it’s like to lose a kid.  If a pro athlete is functioning with those level of drugs he’s probably capable of hiding it so it’s possible they had didn’t know he was an addict.

I read that part of the statement as just pure anger. It sucks when someone dies senselessly, and having someone as the bad guy, founded or not, can be a coping mechanism.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, N4L said:

This is one of those times I wish I wasn't right. Fentanyl is a plague. I am sorry for his family and his teammates. I wonder how many others were using the same stuff that he was. 

Yep. You were the first person I thought of when this was announced. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:30 PM, N4L said:

This is one of those times I wish I wasn't right. Fentanyl is a plague. I am sorry for his family and his teammates. I wonder how many others were using the same stuff that he was. 

Its really hitting hard here across Maryland, especially the closer you are to Baltimore.  It's coming in through the harbor and docks, and surprisingly, even though we all know where it's coming from, no one is doing much to stop it.  One of my classmates and a close friend back then passed from it, and he was going clean for quite some time.  It's horrible. 

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Its really hitting hard here across Maryland, especially the closer you are to Baltimore.  It's coming in through the harbor and docks, and surprisingly, even though we all know where it's coming from, no one is doing much to stop it.  One of my classmates and a close friend back then passed from it, and he was going clean for quite some time.  It's horrible. 

It's a damn shame. I am sorry for your loss. I wish there was more to be done