Weakest Move Kawhi To Lakers Or KD To Warriors?

stl4life07

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And besides, what makes you think he will want to go to another team if it doesn't work out in LA when he could have gone to two better situations last summer? If he wanted his best chance of winning, wouldn't he have gone to Philly or found a way to go to Houston? 

The days of LeBron chasing a ring are long gone. Obviously he will try to win in LA and now he has a chance to do so, but he's not going anywhere unless it is to play with his son. 

The Lakers offered an incredible opportunity to be in LA while having the cap space and assets to bring in other stars. He saw a franchise desperate for success that had the cap space to give him a superstar teammate, and if that failed, the assets to trade for one. He wanted the best of both worlds, and this summer has seemingly proven he was right. He has a very good team around him that's on a short list of title favorites.

However, things change. 3 years ago he was on the defending champion's with a great shot to defend their title...and then Durant threw a huge wrench into that. If the Lakers don't mesh and they top out as 1st round losers each season with no avenues to improve, then I don't believe LeBron is just going to stick it out. Maybe he will, but I'd bet against it. He'd give it another shot in NYC or something.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why would there be rumors of him leaving BEFORE he won a ring in Cleveland? After he won though? That's when they started. My prior post shows an article from June 15, 2017 that is talking about LeBron leaving to the Lakers...Guys like Woj, Peter Vescey and others were talking about it THEN. Certainly it wasn't just something that happened because Kyrie left and he had no one left in Cleveland. No, the rumors were there before that. 

I didn't say the rumors came about because Kyrie left.

They started when it was obvious Cleveland couldn't win again.

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I didn't say the rumors came about because Kyrie left.

They started when it was obvious Cleveland couldn't win again.

That was for CWood who said does LeBron leave if Kyrie doesn't demand a trade....And clearly there were rumors of him leaving even before Kyrie's trade requests. After he won a ring, his eyes were on LA. That's when his media company and pretty everyone on his business team had settled in LA.

And there were actually talks of PG getting traded to the Cavs after that article....But LeBron wouldn't commit long-term when approached by Dan Gilbert and that's when it was pretty much known he wasn't going to re-sign in CLE. 

So no, I'm not convinced he just left because he didn't feel like the Cavs had no shot at winning again. Dude accomplished his goal and was set on getting to LA. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY