The New Season

Bonanza23

Alright I’m usually conservative or try to be with my Browns. But the hype needs to start. We got something cooking here. We got a real one in Baker. I’ve watched Kosar eat up defenses. He ate then up like they were faux videos. He’s a legend in my mind. But...simply put...Baker will be better than him. I know, a video to hype a very mediocre season. But look past the obvious and embrace the well obvious, Baker is superior than anything we’ve seen at QB. By far!

This coming new season will prove it. We’re on a roll and Baker will prove it. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, rfournier103 said:

Always liked the Browns, and Baker Mayfield is the real deal. 

Also, the Browns will win their first Super Bowl before the Steelers win their next. 

How’s that for hype?

Not big enough. Go again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

Also, the Browns will win their first Super Bowl before the Steelers win their next. 

How’s that for hype?

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Not big enough. Go again.

Browns win the AFC North and secure a first round bye for the playoffs with a 12 - 4 record. 

Better?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

How’s that for hype?

If no one else grants it to you - here is your honorary membership to The Dawg Pound.

Those posts are classic. You are, indeed, THE MAN!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

If no one else grants it to you - here is your honorary membership to The Dawg Pound.

Those posts are classic. You are, indeed, THE MAN!

Thank you very much. 

I’m flattered. Seriously. It’s a tremendous compliment from the fans of a truly historic NFL team and city. I will do my best to not let you down.

This would be a great year to take the next step. I think the AFC North is there for the taking; the AFC South is overrated; and besides the Chiefs and Patriots, I don’t see the other AFC teams posing too much of a challenge to the Browns in the playoffs. I really think they have the potential to be that good. And don’t forget - there’s always at least one huge upset every year in the playoffs. So, should Cleveland somehow get a bye and win that Divisional game at home, now we’re talking AFC Championship Game. As we’ve all seen - anything can happen.

Just take care of business; don’t make too many stupid mistakes; stay relatively healthy; and get a little lucky. The rest will take care of itself.

Tennessee - W 

Marcus Mariota is overrated, and the Browns should eat the Titans’ secondary for lunch. Win.

At New York (A) - W

Despite the Jets offseason improvements, I don’t think their retooled offense will have enough to outgun the Browns on MNF. The Jets are at least a year away, and I think the talent gap is still too wide both on the field and on the sidelines. As they always do, when the lights are brightest, the Jets crap out. Win.

Los Angeles (N) - L

Sunday Night Football versus the defending NFC Champions? Ick. Unfortunately, I think some growing pains show up here, and Jared Goff isn’t as bad as he looked in the Super Bowl. Browns keep it tight but can’t pull it out. Loss.

At Baltimore - W

Cleveland bounces back and takes a very close slugfest in Baltimore. I think Lamar Jackson is suspect and will be exposed this year now that there’s more video of him out there. Special teams play a huge role in deciding this one. Win.

At San Francisco - W

Not sure how to call this one. Two young hotshot QBs on MNF? The 49ers are at home, but I’ll give the edge to Mayfield as he isn’t coming of a torn ACL. I’ll give this one to the Browns. Win.

Seattle - W

I usually give the advantage to home teams in the east when a team from out west comes in. If this game were in Seattle, I’d pick the Seahawks. But it’s not, so I’ll go with the Browns in a pick ‘em. Win.

Bye Week.  

5-1 at the break and Cleveland controlling their own destiny. Can’t beat that with a stick.

At New England - L

As a Patriots fan for over 30 years, I can assure you all that the Patriots cough up at least one hairball every year and lose a game they should win. This could be it as the Pats will be on a short week coming off a MNF tilt with the hated New York Jets. The Browns give the Patriots a hell of a scare that comes down to the wire, but I think the Pats escape with a razor thin 4th quarter win. Loss.

At Denver - L

Old nemesis Joe Flacco proves to be a pain in the *** once again. I’d give this one to the Browns if it were played in Cleveland, but unfortunately, it won’t be. Loss.

Buffalo - W

On paper, I think the Browns are simply the better team, and they’re at home. Win.

Pittsburgh - W

The Steelers run their mouths all week about how the Browns are overrated and supposedly haven’t beaten anyone who’s any good yet. As usual, the Steelers prove to be more trash-mouth than smash-mouth. The Browns win at home, and the Steelers leave town STILL talking about how the Browns are overrated (eye roll). Win.

Miami - W

The Dolphins will be lucky to win five games this year. This won’t be one of them. Win.

At Pittsburgh - W

I'm on the fence on this one. I’ll pick with my heart here. Win.

Cincinnati - W

The Bengals won't be any good this year at all. Win.

At Arizona - W

My gut tells me this could be a “trap game.” Browns in first place; mild weather; lousy opponent; on the road; maybe a touch overconfident... I’ll give the Browns the benefit of the doubt and assume that their talent overcomes a potential lapse in concentration. This game is closer than it should be. Win.

Baltimore - W

Another close game. I say Browns by 4 at home. Win.

At Cincinnati - W

Bengals mail this one in. Browns cruise. Win.

13-3, AFC North Champions and a first round bye.

With EVERYTHING going the Browns’ way, I can see 13-3 as an absolute best case scenario. Personally, I think 12-4 or 11-5 more likely as I haven’t taken injuries into account, but why not be optimistic?

Edited by rfournier103
  • Like 1

C'mon, Dawg Pound Nation, is this boy's EZ chair set up in the Pound yet????

When you come to Cleveland, leave your coin in NE. Your money is no good here - We break bread and quench our thirsts on us.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

Thank you very much. 

I’m flattered. Seriously. It’s a tremendous compliment from the fans of a truly historic NFL team and city. I will do my best to not let you down.

This would be a great year to take the next step. I think the AFC North is there for the taking; the AFC South is overrated; and besides the Chiefs and Patriots, I don’t see the other AFC teams posing too much of a challenge to the Browns in the playoffs. I really think they have the potential to be that good. And don’t forget - there’s always at least one huge upset every year in the playoffs. So, should Cleveland somehow get a bye and win that Divisional game at home, now we’re talking AFC Championship Game. As we’ve all seen - anything can happen.

Just take care of business; don’t make too many stupid mistakes; stay relatively healthy; and get a little lucky. The rest will take care of itself.

Tennessee - W 

Jake Mariota is overrated, and the Browns should eat the Titans’ secondary for lunch. Win.

At New York (A) - W

Despite the Jets offseason improvements, I don’t think their retooled offense will have enough to outgun the Browns on MNF. The Jets are at least a year away, and I think the talent gap is still too wide both on the field and on the sidelines. As they always do, when the lights are brightest, the Jets crap out. Win.

Los Angeles (N) - L

Sunday Night Football versus the defending NFC Champions? Ick. Unfortunately, I think some growing pains show up here, and Jared Goff isn’t as bad as he looked in the Super Bowl. Browns keep it tight but can’t pull it out. Loss.

At Baltimore - W

Cleveland bounces back and takes a very close slugfest in Baltimore. I think Lamar Jackson is suspect and will be exposed this year now that there’s more video of him out there. Special teams play a huge role in deciding this one. Win.

At San Francisco - W

Not sure how to call this one. Two young hotshot QBs on MNF? The 49ers are at home, but I’ll give the edge to Mayfield as he isn’t coming of a torn ACL. I’ll give this one to the Browns. Win.

Seattle - W

I usually give the advantage to home teams in the east when a team from out west comes in. If this game were in Seattle, I’d pick the Seahawks. But it’s not, so I’ll go with the Browns in a pick ‘em. Win.

Bye Week.  

5-1 at the break and Cleveland controlling their own destiny. Can’t beat that with a stick.

At New England - L

As a Patriots fan for over 30 years, I can assure you all that the Patriots cough up at least one hairball every year and lose a game they should win. This could be it as the Pats will be on a short week coming off a MNF tilt with the hated New York Jets. The Browns give the Patriots a hell of a scare that comes down to the wire, but I think the Pats escape with a razor thin 4th quarter win. Loss.

At Denver - L

Old nemesis Joe Flacco proves to be a pain in the *** once again. I’d give this one to the Browns if it were played in Cleveland, but unfortunately, it won’t be. Loss.

Buffalo - W

On paper, I think the Browns are simply the better team, and they’re at home. Win.

Pittsburgh - W

The Steelers run their mouths all week about how the Browns are overrated and supposedly haven’t beaten anyone who’s any good yet. As usual, the Steelers prove to be more trash-mouth than smash-mouth. The Browns win at home, and the Steelers leave town STILL talking about how the Browns are overrated (eye roll). Win.

Miami - W

The Dolphins will be lucky to win five games this year. This won’t be one of them. Win.

At Pittsburgh - W

Cincinnati - W

At Arizona - W

My gut tells me this could be a “trap game.” Browns in first place; mild weather; lousy opponent; on the road; maybe a touch overconfident... I’ll give the Browns the benefit of the doubt and assume that their talent overcomes a potential lapse in concentration. This game is closer than it should be. Win.

Baltimore - W

At Cincinnati - W

With EVERYTHING going the Browns’ way, I can see 13-3 as an absolute best case scenario. Personally, I think 12-4 or 11-5 more likely as I haven’t taken injuries into account, but why not be optimistic?

Better. Don't sleep on Jake Mariota, tho.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

Thank you very much. 

Tennessee - W 

Marcus Mariota is overrated, and the Browns should eat the Titans’ secondary for lunch. Win.

At New York (A) - W

Los Angeles (N) - L

At Baltimore - W

At San Francisco - W

Seattle - W

Bye Week.  

At New England - L

At Denver - L

Buffalo - W

Pittsburgh - W

Miami - W

At Pittsburgh - W

Cincinnati - W

At Arizona - W

Baltimore - W

At Cincinnati - W

you get my nomination for homer of the year

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

When you come to Cleveland, leave your coin in NE. Your money is no good here - We break bread and quench our thirsts on us.

Thank you, brother! 

Never been to Ohio before, but if I ever find myself on the shores of Lake Erie, I shall take you up on that!

• Like 1