Weakest Move Kawhi To Lakers Or KD To Warriors?

stl4life07

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Oh its definitely Kawhi now HA! I've changed my vote :)

Yep Kawhi to Clippers is the weakest move ever.  Baby wanted to go home, meanwhile Toronto gave the entire city to him for free.  Could have moved his entire family and friends to Toronto with him.  But nope, let's go home, la la la......... Weak

Kawhi going to the Clippers might be one of the most glorious moments we remember in resent history. Instead of going to live with AD and LeBron in a king sized mansion, dude moved next door into a modest house to take out those mothereffers and live their mansion. I know the Lakers have a history that the Clippers can never top, but imagine if the Clippers start to bop the Lakers around now, to the point that LeBron leaves for another team and leaves them in shambles again.

Edited by Mossburg

Just now, Mossburg said:

Kawhi going to the Clippers might be one of the most glorious moments we remember in resent history. Instead of going to live with AD and LeBron in a king sized mansion, dude moved next door into a modest house to take out those mothereffers and ****** their mansion. I know the Lakers have a history that the Clippers can never top, but imagine if the Clippers start to bop the Lakers around now, to the point that LeBron leaves for another team and leaves them in shambles again.

LeBron isn't going anywhere. Even if he isn't winning, he is at least living in LA lol. And his son is just starting HS at Sierra Canyon so LA is his last stop regardless.

Definitely a boss move though. Kawhi outmaneuvered the hell out of the league.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LeBron isn't going anywhere. Even if he isn't winning, he is at least living in LA lol. And his son is just starting HS at Sierra Canyon so LA is his last stop regardless.

Definitely a boss move though. Kawhi outmaneuvered the hell out of the league.

True, he could join Kawhi on the Clippers if that happened.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Also possible, but doubtful. PG and Kawhi don't need Bron to hold them titles. 

I guess it depends what his goals are now. If they lose 2 years in a row and it looks like the team just doesn't have it, plus all kinds of dysfunction...I dunno. Shiz is so crazy now a days, I wouldn't be surprised of anything happening. I believe I made a post when those Lakers management mess stories came out that Lakers will Lake again with AD, but now I gotta swerve back and say that they still gotta win, and this franchise is not run like it was in the glory days. The league is seeing crazy turnover everywhere, I have no idea what happens.

8 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

True, he could join Kawhi on the Clippers if that happened.

He's not joining the Clippers.  He's going to be a Laker through the rest of his career.  He's got 2 years minimum left on his current contract with a team option on that 3rd year, and he's 34 years old.  The soonest he'll be a FA is when he's 36 years old.  I think there's a reasonable chance he opts out of that deal, and signs a long-term deal for less money to put him into the latter part of his career.  Think something like what Kobe did.  The Lakers have intentionally signed players to 2-year deals this offseason.  They're gunning for that '21 offseason and probably trying to go and poach one of Giannis or Bradley Beal to pair with Anthony Davis.

6 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I guess it depends what his goals are now. If they lose 2 years in a row and it looks like the team just doesn't have it, plus all kinds of dysfunction...I dunno. Shiz is so crazy now a days, I wouldn't be surprised of anything happening. I believe I made a post when those Lakers management mess stories came out that Lakers will Lake again with AD, but now I gotta swerve back and say that they still gotta win, and this franchise is not run like it was in the glory days. The league is seeing crazy turnover everywhere, I have no idea what happens.

He's not leaving Los Angeles.  He left Cleveland to go to Los Angeles with a bunch of youngsters.  This is as much about his post-career decision as it is basketball reasons, although he probably saw a roster that was flexible unlike the Cavaliers roster which was tapped out.  I think we're going to see a "different" LeBron this year.  It wouldn't surprise me if he set career high in APG.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's not leaving Los Angeles.  He left Cleveland to go to Los Angeles with a bunch of youngsters.  This is as much about his post-career decision as it is basketball reasons, although he probably saw a roster that was flexible unlike the Cavaliers roster which was tapped out.  I think we're going to see a "different" LeBron this year.  It wouldn't surprise me if he set career high in APG.

Yea, it's a trend with fans of teams LeBron plays for saying this kind of thing. He didn't leave Cleveland to join LA with a bunch of youngsters, he came to LA expecting to get what he got with AD, preferably last season.

I don't necessarily disagree with your and J's logic, I just think it's never a sure thing. You assume you understand what he wants. He may want something different and disastrous results could sway what he wants. There's never a sure thing, especially with this guy, especially in the current NBA.

On a more detailed basketball level, all of LeBron's successful teams had a really strong defensive foundation, and most of that credit belonged to the guy on the sideline. If they can't get a guy to get the team to play D, it's going to be the same mess you saw last year and will likely not be good enough to win even with a lot more firepower.

25 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I personally love it. Keeps everyone on their toes.

Next year is going to be epic...........Only to end in yet another Warriors title!

18 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Yea, it's a trend with fans of teams LeBron plays for saying this kind of thing. He didn't leave Cleveland to join LA with a bunch of youngsters, he came to LA expecting to get what he got with AD, preferably last season.

I don't necessarily disagree with your and J's logic, I just think it's never a sure thing. You assume you understand what he wants. He may want something different and disastrous results could sway what he wants. There's never a sure thing, especially with this guy, especially in the current NBA.

On a more detailed basketball level, all of LeBron's successful teams had a really strong defensive foundation, and most of that credit belonged to the guy on the sideline. If they can't get a guy to get the team to play D, it's going to be the same mess you saw last year and will likely not be good enough to win even with a lot more firepower.

I mean, it's not terribly hard to read between the lines.  If winning was his only priority, he would have signed as a FA with Philadelphia when he was a FA.  Instead, he joined the youngster-filled Lakers' roster.  Was it his ideal roster?  Probably not, but unlike the Cavaliers this wasn't a roster that was financially tapped out like the Cavs roster was.

LeBron (and every other superstar) uses teams for their advantage. He went to Cleveland because they had assets. When all those assets were used up, he went to LA. LA is out of assets, so unless they are winning in 2 years and still look like they'll be successful going forward, LeBron is definitely a flight risk.