Browns roster reduced to initial 53 (Thoughts, Practice Squad, & Waived Players to Bring in)

Mind Character

30 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Our depth is strong roster wide but we still have a difficult time establishing depth at WR, OL, and CB which has always been a problem.

I think if you have good DL, LB's and decent safety you can get away with decent corners. Corners have it the hardest with the contact rule changes.

Guys  - just to clarify - how a practice squad works............

Any team in the NFL may sign anyone on ANY team's PS at any time with no compensation due the team you signed the player away from. However, the signed layer can only go to your active 53 man roster. The only way a player ends up on a PS is by being released by THAT team and clearing waivers.

Denver released a backup QB I am interested in - Kyle Sloter. If I had to cut some one, take your pick - but I think i dump Cody.

59 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Guys  - just to clarify - how a practice squad works............

Any team in the NFL may sign anyone on ANY team's PS at any time with no compensation due the team you signed the player away from. However, the signed layer can only go to your active 53 man roster. The only way a player ends up on a PS is by being released by THAT team and clearing waivers.

Denver released a backup QB I am interested in - Kyle Sloter. If I had to cut some one, take your pick - but I think i dump Cody.

Well logic is a factor here.  We cut Brock, they are going to likely sign Brock, and they cut this guy.  To me that says he should not be on our roster.

I don't know if we have room for him--four running backs seems like a lot unless we see Duke as mostly a receiver now--but I would love to grab Matt Jones, who was cut by the Redskins.  When he's not fumbling the ball, which I believe is very fixable, he looks like a legit NFL back.  He's also young and would come cheap.

Kasen Williams, the Seahwaks receiver who just got cut, looked like he was running through molasses both in college and the NFL.  I would be curious if he could play TE if we needed him, but we don't, so it's a hard pass for me.  He makes Rashad Higgins look like Sammy Coates.

Dream Practice Squad come tomorrow:

1. Kasen Williams WR (Seahawks)

2. Jordan Leslie WR (Browns)

3. Damore'ea Stringfellow WR (Dolphins)// Ranell Hall (Browns) // Malachi Dupree WR (Packers) // Austin Carr WR (Patriots)

4. LT from another team

5. OT from another team

6. Deon King LB (Browns) // Kenneth Olugbode LB (Browns)

7. BJ Bello LB (Browns) // Ladell Fleming LB (Browns)

8. Najee Murray CB (Browns)

9. CB from another team

10. Orion Stewart S (Broncos)

24 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Dream Practice Squad come tomorrow:

1. Kasen Williams WR (Seahawks)

2. Jordan Leslie WR (Browns)

3. Damore'ea Stringfellow WR (Dolphins)// Ranell Hall (Browns) // Malachi Dupree WR (Packers) // Austin Carr WR (Patriots)

4. LT from another team

5. OT from another team

6. Deon King LB (Browns) // Kenneth Olugbode LB (Browns)

7. BJ Bello LB (Browns) // Ladell Fleming LB (Browns)

8. Najee Murray CB (Browns)

9. CB from another team

10. Orion Stewart S (Broncos)

Stringfellow wouldn't be too shabby to bring in.  How has Stewart looked?  He had Kai support from you early on, I remember.

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Stringfellow wouldn't be too shabby to bring in.  How has Stewart looked?  He had Kai support from you early on, I remember.

I have no clue to be honest...just trust my eyes from college review and saw his name come up in waivers..

Kai love is a little over the top...Orion never got that...and no one ever will....

Archived