Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bonanza23

The New Season

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, most of the other fans are cool here.  There’s a handful of Ravens and Pats fans I find obnoxious, but most pretty cool.

The Bengals fans here are chill as hell. 

Ahh - see, I frequent reddit and they spare no mercy with their heckling. It's like a war zone there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, bruceb said:

The article in the link below bothers me.

The projections are in line with a lot of what I have read based on Mayfield's alleged "gunslinger" mentality.

QBs who will take lower probability of success shots when there are higher probability of success opportunities all over the field are stupid, imho.

We will have multiple higher probability of success opportunities all over the field.

I would prefer that Mayfield grow into a surgeon who takes advantage of them and carves opponents up.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/08/fantasy-corner-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-projections/

I do enjoy how these people took a real shot at his stats.

If you take his stats from last season and extrapolate it over 16 games he would have had the following...

Attemps : 576
Completions: 367
Comp%: 63.7
Y/A: 7.7
Yards: 4,447
TD: 32
INT: 17

NO ONE went outside of 5% change in any of those numbers.

Whether you believe in sophomore slump or improvement, this is crazy to me...
Our offense got better, or play calling is going to be more pass heavy, I think he improves by more than 5% in at LEAST a category or two....

My guess is this...
Attempts: 590
Completions: 398
Comp%: 67.5%
Y/A: 8.25
Yards: 4,868
TD: 39
INT: 15

Edited by CBrownsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

Ahh - see, I frequent reddit and they spare no mercy with their heckling. It's like a war zone there.

It’s been pretty much the opposite with the Bengals fans here.  Mostly just both sides crapping on their own team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bruceb said:

Paul Brown Quotes

"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."

After over 25 years as a HS teacher, coach, and now PA announcer, that message has been lost on far too many of our youth.  Not just in athletics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

After over 25 years as a HS teacher, coach, and now PA announcer, that message has been lost on far too many of our youth.  Not just in athletics.

BINGO!

Wasn't it Bear Bryant that told his players when they scored to flip the ball to the referee, and act like they had been there before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

BINGO!

Wasn't it Bear Bryant that told his players when they scored to flip the ball to the referee, and act like they had been there before?

I thought Jim Brown said that.  Sounds like a Bear Bryant thing, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I do enjoy how these people took a real shot at his stats.

If you take his stats from last season and extrapolate it over 16 games he would have had the following...

Attemps : 576
Completions: 367
Comp%: 63.7
Y/A: 7.7
Yards: 4,447
TD: 32
INT: 17

NO ONE went outside of 5% change in any of those numbers.

Whether you believe in sophomore slump or improvement, this is crazy to me...
Our offense got better, or play calling is going to be more pass heavy, I think he improves by more than 5% in at LEAST a category or two....

My guess is this...
Attempts: 590
Completions: 398
Comp%: 67.5%
Y/A: 8.25
Yards: 4,868
TD: 39
INT: 15

Well all you really did (unknowingly) was take the stats from the final 8 games (when Kitchens took over the offense) and doubled it. Over 16 games it would have been 4508 yards, 38 TD 16 INT and 68.4% completions. Oh, and 10 sacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I do enjoy how these people took a real shot at his stats.

If you take his stats from last season and extrapolate it over 16 games he would have had the following...

Attemps : 576
Completions: 367
Comp%: 63.7
Y/A: 7.7
Yards: 4,447
TD: 32
INT: 17

NO ONE went outside of 5% change in any of those numbers.

Whether you believe in sophomore slump or improvement, this is crazy to me...
Our offense got better, or play calling is going to be more pass heavy, I think he improves by more than 5% in at LEAST a category or two....

My guess is this...
Attempts: 590
Completions: 398
Comp%: 67.5%
Y/A: 8.25
Yards: 4,868
TD: 39
INT: 15

That is hawt

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well all you really did (unknowingly) was take the stats from the final 8 games (when Kitchens took over the offense) and doubled it. Over 16 games it would have been 4508 yards, 38 TD 16 INT and 68.4% completions. Oh, and 10 sacks.

Tayne will take the over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

BINGO!

Wasn't it Bear Bryant that told his players when they scored to flip the ball to the referee, and act like they had been there before?

Greatest coach of this generation says otherwise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't disagree with BB. Either way works - just different eras, different times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistakey said:

5000 td 50 td 10 int you heard it here first

Which is it - 5000 or 50 TDs? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Which is it - 5000 or 50 TDs? LOL

5050 apparently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×